Good Energy/Positive thread for our beloved Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETFUEL1580, Aug 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Being a member of this great forum for the last four months. Forgive me for being in the honeymoon stage of my enthusiasm on this forum. Been awhile since I've joined a forum and all. I've really have enjoyed this particular experience. With so many wonderful/tolerable personalities, I wonder even if a Super Bowl win within the next three years would make some of you happy. I guess being the second team in this city and all has just made us all well a bit indecisive, which is understandable. I'm 42 years old, and my eldest daughter just got married this past weekend, and she is a Jets fan as well. Born during the Parcells regime, toddler during the Edwards, became a fan during the Mangini era, through the Ryan era. She is pregnant with his first child( 2 months) and likes the name Jet if it's a boy, and no not like Jet Li. I'm gonna take leap of faith and I only want "positive' Jets fans on this thread for this upcoming season. I know and understand the misery and dysfunction. Kick to the balls yeah, but let's be honest. We got a good thing going right now. Look at this past draft just in it's own right. Some y'all worried about Zach, but Flacco is the best backup in the league

Let's focus on the good. Weeb Ewbank and Joe Namath ain't walking through that door. Bill Parcells and Curtis Martin ain't walking through that door. Might be the whiskey talking and probably is, but goddamn it there is a lot of be hopeful about.

Jets fans who are mature and sensible can reply. Ok I

hornblower, AJW, K'OB and 1 other person like this.
  2. twown

twown Well-Known Member

For real, I think Jet for a girl's name is even better.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

How common is the name Jet?

Jet was the 1213th most popular boys name and 10229th most popular girls name. In 2021 there were 157 baby boys and only 9 baby girls named Jet.

twown likes this.
  4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You started a Wilson thread after the claim that he was banging mom's BFF and say no MILF jokes
    Now you start a thread in the Jets section and you say you only wantg "positive" Jets fans in the thread

I don't think this is going to go exactly how you want

Ralebird likes this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

positive vibes only

hornblower, AJW, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No betting slips?

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'll be back.

REVISion and westiedog1 like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’ve found the best way to stay positive is to watch the same old bags of hot air deflate all over this board and revel in the fact that you aren’t them. The rest falls in line after that.

hornblower, JETFUEL1580 and mrjet80 like this.
  9. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

My 13 year old son's name is Jett, wife made me add a T to the end. My good friend then named his next born Bear lol, I think Jett sounds better.

10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The best way to stay positive is to put the trolls on ignore. They just want attention and do everything they can, posting insane post after insane post, all to get you to respond. Every time you respond to one of these trolls you will regret it and they will love it. They crave attention. That is why they post. If everyone would ignore them they would just go away. This forum is a much better place when you liberally use the ignore feature.

hornblower, AJW and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe a bit early for this thread as the team hasn't played a down of the regular '22-23 season. PVO sounds good but it will be short lived IF this team doesn't win or at least look decent when they lose. Want to quiet the noise? Sbow improvement, not just talk about it.. Fans all see the games and the play on the field so no amount of gaslighting and happy jingles will work.

NYJetsO12, AJW, Br4d and 2 others like this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! As for the judgment passed on negative posters, yeah they can be insufferable at times but they've "earned it" for the most part with many years of crushing, inexplicable torment.

Speaking for myself, I had become a Dark Sider after living through decades of futility with brief interludes followed by more futility like the end of the Rex Era, Idzik, Maccagnan, Bowles, then Gase. I was ready to just throw the towel in. But the firing of Gase and hiring of Saleh and hitting a full rest, and drafting Zach Wilson and then the other high potential players renewed my enthusiasm But I'm now slipping somewhat back towards the D.S. after Douglas passed on Becton's replacement - regardless of how great Sauce is or might become - and then Becton predictably getting injured - reminds me of Macc passing on Mahomes/Watson to take Adam.

Anyway, for now, I'm in "wait and see" mode. That's all any of us can do. And each of us can freely choose to be optimistic or pessimistic, or somewhere in between.

And if it's a boy I guess Jet is better than Sue but the psychological damage may not be much less.:D

14. JETFUEL1580

The no MILF jokes was sarcasm. Pretty sure most would have assumed that.

15. JETFUEL1580

You know what, you might be right. Either way works.

16. JETFUEL1580

All very true. I don't mind the negativity to be honest, and in a way I'm kinda trolling as well. Just pumped for the new season and trying get some of the other posters going.

#16 JETFUEL1580, Aug 28, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  17. JETFUEL1580

Boy named Sue

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Being negative does not bother me. I am mostly a darksider. What I object to is uneducated ignorant ranting and irrational posts based on opinion or cherry picking opinion to to find a desired outcome. There are a number of very loud posters who have dominated this board and have made it a miserable place. Not because they are darksiders but because they are irrational, repetitive, attention seeking trolls who intentionally try to be annoying. They are trolls. They contribute nothing to the discussion other than to derail discussion. They offer no information, no film breakdown, no links, no articles and when they do offer something they take it out of context and try to bend and twist it to their point of view. They only offer one possibility that the Jets suck will suck, Zach sucks and JD suck. They refuse to acknowledge other possibilities other than their own opinion. They are a disease and a blight on the forum. If they actually read and educated themselves they would realize most of what they say is wrong and contradicted by information readily available. They are everything that is wrong with America. They are the uneducated ugly American that never shuts up regardless of how little they know about whatever subject they are ranting about.

The net effect is they derail discussion and drive good posters from this forum. They have turned this forum into a cesspool that only they can live in. Dissent is good when it promotes discussion but ignorant self-entitled annoying brats who only post for negative attention is the problem we have as they have destroyed this board.

#18 Noam, Aug 28, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    AJW and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  19. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

We will win 1 to 2 more games this year vs last

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  20. JETFUEL1580

I like this kind of thinking. No one is predicting to win the division, but a step in the right direction is fine with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.