To be or Not to be…

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rockinz, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Pre season and camp has wrapped up… We have had a good look at this team. Are we good enough to make to playoffs or not?

My opinion is that we have a lot of juice and we will keep games close. I look at the division/schedule and feel we are a 5-9 win team with potential to improve.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I doubt it, but I’ll be rooting away. The run defense is going to be a huge issue all year and we have an absolutely brutal draw to test it right off the bat in week one and two.

This looks like a six win team with a fun late season push after we get our doors blown off and start something like 1-5, 2-6.

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

They’ll be a better second half team. We are probably looking at 7-10.

Rockinz likes this.
  4. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

5-12. Anything better than that represents overperformance. I'm not sold on Zach. I hope I'm wrong and I'll be rooting for him.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Most likely outcome is we win 5 or 6 games, Zach is a bottom 10 QB, and half of TGG still wants to keep Douglas employed because "potential" something something.

papapump, Wut?, Jets69 and 3 others like this.
  6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If you’ve enjoyed the preseason you should enjoy the regular season because we will probably end up with the same amount of wins.

stinkyB and Brook! like this.
  7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Something I've noticed is that this is the first season in forever where it seems like most of our fans are expecting us to be bad. We were almost always overly optimistic in the past.

I wonder if maybe we'll be proven wrong again and they'll surprise to the upside this year?

NYJetsO12, Brook! and cval like this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Don't get carried away.

REVISion likes this.
  9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Like someone else stated in another thread: regardless of how "talented" we are at some spots we are crazy thin at others

Just like our cuts other teams have to make cuts so run defense and MAYBE tackle depth can be solidified

Zach needs to stop pressing after a mistake and settle in like he did post injury last year. Maybe this injury early could be blessing in the long for this season(only this season)

If our teeth get kicked in; in the first 8 games. Are we a team that can rattled off 7/8 in a row on the second half? Highly unlikely.

We have been overly optimistic in years past with shittier rosters. This year there should be some hope in future play of some of the young guys. We have talent until it busts. The main one i am worried about being a bust is JJ he was a ghost in preseason. Clemons will in fact be one of if not the best pick of this draft (lol) .

Again this year is about growth. It's about those 8 games and the record there after. Then how we respond and fight after. More wins and a better fight each game and I'll be looking forward toward next year. Same results or worse I'll be excited we are looking for a new QB in the draft... Etc(SOJ cycle :( )

ouchy likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I am pretty intrigued to see what Sauce/Garrett Wilson become. I thought very highly of both of them coming out of the draft and I think they both have the potential to become cornerstone franchise players. Michael Clemons is also going to be AWESOME. One of the more physically dominating players in college.

I don’t see any way Zach Wilson makes it through the season healthy nor performs the way we need him to in order to become a franchise QB.

The run defense should also be exceptionally bad. It was actively downgraded across the board except for Kwon Alexander who has been on a million teams in three years. I am not sure how Joe can get on that preseason interview and preach starting in the trenches when 4/5 of our offensive line are 30+ year old free agent signings and we don’t have a good run stuffing DT on the roster.

papapump, JetFanInPA, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I do believe we are a much better team but I don't see where the wins come from. I am still in the 2 to 4 win camp until I see them actually win games. My hope is to see them play competitive football first then begin to win games in 2023.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think we’ll be on the “in the hunt” graphic around thanksgiving if the line stays heathy
    I’m worried about the run d and tight ends chewing us up.( mark andrews dfs must start)
    Offensively we have playmakers if the qb can be efficient.

PJ4Ever and KY Jets Fan like this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think we'll be on the outside looking in but my hope is that we're at least on the "In The Hunt" graphic into November/December. Progress.

ouchy, themorey and FJF like this.
  14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Don't think this team is going to get consistent enough play at the QB position to be in the hunt, especially with our tough start to the season.

So no, they're not to be.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The OLine will need more time to gel. ZW needs more time to heal. Flacco needs more time to get interested, White just needs more time.

SOJAZ and PJ4Ever like this.
  16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Mike White will have all the time in the world when the Jets cut him for Streveler. :)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The roster is much improved, you can just see the speed everywhere. I think they have the right building blocks in place.

That said, the QB position is a mess. And that's all that really matters. They will go only as far as Joe and Zach take them, which is to about 5 wins.

Leicester Jet, SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I wonder if Flacco seems disinterested because he knows Zach will be back Week !?

Cman68 likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Adam Schein of Adam Schein talk radio says we are off to a o-7 start having seen the god awful JF pick 6
    Sooo?

20. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

It's hard to learn much from pre-season, but this team needs time to gel and time for young players to mature. I'm thinking 5 or 6 wins and I hope I'm wrong and they do much better.

Rockinz likes this.