QB Streveler added to Practice Squad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Given how many people wanted Streveler over White, which was understandable after the first two preseason game performances, I finally got around to watching the Giants replay. White's performance in that game was more reminiscent of the Bengals performance, in that he was making good decisions on his targets, and threaded a few nice tight window throws from what I could see. There was one where 3 defenders were in the area, and a decade of watching the Jets has scarred me into thinking that'll be an interception, but he timed those really well. He definitely doesn't have a Mahomes-like arm though, and it showed on the out routes, and the toss to Berrios for that touchdown felt like it took an age to get to the edge of the field. All in all, the sort of performance I'd be excited for Wilson to make this season, especially coupled with his superior arm talent.

Watched Streveler as well, and he definitely added an additional spark. I definitely hope he can make it to our practice squad now, since his mobility adds an element to the offense. Wouldn't have minded keeping him on the active roster for some plays I'm sure LaFleur could draw up.

Personally, I would rather Flacco had been the odd one out until Wilson returns, as watching him didn't give me much hope for week 1. His interception was pretty brutal, and not something you'd expect from a veteran like him. Who knows though, maybe facing his old team will get him to step up his game.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, JD and Saleh did manage to dodge any potential QB controversy with this move and it only cost $2.5M. Small price to pay for PVO..

3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

This coaching staff has NOT earned that level of faith yet. Not by a long way.

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

By that logic we should cut Zach Wilson and possibly Flacco as well.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

This was a no brainer. He was basically just brought in for TC. Can't really judge a guy from limited snaps against 3rd and 4th stringers. Wilson - Flacco - White makes sense. Jets fans always seem to fall in love with their lower tier QBs.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Have you seen our starting QB's play football?

7. Jason Bees

Jason Bees New Member

You have to wonder why they even bothered with Streveler in the first place, I mean he could have hardly done a better job and made a better impression than he did.

What else could he have done? Seems to me that they just wasted theirs and his time.

8. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

While every other team is focusing on competing for the Super Bowl, the Jets are focused on 4th string QB drama.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  9. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

For the team, he's a camp arm. For him it's a chance to showcase his talent to NFL teams. It wasn't a waste of time for anyone.

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Cowboys now have zero QBs behind Dak. Wonder if he'd be on their radar

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They're probably waiting for Streveler to clear waivers. ;)

12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Looks like he cleared waivers. Could be back in the practice squad soon.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

;

#53 Jets OG fan, Aug 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    Acad23 likes this.
  14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I get that but the logical thing is to elevate the player to the next level and let him prove he can do it. No one is saying put him in as the starter, but what we could’ve done is give him some time with the twos … let him start the second half and see how he does.

if he sucks then you know he’s a third teamer and you’re done. But if he continues to succeed then you increase the difficulty level again.

With some positions it’s more black and white than with a QB because the QB position requires lots of intangibles…that so called “it” factor. So for a receiver, hey if he runs a 5.5 you don’t bother because it just won’t work. But a QB is a bit different. If he can’t throw the ball 40 yards then yeah don’t bother. But if it’s his mechanics or just lack of experience I’d say let him show it against the twos.

In the end, I think practice squad is the right move anyway…there are several higher profile QBs on the street today anyway so we didn’t have to worry about someone picking him up, and now we get to take a longer look and see if there’s anything there.

themorey, dmw and Cman68 like this.
  15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

He'll get plucked from the PS by a division rival soon enuff.

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Wow surprised a future hall of famer like Streveler has passed through waivers. You surely would’ve thought that 1 of the other 31 GMs would’ve been smart enough to pick him up.

Good thing for us, SB back on!!!

BrooklynJetsFan and Royal Tee like this.
  18. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You should write propaganda pieces for mass consumption--all anyone said on this site was that he was a better choice for the 53 than White.

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Unless Zach is out game one, Flacco starts and gets hurt, Mike comes in and stinks. Then Mike is relegated to PS and Streveler is on active roster. Any of statisticians here who can run the model to determine this probability?

Seriously though, I am glad he made it back to the Jets

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I know Brooke started this ummmm foolish thread but I wanted to point out that unfortunately it appears Cman has drank whatever Brad drank and can’t even be taken seriously anymore. It’s a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.