For the JD critics.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Sep 3, 2022.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

His big offensive tackle is out for the year AGAIN.

His big time QB got himself hurt in the first pre-season game but we seemed to have dodged a bullet there.

Sure, on paper maybe our complete tear down and rebuild worked.

The last couple seasons have been very tough to watch so it seems unfair to say STFU to fellow Jet fans that still have their doubts.

2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I suspect the Jets fandom will need to suffer through Todd Bowles winning a Super Bowl or two with another team so it can truly bottom out before a turn toward optimism will be warranted.

hornblower likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rumor is that Giselle told Brady to retire or GTFO.

Todd Bowles isn't winning anything without Brady.

Jojo, SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You know who cares? That guy who bought his last TD football.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Every guy comes into a lousy situation or the change would not be made. His record speaks for itself and that's what every professional sports league bases failure or success upon. The record under the current GM is the worst in over 25 years. For someone to claim anyone in a leadership position is above criticism is patently ridiculous. If someone believes there is value in the cast of characters without results they are missing the point of competition. For someone to believe anything that has happened at the Jets in the last three years is ""truly great" or "magnificent" in any way has failed to recognize what's important - winning!

6. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

TB leaves camp for five minutes, every writer in the country has a contest to see who's story can generate the most clicks, and that's winning headline. I call BS.

FJF and hornblower like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A "tool on the internet"? That's a personal attack and having respect for everyone here is required. No one asked you to honor anyone, but you have chosen to honor a proven loser by the standards of his chosen field in holding him above any criticism whatsoever. And you're the one who gets to decide who that description fits? You just wrote a list of players who deserve a participation trophy as if they were nine years old. Guess what? There are no participation trophies when you get paid to play the game or control it. As soon as you get paid for your participation you have opened yourself and your performance to being critiqued.

It looks like you've been around here about as long as Joe Douglas has been; if what the Jets have done since then is good enough for you, thrive on it, but don't for one instant believe the rest of us need to be satisfied with the worst performance this century. The proof is here in black and white - to date Joe Douglas is a failure. You may choose to judge him on your dreams of the future, the rest of us are free to judge on the past and present, regardless of your demands.

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Douglas had a good plan coming in, he simply hasn’t executed very well.

Sure the Jets may have more talent than they did 3 years ago but other teams weren’t standing still during that time.

I have a bad feeling about this season, and if it goes bad enough someone will have to be the sacrificial lamb.

Jojo likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well... Brady is a pussy.

So there's that.

FJF, papapump and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  10. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

GMs job is to improve on the talent on his team. Talent that fits his CSs vision and schemes. All the rest is pure bs or a function for the CS. The talent has to be developed and has to work together. Again on the CS.

It’s not on the GM who inherited a mess to tear down and rebuild to near blame for the team sucking since 2011 or 16 or whatever years before he came on board. Is there more talent than when he was hired?

bicketybam and Noam like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

OP joined the board 10 days after Gase was hired, maybe OP is Gase. Gase definitely has too much time on his hands these days.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Yep

The internet is already a fire storm as it is.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Is it authentic frontier jibberish or just plain jibberish?

Telling the critics to STFU when the team has yet to have a winning record with Douglas here, seems a bit out there. It would seem the critics have a bigger right to voice their opinions over the current state of the team than the blindly optimistic posters. I like to think of myself as one that usually looks at the positives but I'm not going to go around telling those that think there are still major issues to STFU so I would suggest maybe you STFU until you can post some concrete evidence that the team is at least turning the corner. I even see in a later post how you don't expect them to show anything until after the halfway point of the season. If the team shits the bed in the first 9 games that is unlikely to instill confidence in the fans or the players. I'm all for fans to be behind the team but I don't know why there always have to be a few cheerleaders that think you can't be a fan while criticizing the team.

SOJAZ, ukjetsfan, Yankjetfan and 8 others like this.
  14. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

And that makes them equal lol ok

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean I’m fine with friendly debates but when I enter a thread titled for those who disagree to STFU I enter with my gloves off.

#75 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 4, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah a bit over the top

so I get that in the end the record is what ultimately matters but to say JD is judged ONLY on W-L record while stepping into an obvious rebuild doesn’t really make much sense.

I think the roster looks better with younger players hopefully on the way up and a better cap situation.

I also think a lot will come down to Wilson who I’m not super high on, but he was playing with lots of scrubs last year so this year should be more telling.

there’s hope for sure…

Noam and Nyjets4eva like this.
  17. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

If you aren’t criticizing JD, you’re either blind or ignorant. There is more to criticize than there is to like, and it isn’t close imo.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  18. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Isn’t that the same with even good Gms nobody is perfect right???

hornblower likes this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m not sure how the mods see this.Funny how people on one side get offended about the title by a Jet fan but yet put up with your constantly uneducated insulting and completely uninformed horseshit about the Jets. None more blind and ignorant than you.

#79 LAJet, Sep 4, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    bicketybam and hornblower like this.
  20. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Are you calling the other posters in this thread who are also critical of JD uneducated, uninformed horeshit, or is that only because I’m a bills fan? Criticizing JD is completely reasonable, and I would say, more reasonable than not.