To be or Not to be…

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rockinz, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The Jets will be bad this season, the question is how bad - and how many people on this forum will defend it.

HomeoftheJets and Ralebird like this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Flacco constantly left clean pockets on Sunday against the Giants.

The OL isn’t going to be what holds this team back. It’s going to be inconsistent QB play.

3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

That scenario would be a total unmitigated (not sure what that word means but it sounds good) disaster. You have already asked a talented group of players to have patience while a young QB learns the position. Meanwhile these players will be developing their own skills, hopefully to a high level within the next 2 years with contracts coming up for renewal. Then you're going to draft a new QB and ask the team to go through the process again? You will end up with a mass migration of this talent accumulated by JD out of NY (unless they go to the Giants.)

We need Wilson to be the guy period. If he's not, then the next step has to be signing a veteran QB, if for no other reason than to give this group of young talent a chance at winning.

#43 westiedog1, Aug 30, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  4. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

wrong thread

5. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

With a dodgy QB situation and lack of proven talent and depth, a near .500 season at this point may seem like some unattainable pipedream. However, with the extra 17th game and 14 playoff spots, a record of 7-10 may be enough to qualify for a playoff spot (2010 Hawks won division @ 7-9). You never know how the funky shaped ball will bounce during the season.

westiedog1 likes this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The dude already tried to escape the JETS once....

Acad23, cval and Cman68 like this.
  7. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

best news jets fans could hear....schein has been a know nothing shmuck for as long as he's been on the air.

NYJetsO12 and stinkyB like this.
  8. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I just dont think the QB play is going to be there. Flacco looked good in the short game, but atrocious in the intermediate to long game. Mike White is very similar. I have very little faith in Zach based on what I saw last year.

With solid QB play, I think a wildcard spot is attainable. With great QB play, I don't see why this team couldn't win playoff games.

This is the most talented offense (outside of QB) since 2015. If healthy, I think this OLine could in the top third of the league. I love the WR group. TEs and RBs are much improved. Just need a QB to bring it all together.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Every news site has is as either the worst or second worst team in the AFC. It’s depressing. If Zach played well in a few games this preseason it may have felt different.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He also said that if SF kept Jimmie G the Trey Lance selection was Toast

In my heart I doubt it

Even with his hiccups Lance might do better than Zach

Wilson can't even see the field cause of dumb injuries:/

11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I felt the best, if not only path to real legit Jets improvement this season was for Becton and Zach to come through, become foundation type players and lead the offense back to NFL respectability.

That path appears to be absolutely shattered now along with whatever the polar opposite of a virtuous cycle is. Now everything on offense is going to be that much more of a slog, struggle, uncertain, doomed etc.

Now... maybe as a casual fan I was over rating that path. And maybe the Jets can find another one. But after observing the results of the last 10 years I'm just going to have to see that actually happen before I believe it. As of this moment I'm a doom and gloomer on 2022 and frankly beyond mostly because I'm not sure (and never was sure) I'm seeing it with Zach Wilson. I think there is talent there. But to be completely candid he just looks like a little squirt who's not going to hold up and so far that has been exactly what has happened. Still hopeful but I'm just going to have to see an extended run of health and positive results.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

And nobody gave my calls on Posts for Jimmie G a half consideration ....lmao that Posters are already banking on a Vet replacement at QB

Now the Niners have him locked up due to our GM overinflated ego that ZW is the pick to stick with ..just like Joe Flacco was the guy for Douglas in Baltimore

After 4 years sorry to say Douglas is a good GM but hardly spectacular imo

13. NYJetsO12

Well Strevlor is still on our Practice Squad lol

Cman68 likes this.
  14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Schein has repeatedly gone on telling us the Jets suck for over a decade. Clearly he knows nothing. Ohhh wait…..