Denzel Ain't Happy...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I hope you are right. While Deshaun may be rusty this year, I have no doubt he will be back his normal self for next years. And he is still going to be 27 with 10 years or more left in the tank. I see no reason why he won't get back to his normal self after this year. The guy led NFL in passing yards with no one to throw to and he is still young. I think after a couple of games this year, towards the end of the season he will be back to normal. If Browns can latch on to #7 seed, I doubt anyone would want to play them.

Come on now, wouldn't pretty much every Jet fan on this board give up one of the testicles if by the end of this year Zach became Deshaun caliber player? That's what Cleveland will have by the year end. And they paid very little to get him. Basically it's what 49ers gave up for unproven Trey Lance, who didn't even play in FBS. And they got Amari Cooper, a Pro Bowl talent WR for a 5th round pick to essentially get one of these 1st rounders back. Clowney spurned better offers to stay there. When you have a QB of his caliber on the roster, all of the sudden good players take less to play with him.

Hope we can beat them in week 2 before Deshaun plays there. It will be a lot harder to do towards the end of the season. Cleveland definitely changed its fortunes from one of the worst franchises in NFL. They did take some risks, but it sure looks like they paid off in a major way. I would not discount them as some sort of dumb loser franchise any longer. Hopefully Zach can develop to become a top QB like that too, that will change our fortunes as well.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Ok, lets make sure we don't completely derail the Mimms thread into the mighty Browns and Deshaun happy fest. BTW, Browns until proven otherwise have been a massively dysfunctional organization, and the addition of DeShaun and his ridiculous stupid ass contract has done nothing to alleviate that concern. Yes, great QB who has not won much of anything and a headache to boot. Same was said about Beckham and every other great offensive player that bombed in Cleveland.

ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

All of what you are saying is predicated on Watson coming back after 2 years and playing how he had previously while also not getting into any more trouble. Paying $46M a year based on that is having some high hopes. Not saying he won't get back there but it's certainly not a sure thing. Even when he comes back is Brissett going to have them in a position where Watson winning 4 of their last 6 gets them in the playoffs.

And really, is first-round picks in 2022, 2023 and 2024; a third-round pick in 2022; and a fourth-round pick in 2024, very little? If he comes back and is All-Pro ok decent value but what if he comes back and is average? Then they have an average QB, lack of draft picks and little cap space. It was a very big gamble so if it does not pay off they are back to the Browns of old.

To get the thread back on track, Mims had 2 seasons to show the Jets how serious he was about football but now when he finallky decides to try and get it together he's pissed and wants a trade. Makes sense.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Not enough proven top end talent yet for that, but deep across the board. A lot will depend on QB position. Ideal case scenario Zach takes big intermediate step this year and is Josh Allen in 2023 and GW/Moore break out by then too. Then we will talk playoffs/SB.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Denzel Mims is annoying acting like that. Jets fans have supported him since he was drafted. I think the Front Office and both coaching staffs have too. He just has not produced enough and now there are truly 3 WR's (Davis, Moore, Wilson) who should be on the field over him for sure. Berrios too. Maybe Jeff Smith and a couple of the young guys too. That's life. I think Mims' issue is the mental side of football. He clearly has great size and speed. Seems like good hands too. It just hasn't added up on the field.

What can Joe Douglas get for him? Good question. Maybe a 3rd-4th Round pick. Especially if they take the stance that they won't trade him and will just keep him on the roster if no team pays what they want. They can also argue that Mims has progressed and learned a lot the last couple years. You are getting a 2nd Round WR with experience so you don't have to worry about the growing pains the Jets did with him.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Edit for being a huge C***

#127 K'OB, Aug 27, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  8. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Mims has too much upside to trade for cheap. JD will hold out and wait until he receives the offer he is unable to refuse.

Saleh already subtly mentioned this in his comments post-news and his talk with Mims friday morning.

Mims will be on the roster and a ST contributor when needed.

#128 BrooklynJetsFan, Aug 27, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    LAJet and azhar80 like this.
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

That was last year, rookie year was still only 357 yds which was 134th most in the NFL in 2020

K'OB likes this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Fuck me, I read it from the bottom up, thinking it would list them 20 then 21

I knew that it was wrong, that'll teach me not to treble check but even so 357 yards is still far from solid

The Waterboy likes this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

But them jump balls.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Spot on. That is why at least four teams have already inquired and probably more. His upside is clearly there. That kid was drafted for one style of play, completely changed in year two amidst all his physical woes and barely able to get back in football shape.On year three his improvement has been quite apparent, and his potential is clearly there. The Jets brass knows his true value. A trade should net us a solid pick. The rest is noise.

azhar80 likes this.
  13. BrooklynJetsFan

Agreed. His agent saw a few WRs on other teams go down - and tried to make a Rosenhaus play. Problem is the other WRs on Jets roster will get thru waiver and be signed to practice squad. None of these guys behind Mims are getting added to an active roster including Jeff Smith (if he became #6).

Royal Tee, LAJet and azhar80 like this.
  14. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

Denzel Mims the Kevin Durant of the NYJ.
    Hope they keep him.

JetsNation06 and blackssmagic like this.
  15. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I might be one of the few that feels this way. I am not trading or cutting him unless something decent is coming back. With the rash of injuries we had last year, he might be valuable as the 5th wide out. One trade I did think about was with the Jags and potentially getting Laviska Shanult

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He looked damn good today. I also like that he went back out there even when he was injured

17. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Well Mims either upped our return in a trade, or won himself a roster spot today. He ran his mouth, and then backed it up best he could, I’ll give him that.

Royal Tee, Jets79, apjbfc and 3 others like this.
  18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Denzel for a conditional 2nd or 3rd. Give us a call

19. BrooklynJetsFan

Mims not going nowhere

Jets79 and Borat like this.
  20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Definitely looked the part today. Is it enough for him? Will he be happy being the 5th receiver and getting scraps. That's what he's looking at whether he likes it or not. If he treats those chances with the same drive and purpose he did today then he's a valuable roster addition and might just prove to be a replacement for Davis next year, if sulks and shows the commitment and energy he did last year then the Jets are better off taking whatever they can get for him.

Borat and Cman68 like this.