Chris Streveler

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenWhiteandGold, Aug 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

This board was still calling Allen a bust after year 2.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Brett Ratliff is enjoying this thread while drinking his morning coffee....

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'd settle for our 2nd overall DP QB to be in a preseason game for at least a half.. I'm not picky..

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Did Zack Wilson bang your mom? Or is this the whole I didn't like the pick so I'm going to call him a bust every chance I get kind of thing?

You called him a bust after 5 snaps in the GameDay thread, so I'll go with at minimum the latter.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Initially he faced ones and twos but he got a long look and played a lot. Hence he also played against their scrubs and didn't look good all game. Streveler outplayed him - no doubt about it. Even the pick, the ball did hit Mims in the hands, granted it was slightly deflected and between two guys, wasn't a great decision, but ... The offense finally moved with Streveler against the same Atlanta scrubs which White struggled with just a possession earlier. Whether that means something or not remains to be seen, but so far Streveler has been a pleasant surprise this preseason.

6. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

The starting QB position isn’t up for grabs. Zach’s the starter people need to understand this. ZW has thrown all of 5 passes against another team. One horrible INT for sure but 3 completetions, two were long 3rd down conversions. Nothing was proven or disproven with 5 pass attempts.

#166 LF911SC, Aug 23, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not even taking into account his rushing ability, he threw for 20 TDs and 9 INTs with a passer rating of 85.3. This board was delusional.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  8. Cman68

No.. this board at the time was overpopulated with homers who low rated any and everyone who wasn't wearing a Jets uniform. There are a few who still do that every year but to their credit, they've stopped playing the "real fan" bullshit song.

IDFjet, Nyjets4eva, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This is the minimum leap I am looking for from Zach. And it's not just that but looking the part too and staying on the field. Anything below that and his chances of becoming FQB will be quite small. Huge season coming up for Zach. I expect slower start in the first few games given he missed a lot of critical time, but he should pick up the steam as the season progresses and end it with overall at least Josh Allen 2nd year stats and looking the part.

REVISion, SOJAZ, cval and 4 others like this.
  10. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

spot on, baby

sayinhg how it was obvious Sam was the best QB in the division.

the talent eval around here is wack.

that said... proof is in the pudding. Zach needs to be better. way.

cval, Nyjets4eva and Cman68 like this.
  11. Cman68

He's gonna have to show us something this year instead of his million dollar smile and ancillary drama off the field.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Nother week, Nothings changes...the ONLY qb in NY doing anything rn...lmao

Cman68 and IDFjet like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You have a filthy and arrogant mouth Jack and I hope you get banned (Moderators please take a look at this garbage)

BTW sonny I was all in on BYU boy when he first arrived but a half season and poor preseason decision making are sowing a lot of doubt

You don't like it TOUGH

IDFjet likes this.
  14. JackBower

[​IMG]

By preseason, you mean the 5 snaps he had this year? You should probably look up what arrogant means since you keep on telling us you know he's a bust partially because you've seen him play 5 snaps in the preseason. You may be surprised, and learn something!

LF911SC and cval like this.
  15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

After those 5 passes his QBR was 34. But its not just his performance. Its still a question about if Zach has an NFL body. That was a big topic during the draft and a lot of his supports glazed it over. He needed surgery in high school, surgery in college, and now surgery in the NFL. Deep down most of us have serious questions if he can survive the season. That's why the 3rd string QB is suddenly a big deal.

azhar80 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Fuck that is a good point there, I forgot about all that

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

He also is woeful at looking off safeties and other defenders--this is QB'ing 101 in the NFL. I saw no improvement in this regard in his play in PS1.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. JackBower

Agreed. Anyone saying they know what Wilson is, or is going to be, is full of crap

ouchy likes this.
  19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well after the Tampa game last year, I thought we could quite possibility have a FQB. I haven't soured on ZW but he needs to prove it in games... I am not interested in the pre-season hype train. Lets see results... better stats, elevate the players around him and hopefully that will translate into more wins.

AS for Chris he has out played White, period and deservesto make the team or PS at the very least.

ouchy, ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

That was the smart stance at the time. 99% of QBs who play poorly their first 2 seasons don't end up improving to a meaningful degree. Writing a QB off after 2 bad seasons will almost always prove to be the correct decision. It doesn't stop generally being the correct decision because 1/100 guys buck the trend.

You can play the lotto and you'll win sometimes if you play long enough, that doesn't mean anyone should ever expect to win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.