2022 Roster after cuts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AtlantaJet, Aug 30, 2022.

1. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Good surprises: Zonovan Knight, Lawrence Cager
    Not so good: Nathan Shepherd,Justin Hardee, Tony Adams, ONLY 4 LBs!

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/08/30/ny-jets-official-53-man-roster-2022-cutdowns/

• QB (3): Zach Wilson, Joe Flacco, Mike White
    • RB (4): Michael Carter, Breece Hall, Zonovan Knight, Ty Johnson
    • WR (6): Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Braxton Berrios, Garrett Wilson, Jeff Smith, Denzel Mims
    • TE (4): C.J. Uzomah, Tyler Conklin, Jeremy Ruckert, Lawrence Cager
    • OT (3): Duane Brown, George Fant, Max Mitchell
    • IOL (5): Laken Tomlinson, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Connor McGovern, Dan Feeney, Nate Herbig
    • IDL (5): Quinnen Williams, John Franklin-Myers, Sheldon Rankins, Solomon Thomas, Nathan Shepherd
    • EDGE (6): Carl Lawson, Jermaine Johnson, Jacob Martin, Bryce Huff, Micheal Clemons, Vinny Curry
    • LB (4): C.J. Mosley, Quincy Williams, Kwon Alexander, Jamien Sherwood
    • CB (6): Sauce Gardner, D.J. Reed, Michael Carter II, Bryce Hall, Brandin Echols, Justin Hardee
    • S (4): Jordan Whitehead, Lamarcus Joyner, Ashtyn Davis, Tony Adams
    • ST (3): Greg Zuerlein, Braden Mann, Thomas Hennessy

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Let's see who we pick up after other teams' cuts and who we add.

I still expect some re-inforcements for tackle position.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

interesting for sure in a few spots. I do like they are willing to take a chance on young potential over sticking to aging vets who have lost a step.

QBs: Expected
    RBs: happy to see knight make it. I liked him in the draft as a sleeper but he went undrafted. suprised ty made it though but I guess he's better then coleman and perine
    WRs: expected
    TEs: happy cager made the 4th spot
    OT: only 3 is a suprise. i thought for sure we'd keep edoga or mcdermott
    IOL: expected
    IDL: interesting JFM is listed there. it seems he'll play mostly DT for us.
    EDGE: suprised curry made it with the depth we have. clemens was a beast in pre-season
    LB: expected. 4 is all we need really. rare that more then 2 will be on the field at the same time.
    CB: suprised guidry got cut. I thought he was a lock. other then that the rest was expected
    S: huge suprise of adams over pinnock but guess the coaches really like him
    ST: expected

Nyjets4eva and Noam like this.
  4. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

The practice squad is 16 players, so a lot of the waived guys will be back if they clear waivers.

KY Jets Fan and hornblower like this.
  5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…some surprises

realizing that this roster will change in the next day or two, but based on what it is now,

- I’d have preferred to keep Guidry at the expense of someone like Sheppard…too many DL but none of those IDL are really run stuffers and our run D sucked balls last year…hard to see how we’ll be better

- I’d have preferred to keep Pinnock or Parks over Davis who may be fast but he’s never in the right spot…I think our safety group is pretty poor outside of Whitehead…

- main gripe is OL depth and specifically Tackle depth….can’t imagine going into the season with only Mitchell as the backup or we are one injury away from catastrophe here…gotta believe they’ll make a move here and i5 may be involving a DL move

- 4 LBs seems too few…who’s playing special teams?

PJ4Ever likes this.
  6. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

So do this mean Ruckert is the fullback in I formation?

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm extremely surprised Vinny Curry still landed here.. The dude Is never healthy. Is up there In age at this point (In NFL terms). I don't get It. I would have much rather kept 3-4 other players that were cut over him. Same can be said about A.Davis. Dude hasn't done anything of note. I don't get It.

Anyway. Our roster looks a lot better than It has at any point this last decade. So, kudos. I'm glad we can bitch about the bottom tier of this roster at this point, that means we actually have a team full of talented players. That's a good thing In the end.

Jets79, Noam, abyzmul and 4 others like this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Not sure why people are surprised ior disappointed that Hardee is in the 53, he is the special teams gift for Boyer.

FJF, abyzmul and PJ4Ever like this.
  9. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I don’t think we are surprised tbh, it’s just that his spot could of been used for someone more valuable. I think just be a special teams gunner isn’t enough he can’t really play CB. I mean nobody else can do that role while providing other benefits? Sorry I don’t see how Jason Pinnock isn’t on the team and can play two positions that we are weak in both depth wise ijs

10. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

curry, Davis, and JH I really don’t get oh and I almost forgot Nathan Shepard. Those 4 we could of replaced and had better players overall

Jets79 and Lon Chaney like this.
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

depends on how you class 'just being a gunner' when he signed for us from the Saints he was extremely valuable to them in the area he stopped the KR etc

It is one spot and if we give it to a guy that was supposedly the best gunner in the league then I'm not too bothered and certainly not for Jason Pinnock tbh

Plenty on the roster that I would let go if you want to keep Pinnock, Shepherd for instance, Curry or Zuniga even.

#11 K'OB, Aug 31, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  12. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

agree 100%…has Curry even played a down for us…Sheppard also another one who is just a penalty machine don’t get him making it over someone like Smart or Marshall either. Should’ve kept Parks or Pinnock over Davis I think JD doesn’t want to let go of a third rounder but he hasn’t made one play in two years…he’s great at getting there late though I’ll say that. I think our safety group is pretty weak overall….that DL is going to have to wreak havoc or our defense is going to suck again as I don’t see any creative coaching going on for that side of the ball…

I’m also a bit surprised at 4 RB and no FB/TE hybrid on the roster…a bit odd based on the offense we run

And we are injury away from fuck all if Fant or Brown get hurt…we need OT help in a bad way

but yeah if we’re stressing over backups that’s a good sign…but I would’ve kept players like Guidry, Pinnock, Parks over guys like Curry, Sheppard, Davis….

Nyjets4eva and westiedog1 like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Six corners, four running backs, six edge rushers, four tightends + Hennessey…

Only three tackles (eight total OL) and four linebackers?

I can’t imagine this is the roster we roll into opening day with.

Jets79 likes this.
  14. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

White had one great game last year and then shit the bed. He has shown nothig since and I would rather have Streveler as #3 QB. At least he brings energy and some excitement, plus he can at least move with his legs.

NYJetsO12 likes this.