Chris Streveler

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenWhiteandGold, Aug 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

There should be a legitimate competition for 3d string QB spot now. All the credit in the world to Mike White for one good game last year, but overall he still had only 75 rating with 5TDs and 8 INTs. This is nothing to write home about. He was also not exactly a young rookie at 26 years of age. He is immobile, has a weak arm, low depth of target. He followed that 75 rated season up with average training camp and poor pre season, where he only had 72 rating, while given a lot of chances to play, and wasn't able to move the ball. Sounds like a typical practice squad/low back-up guy if you ask me, even factoring in the Bengals game.

Streveler, while didn't practice much, had a good preseason, and clearly outplayed Mike. Team played significantly better with him on the pitch, and he led to two TDs each game and won them both Saleh said Giants game will be dress rehearsal. I understand neither of these scrubs is leading us to SB, but I believe every roster spot needs to be earned, including 3d string QB. We can factor in potential too to some degree, but they are both same age: 27. Let's see what White and Streveler can do on Sunday. And if the trend continues, Saleh may not have a choice than to give 3d QB spot by merit, which in this instance would be Sterveler.

PJ4Ever, Jeff M, blackssmagic and 5 others like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Geno Smith is a work in progress... :cool:

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

As the season goes on the question may be come if Zack takes some baby steps but not a huge jump, does JD still give him year 3? I say he will, unless we end up with the #1 overall pick and Arch Manning decides to skip college and go right into the nlf.

4. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Yep. Except Brady won the two bowl games during his tenure and clearly outperformed the other guy.

5. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

True. JMO but I’d say that was a mistake.

6. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Allen was good in his first year. Forget the stats. He had no help on that team. Had to do it all himself. He was as physically dominant in year one as he is today. You knew that the second he hurdled Anthony Barr. He has refined his skill set to be sure with hard work and good coaching but he’s the same guy he was at Wyoming. His hallmark has always been other worldly athleticism. He’s the LT of QBs.
    I think the Steelers did well in this years draft. Pickett looks really good. Their second rounder was the best WR in the draft and is going to be a star.
    I’d love for Streveler to turn into something. Its possible.

twown and ouchy like this.
  7. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

Agree 100% with this take. Yet today (yesterday I guess) Costello had an article in the NY Post saying that Streveler has no chance to make the team.

This should be complete bullshit - and if Streveler again outplays White this coming Sunday and still doesn't make the team then he should conclude that nothing in training camp nor in the PS games mean a thing.

Yes, initially he was brought in as another arm, however, the kid has played balls to the wall, is hungry, and seems to be a natural leader.

Loved White's story last year, but at this juncture he's been outplayed and should be a cut consideration.

Borat, blackssmagic and IDFjet like this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But was still not thought good enough as he was only drafted in the 5th or 6th round.

9. K'OB

I liked the look of Pickens but it is a bold claim to say he was the best WR in the draft.

Jeff M, blackssmagic and REVISion like this.
  10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Again define suck, you know who else was bad there first two season Drew Brees(drafted his replacement). Aaron Rodgers, Chad Pennington, Kurt Warner, Ryan Tannehill,.how was Favre year 2, Brady was average at best.

Like I said there is a level of suck that is very unlikely to come back from.

#230 cval, Aug 25, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Depending on the level of suck we should be very concerned. If he Improves it still does not mean he will not bust.

Very few Qbs are their best in year 2 I can only think of Marino and Mahomes. There are a lot of Qbs that bust after decent year 2 as well.

It is the hardest position in sports and it takes time to get even good.

Zach show signs that he has was it takes but he has far from proven it.

He has a few factors going for him that should give him a better chance of success. Same offense and OC, improved skill positions, improved line. Zach will better.

He has had a much better camp, looked in the Green and White and was playing really well I. Practice leading up to the injury game (remember the perfect practice) he throws one bad pass and this board goes off on he is bust.

The truth is we do not know if he is or isn't. You know what we may not know after this season either. We will know for sure if he is a top 10 potential QB after year 3 though.

Borat and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think Streveler will stick around. The team loves him and he brings a spark off the bench, even if his footwork is a total disaster.

It's not ideal to keep 3 QBs but we did it last season.

Mike White's 15 minutes are over.

Cman68 likes this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am not concerned about him being the best or even average. I just want to see enough growth that we can be optimistic about continued growth. Average would be amazing but that is a big leap. A top 20-25 QB (which I understand is a very subjective measure) would be our best QB play since 2008 by a longshot, excluding the Fitz year, and would provide hope for year 3. At this point staying healthy, playing more relaxed, better mechanics and getting the ball out faster and on time seems to be the priority and at least my measure of success. This offense is all about timing and getting timing right and the ball out on time is very challenging for young QBs. We have not had a year where our starting QB has not missed significant time since 2013. A healthy year for our QB is the first and most important step in his development.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I tried to put Streveler in when I was playing Madden 23 and he wasn't in the game. How can EA Sports disrespect a legend like that?

15. K'OB

They are gonna look so stooopid when he lifts the Vince Lombardi Trophy next January.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Make Streveler the starter and trade Wilson for a HAUL of draft picks. LOL

17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Streveler = Bryce Petty

18. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Joe Douglas was interviewed by Carton and Roberts today and they were asking him about Streveler and two things were said that I thought were telling ...

1. Prior to the Eagles pre-season game, Streveler had never even had a single rep in practice in a team drill, and
    2. Roberts flat out asked, "Does he even have a chance of sticking on this team? Because he's outplayed Mike White," and Douglas changed the subject and did not say yes.

This guy is gonna wind up on the practice squad.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Bryce Petty never won a preseason game. Or played on a CFL championship team. Mike "The Living Legend" White won one game against the Bengals and managed to get himself a HoF mention.

#239 Cman68, Aug 27, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Id hardly call him good, but you could see the talent.

Can Grande likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.