Chris Streveler

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenWhiteandGold, Aug 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

One option i would truly consider is putting White or Strev on the PUP List with a mysterious injury...that way they don't count against the 53 man team and can delay a cut or practice squad demotion for several weeks...that way we would have a better idea of potential trades or assignments to the 53 man roster.

azhar80, SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

When the Jets Management start thinking out of the box, at a gut level instead of a paper one, they will start know what it means to be a Bellichek

Chris S ?? I say go for it !

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Belichik is Belichik because he wants guys who want to play football in a well-defined scheme that is consistent over decades. He wants guys who won't make the same mistake twice. First one is on him because he's the coach and should have prepared them well enough that they didn't make the mistake. Second one is on the player. Third one will be on the next team if that guy is good enough to stick somewhere else.

In other words he wants well-motivated, disciplined players and he doesn't suffer idiots well. He also drafts for those qualities, frequently taking less talented players because they pass the test in all of motivation, discipline and football smarts.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

... and Tom Brady.

5. Br4d

Tom Brady was a less talented, well motivated, disciplined guy with football smarts. Yes?

Belichik also got decent seasons out of Matt Cassel and Mac Jones who both totally fit the profile.

REVISion and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I didn't know that the CFL was 3 downs and out. No wonder Streveler moves the team so quickly as he's used to playing at that accelerated pace whereas Joe is used to a more measured speed. I'm trying to see the upside to keeping Flacco on the roster besides his contract. He's already stated he still wants to start and has very little interest in being a mentor.

7. Br4d

It's a JD thing. Flacco was a trade and has a contract and so JD has a lot tied up in him whereas he has next to no investment in Streveler.

When the Jets hired JD they made a bet with the devil and so far Lucifer is winning big time.

Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Look, I know it's a preseason, and when Streveler got that first win, we all laughed and made jokes about it. Then he goes, moves the ball, and repeats the comeback W in a second game, while White continues to suck. I'll be honest, that got my attention but not really completely sold yet. Now the third game, and Steveler again does the same thing. At some point we have to realize, lighting doesn't strike 3 times in the same spot. It's not a coincidence or a fluke. This is consistency. Even the stuff that doesn't show up in passing ratings like the passes he threw resulting in PIs, which were major gains for us. Or a 7 yard run he made and got of bounds to stop the clock. He moved the ball and got us to the end zone to come back from behind again and again and again. To me, this is too much of a coincidence to say he just got fortunate, since it is only preseason. 3 times in a row is not purely good fortune.

Again, I am not saying that he is now our FQB to take us to SB or to trade Flacco and Zach, but I am saying that he is better than Mike White at this point of their careers with both 27 years of age, and we should keep the better player.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

When Belichick wins another trophy w/o TB12 I'll re-consider my position.

Brook!, FJF and Cman68 like this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Agreed - coaching is much easier when you have best QB of all time, and Belichick is overrated. But he is still a good coach. He coached the Jets before as a coordinator with Parcells and did a really good job. Parcells is a legend, and he was his right hand man. Then was able to take NE to play-offs second year without Brady and had a respectable record first year. Overrated - very true. A proven good coach - also true.

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

White outplayed Steveler while facing actual NFL players.

azhar80 and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  12. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Although Mike White played his ass off against the Giants, I still think Streveler is just a little better. Also, I like the idea that Streveler is an unknown commodity. He could develop into something special? I also believe we've already seen Whites ceiling. So if I'm JD I'm moving on from Mike White in favor of Streveler......

ColoradoContrails, SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The JETS are gonna fuk up droppin this guy.
    The works are already in place.
    He got no love in any JETS videos and when they did the comeback from last week on tv, they didn't even say his name in the highlight...lol
    Other than a few name drops, If it weren't for the CBS interview at the end you'd think he didn't play well ..

I'd rather have him on the roster and use him as an X factor than keeping a 5th TE...
    Utility guys ..x factor whatever you wanna call it, he's a plus on the squad.

Brook!, azhar80, NYJetsO12 and 4 others like this.
  14. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

QB#1

Ditch Joe Fucko

15. Cman68

Streveler never got to play against actual NFL players this preseason if you're talking 1st string guys. He wasn't supposed to play at all by design but circumstances forced LeFleur's hand and the result was 3 comeback wins by SuperSub. Jets would have been 0-3 behind Mike "The Legend" White and Slo Joe Flacco.

16. Cman68

You saw that in the Bengals game. You'll never see that level of production out of Mike White again most likely. Browning Nagle ring a bell?? At least he parlayed that game into a $2.5m contract. Not mad at all at the guy.

17. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

There's a real chance BOTH White and Streveler get cut with one landing on the practice squad. There's been conversation of the Jets keeping just two QB's. The third QB becomes a very valuable roster spot as you get into the season. I'm hoping that's not the case, but for me the choice is obvious. Streveler very clearly outplayed White and has more upside. I hope the Jets keep him....

Cman68 likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It just feels so painfully obvious watching Flacco play the last two years has no passion for football at this point in his career. He’s going to come in fling a couple balls down field, check down most of the time, settle for the punt and be happy if he barely gets hit.

That’s based on his regular season play as much as it is the preseason games. I’d rather watch Streveler and White fight for their NFL lives and try to win games than this schmuck.

And I say that full well knowing Flacco is likely the best option.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I get the same vibe. If he doesn't have a chance to win the starting job, he really doesn't care.

Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  20. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

The one thing the Jets have going for them with trying to get Streveler on the practice squad is not many teams keep 3 QBs and I don't think somebody would sign him to be a backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.