Chris Streveler

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenWhiteandGold, Aug 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Surely he won the second game v Atlanta 30-22 Petty finished 12 of 19 for 168 yards, including a 13-yard TD pass to DeVier Posey late in the third quarter that put the Jets up 23-14.

It has to be said who the fuck is Devier Posey lol

the answer is

The Texans traded Posey and their 2015 third round (82nd overall), fifth round (152nd overall), and seventh round (229th overall) draft picks to the New York Jets in exchange for New York's 2015 third round (70th overall, used to pick Jaelen Strong) draft pick on May 1, 2015.[5][6] He was waived on August 30, 2015.[7]

Cman68 likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You have waay too much idle time KOB.. :)

blackssmagic, Brook! and K'OB like this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Brady was a skinny dude with a relatively slow release. I'm a huge Wolverines fan and while I wanted the Jets to draft him I thought the 6th round was probably about right. I wanted him even after the Jets took Chad but that was because I thought it would be cool to have a guy I liked as the backup QB and emergency guy at some point in the future.

Charlie Weis took the Erhardt-Perkins and turned it into a monster with Brady as his pet project. That's why Belichik was confident sticking with him in the playoffs even with Bledsoe ready to return. Brady's stats weren't great but he knew the offense and just fit into it really well.

Can Grande, NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.
  4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

what does size have to do with cleaning up a labrum that caused him to lose nothing in arm strength and QBs have had done periodically forever. I remember Kenny having labrum issues all the time. Never missed game time. Wilson’s other injury was a broken thumb? Size related? A knee, also size related?
    Size hasn’t been an issue. Never has been a size problem

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I agree about Size - actually Zach's size is decent at legit 6-2 and now having bulked up to 220. However, injury is a legitimate concern at this point. Thankfully he has avoided anything serious since he came to NFL, and missed only a few games in both College and Pros, but I am keeping my fingers crossed these early couple of games is all he is going to miss this season. Again, don't think it is size related, but it doesn't really matter what it is related to, we need him to be available, and this is part of his evaluation this year.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Cman68

Streveler's 15mins are over. MW looked better against the NYG 3's than he did against the ATL 1's. Enough to seal the deal for the CS.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Dude was awesome, now the big question...Does he make the team?

8. Br4d

If the Jets cut Streveler they are throwing away most of the positive vibes from the pre-season.

Jet's 0-3 in the pre-season except Streveler brought them back for the win 3 times to 3-0 instead.

It's gonna take balls the size of cannon balls to cut him and if he goes to another team and gets a chance and succeeds the entire regime here will be chained to the rocks of Jet Hell for the rest of their lives.

Brook!, NYJetsO12, Poeman and 3 others like this.
  9. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Time to order a Strev jersey

NY Jets68, IDFjet, TheCleaner and 2 others like this.
  10. Cman68

But but... Mike White put 400yds on the Bengals and he looked great against the Giants 2's and 3's !! No way the CS can ignore that.. All Streveler does apparently is win games coming from behind.. Not exactly a well known trait of Jet QB's...

Br4d likes this.
  11. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

They may try to ps him until Zach teturns but he's not making the 53. His late game heroics have come against guys who will be stocking shelves after Tuesday.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And that's why he gots to go...:confused:

Cman68 likes this.
  13. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Hard to justify cutting Strev or White honestly. Actually Jets might be better off cutting Flacco and keeping the young guys. These are signs of a good team. We have players who are showing they belong on the team, but bcuz we have a talented roster we might have to release good players.
    At this point the Jets have to be feeling good abt the backup QB, RB, WR, TE situation. I would hate to be the one to finalize this roster but I wouldnt mind taking a Million or 2 to make that happen loll

BrooklynJetsFan and blackssmagic like this.
  14. Cman68

The only reason to keep White over Streveler is the $2.5mil contract?

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

White just had a really good game. The only good game out of 3 preseason ones. And Streveler still managed to do better than him even in that game, with his 3d good preseason game in a row and another comeback win. It's a tough call, it really is, because White has been with the team for while, and Streveler is a new guy coming out of no where. However gun to my head, I feel Streveler earned this more than Mike did. I mean, its great that Mike finally did something good in preseason, but Streveler still did better, and completely outplayed him previously. More mobile too, which resembles Zach Wilson's game, which means play calling doesn't need to change with Streveler in. Not easy, but I think Streveler earned it over Mike.

Dream scenario: with this decent game, someone gives a late round pick for Mike White, we trade him and keep Streveler.

16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Keeping MW realistically has no bearing on NYJ success-if he's playing we lose most games. CS can do no worse.

NYJ logic--keep MW.

17. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Keep White and Streveler, trade Flacco to the Seahawks...He's got to be better than Geno..right? Streveler likely does not know enough of the playbook to start week one. Start White, put in Streveler for a spark in the fourth quarter to win the game!!!

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Streveler is easy to root for. Hopefully some team that is shallow at the QB position takes a flyer on him.

LF911SC and Cman68 like this.
  19. Br4d

It's even more than that I think. Streveler always has the team moving in a positive direction and quickly. It's like watching the CFL in action. They only have 3 downs to get things done up there and and he's always looking for the first down on every play. That's why the Jet offense looks so consistent so far.

We had the Mike White game last year and another good game out of the 4th stringer. Those are the only sequences where the Jets offense hasn't looked like it was knee deep in mud maybe going back to the last half of 2019.

Jeff M and Cman68 like this.
  20. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Strev did great again, but IMHO, the staff blew it. They should have had him in the game earlier to see if he had the magic against second team D, instead of third team D. Too late now to get that answer.

White is a relatively known quantity, got to find out about the unknown quantities in these games.

I still think Strev has more of an it factor than does White, though Mike did play well.

azhar80, IDFjet and Cman68 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.