2023 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by FinnishJET, Aug 5, 2022.

1. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Draft wasn't a complete disaster, could've been worse. Looking through other rosters, no one really jumped out, interesting season ahead I would think.

2. FinnishJET

Draft grade: C
    ”Mayonnaise, middle of the road, mediocre, All words that describe this draft. We have to trust We Want Moore! will make trades and player adds if they are to reach the playoffs.

We Want Moore! are not a super team, but they could possibly be playoffs-bound assuming things break in their favor. After picking No. 8 overall, the team is projected to land in 8th place in TGG Fantasy League. We Want Moore! are in store for a mark of 5-9 (2,183 points) with the current roster.”

What the hell do they know :D

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

No one is going to hand them the trophy right now, but after a draft like that, K'OB 'F*ck Marino' can trust they have a very good shot at earning the hardware this season.

GRADE A

Draft Summary
    A superb draft-day performance by the GM of K'OB 'F*ck Marino' turned the No. 7 overall pick into a projected 1st-place finish. The team is notably strong at wide receiver, as Devin Duvernay, Isaiah McKenzie, and Mecole Hardman are expected to combine for the highest point total of all starting WR groups in the league. K'OB 'F*ck Marino' are predicted to finish 13-1 (2,489 points) in TGG Fantasy League.

Going out on a Limb
    Either you know something that nobody else does or you jumped the gun with the selection of Duvernay with the 7th pick in the 5th round, about five rounds earlier than his ADP of 124. Granted, you might be onto something. Projected to score 348 fantasy points this season with the Ravens, he looks poised to take a step forward from last year when he caught 33 balls for 272 yards and 2 TDs, totaling 187 fantasy points. According to projections, Duvernay will slot in as the No. 1 WR for K'OB 'F*ck Marino' to begin the season.

Gotta know the kick returners :)

4. K'OB

Now the weight of expectations will take the fun out of it lol

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Probably could have waited like 4 more rounds to grab either of those guys (Duvernay or Mckenzie). Don't think anyone had them pegged that high lmao. Slipped my mind about return yardage

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Good luck everyone. Happy about my team. It'll be fun to see where everyone is is at in a couple weeks

7. K'OB

Yes, it was a waiting game, I filled up on my RBs first and then it was wait an see, Duvernay was ranked #5 if you hit the rankings for our rules, I was getting worried somebody would start clicking things in desperation so took him in the 5th round lol

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I won the "Best Draft" award last season. I finished about 8th.

I didn't do any research this year but I'm not entirely happy with my draft, I'll see what I can make of it.

K'OB likes this.
  9. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Didn't even know we counted return yardage, I have never heard of that lol. Probably should get rid of that next year...

dawinner127 likes this.
  10. dawinner127

Duvernay projected WR1 lmao

Mr mittens likes this.
  11. K'OB

League has always had returners in it as far as I am aware.

Gotta know your league rules, like I said he was ranked #5 he was shining out like a Belicia beacon to me, I was worried somebody else was going to pick him and then even better, right after I picked him somebody said damn forgot about kick returners and then nobody bothered to pick Mckenzie who was ranked #13 or our very own Braxton.

[​IMG] this is a Belicia Beacon btw, they are on the side of zebra crossings as a warning to cars and they flash yellow.

12. dawinner127

It's just a very unorthodox thing in a league-- not many leagues do it. If they do happen to have it, they don't have it set up where the return scoring is better scoring than rushing/receiving with a better yardage bonus as well.

It is what it is and I'm not mad at it, complete oversite on my end, but it's just something we can look at for future years.

[​IMG]

13. K'OB

I'm not saying it isn't unusual but it was definitely in last year, it is only marginally better than RB and even then not many people return over 100 yards a game.

Still, no doubt it will be scrubbed next season and my good memory will be all for nothing lol

14. FinnishJET

Yeah, the return yards has been there all the time. I thought that it would add an extra layer to consider. And as K'OB mentioned, there's not usually that much return yards per game.

But if people think those shouldn't be counted, we'll scrap it next year.

15. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Weirdly, return yards has been a part of scoring in pretty much all leagues I've been in in the past haha, so it didn't stand out hugely. The bonuses for over 100 yards did though, since those aren't usually included.

16. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Return yardage counts?! Wth lmao

17. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I'm not even mad I'm impressed

18. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

It's pretty silly lol. I have about 20 years of fantasy under my belt, playing in 5 leagues this year, 4 paid. Not a single one except this one ever has had return yardage lol. Whatevs, is what it is but we should definitely scrap it next year....

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I've never seen a standard team in Yahoo with return yards and I've done 10-12 leagues (all free unfortunately) per year for the last 20 years or so. I did a CBS league or ESPN league once each a few years ago, I think one had return yards. I never considered here because it was yahoo. Oh well, let's just hope whoever got a returner turns into the next Justin Miller.. he did have one great return at the beginning of the season though.

20. dawinner127

Not sure if this warranted a new thread, just gonna post this in here considering this thread is just a 2022 Fantasy Football Thread --

14 team league .5 PPR (pretty deep league)

Was offered:

His Kupp for my AJ Brown + Elijah Moore

My current WRS are - Jefferson, AJ Brown, Higgins, + Elijah Moore