Denzel Ain't Happy...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Aug 25, 2022.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So you keep telling me :p

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Denzel Mims is a #2.

Jojo, Nyjets4eva, b.reyes16 and 6 others like this.
  3. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Anything lower than a potentially low 3rd for Mims would be an L for JD. Problem is if Mims hangs around, you still cannot properly evaluate him due to the Jets having one of the worst QB situations in the league. You know the QB bar on this team has been set pretty low when a backup CFL guy walks in, and by a large margin, outshines the other stiffs on the roster.

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Borat likes this.
  5. K'OB

That should be a sobering thought for the young man.

6. K'OB

even a #3 with an Irish accent

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Do we really care if Mims asked for a trade? He will be released soon enough if he does not step-up his game. He will get his chance this season to show what he has.

Royal Tee likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Actually We care greatly about the 4th rounder we can get for him. We done good this year with both 4th rounders.

9. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Will we really notice a difference between Corey Davis and Denzel Mims?
    Corey had 34 for 492 last year and 4 TD's ---- Mims had 23 for 357 and 0 in his rookie year

Base Salary of 13M this year is the reason why Davis is starting.
    Corey Davis Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

I'd be perfectly happy with Mims, Moore, Wilson and Brax running the slot.

In hindsight, the Davis deal will go down as another, in the long line of bad Jets FA deals. Derrick Mason, Matthew Hatchette, Justin McCareins, Curtis Conway anyone?

What makes this one even worse, is that they basically drafted his clone the same year they signed him.
    Not smart and seems to be making Mims disgruntled. Just play the guy

Royal Tee, Brook!, azhar80 and 3 others like this.
  10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Why not compare the year they both played with the same offense? Then you are looking at 492 yds vs Mims 133 yes. That's more than 3 times the production

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Targets matter...

RochesterJet and Cman68 like this.
  12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

If this guy is pro Mims, I'd be embarrassed if I was. Hard to cherry pick stats and somehow hurt your opinion, but you nailed it!

FJF likes this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Interestingly, this is exactly what I was posting on this board. No less than a 4th rounder and that I would not trade him for 5th or lower. JD seems to have agreed, and we are better off keeping him. Knowing his current value though, serious question, is he the player with the worst pedigree to demand a trade in NFL history? I don't recall second round picks or lower who come off one of the shittiest seasons ever and never even having a 400 yard season in his career to ever demand a trade.

JackBower, Jets79 and Noam like this.
  14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

My guess is Mimms and Mike White will both be trade targets the closer we get to the deadline.

In regards to Mimms being the worst to demand a trade I was wondering about that when I saw Cam Reddish demanded a trade. It seemed worse than Mimms as Mimms in the right offense combined with opportunity will likely do very well.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Let's not rewrite history. When we got Davis, he was supposed to be #1 with Mims #2, and Moore a slot. We basically had an idea of 3 younger WRs for years to come. The problem is that the way it played out, Davis was more of #3 (or 2 at best), Moore a #2, and Mims complete garbage. So, this offseason we had to get #1, and JD used #10 overall for that. Honestly, if Davis proves to be a good #3 even, he would be worth 10.5 mil next year. And if not, we can opt out with minimal CAP hit. SO, his deal wasn't that bad.

Bigger point though is that Mims brought this upon himself to slide to #5 by getting chances and getting outplayed by likes of Montgomery last year. Berrios stepped up, Moore stepped up. Davis is still better, and we had to use #10 pick for future #1 WR. Had Mims played well last year, we don't need to draft GW and get a stud in another position instead. Then top WRs would be Moore, Davis, Mims, Berrios. Mims screwed himself by underperforming (to say the least) last year. Now he has to earn his reps. It's a long season, and as much as we don't want it, someone will get hurt or suck. Mims will get his chance again, and he needs to do a heck of a lot better this time.

azhar80 and Noam like this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I hope we trade White, because I thought Streveler is better and it would be good to get something for him, but what would people give for him? We are not the only ones who know the guy was just outplayed by Strev, immobile with weak arm, had two bad preseason games against one good, and only had 75 rating last year, in spite of Bengals win. I would be happy to take a late pick for him, just doubt anyone gives it.

As far as Mims, I don't see Jets stance changing of a 4th round pick. And if he actually plays and plays well we might not want to trade him at all. If he sucks, no one would want to trade for him. He might just be here to stay for a while.

Admittedly I know nothing about Cam as he is a basketball player, but I did a quick search, at least he was a top 10 pick. That's more pedigree than Mims right there!

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Davis is unreliable and at $13 mill this year, just a bad signing by Joe Douglas.

fortunately there is an out after this year

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You know why

MoWilkBeast and The Waterboy like this.
  19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Davis needs to be better than last year no doubt, but the talking on both sides of your mouth from the Cult of Mims is hitting new levels of hypocrisy.

Davis has produced in the league, got a contract and now gets an opportunity to prove his worth again because he didn't perform last year and got injured.

Mims has sucked since he's been in the NFL, wasn't dominant in college, never took advantage of opportunities and got beat out by 4th and 5th depth chart guys. I laughed out loud when I read he demanded a trade. That's like Kyle Higashioka requesting a trade, actually worse because he's actually done something as an MLB catcher.

Davis not producing how he should have last year to saying put Mims in his place, or to be outraged by Davis then back Mims. Does not compute.

#259 JackBower, Sep 2, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

We have a habit of doing well in the fourth round. Our last two seasons look like they have been productive: Max Mitchell and Michael Clemons this year, Michael Carter last year. We had a really bad string before that, though: La’Mical Perine, James Morgan, Cameron Clark, Trevon Wesco, Chris Herndon, Chad Hansen, Juston Burris and so on…

Remember that golden period we went through where our fourth-rounders were consistently among the best picks of each draft?

2011 – Bilal Powell
    2008 – Dwight Lowery
    2006 – Brad Smith and Leon Washington
    2005 – Kerry Rhodes
    2004 – Jerricho Cotchery

Jets79 and azhar80 like this.