Deja vu all over again…

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NJJets, Aug 13, 2022.

1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Fant played at a near elite level last year at LT. He’s always said he’s much better at LT and proved that very point. Duane Brown at 37 is likely not going to play as well as Fant last year, and that’s if he can stay healthy. Add to that the fact that Fant was pretty much a liability at RT and there’s no way you can spin it. Fant at LT and Moses are RT is far better than Brown at LT and Fant at RT. And yet again, we’re a likely injury away from seeing Fant at LT with Mitchell/Edoga at RT. All of this for 7m more and one less season.

It was incredibly poor planning all predicated with the arrogant and misguided assumption that Becton was actually going to be healthy. Even though Zach’s injury was non-contact, he was flushed out to run because Mitchell had his lunch handed to him. On Zach’s INT Mitchell was also getting blown up (though admittedly that had nothing to do with the int). My point is if Douglas knew Moses was gonna walk he needed to address it in the draft. Building a balanced team is useless without a QB, because there is no balance without a QB.

They need to be stacking our offense into a juggernaut to give Zach his best chance to get comfortable and find success. Again, if Sauce turns into a stud his first contract with us will have been wasted on 2 years of Zach plus however long it takes to develop Zach’s replacement. And given the attitude of the modern player there’s little to no chance he’ll re-sign with us if we suck due to not having a QB. What’s the point? I can stand losing 45-40 all the time with a prolific offense. What I can’t stand anymore is watching our QB’s getting blown up before he can even look downfield, and having no weapons for the rare times he does have time. With Fant at RT (or one of the backups) Zach will be running for his life.

Paying Moses, penciling him as the starter, and telling Becton to go out and earn his starting position on either side was the way to go. At worst we’d have had Moses, who would’ve probably been the best backup in the league.

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

How 'bout dem Giants! You fool no one.

cval and Noam like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

For a fan of another team to come in and put THIS much effort into trolling... you almost have to respect it. In a sad sort of way.

Acad23, Noam and bicketybam like this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Who do you want to start? Jones or Taylor?

5. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Ive been a die hard Jets fan since 1981. I have no idea how my feeling that JD has completely gaffed our OL makes me a Giants fan but you go ahead and think that buddy.

6. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I wanted Fan and Moses, and if Moses was gonna walk I wanted Ekwonu. A trio of Fant/Becton/Moses or Fant/Becton/Ekwonu is worlds better than Brown/Fant/Mitchell, and Sauce doesn’t make it less tolerable to take such a hit at OL imo. Sauce shutting down WR’s doesn’t matter if our O can’t consistently put 20 points on the board.

7. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

1) winning teams take BPA when drafting. Ties broken by need. Sauce was BPA. End of conversation. (which isn't to say the jets are a winning team...just that it was the right call)
    2) Fant came to the jets as a RT. He was always going to be better as a left tackle but he should be fine if he stays healthy
    3) brown at LT is a significant upgrade over moses anywhere
    4) your posts are low quality and poorly thought out. lurk moar. post less.

themorey, LAJet, cval and 1 other person like this.
  8. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

First of all you’re wrong. Fant was signed to be the LT, then we drafted Becton afterwards. This was proven by someone in a prior thread, someone posted the article you can take the time to find. Second of all, I have an opinion our OL has been weakened. I’m entitled to it, just like you’re entitled to be a childish asshole who can’t have a conversation without insults. If you don’t like my opinion, put me in ignore, otherwise kindly go fuck yourself.

#28 NJJets, Aug 16, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  9. Donttasemebro

4) your posts are low quality and poorly thought out. lurk moar.

Case in point.

Noam likes this.
  10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

So now that they signed Brown just like Moses last year and our GM rebuilt this whole team and we’re locked and loaded do you feel
    Like a bigger fool? You know that was a pre season game right? I would bet anything your a Met fan

Noam likes this.
  11. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

No, my point stands. Fant played LT at a very high level last year, that’s a fact. He’s also stated multiple times he feels most comfortable at LT and his desire has always been to play LT. He signed here to be out LT before we drafted Becton. Brown, at 37 years of age, is not as good as what Fant gave us last year. Fant is also not a very good RT, he never was. So now we have downgraded LT from Fant to Brown, and downgraded RT from Moses to Fant. Why is that so hard for people to comprehend? Or better yet, why do people assume I’m not a Jets fan because I feel this way? If JD knew he wasn’t bringing Moses back then he had to draft Ekwonu or Neal. Hell even if he was bringing back Moses he should’ve drafted one of them because bottom line we have no long term solution at either Tackle position at this point. I think Moses should’ve been named starter at RT, paid like a starter at RT (we’ve paid Brown more for 2 years than we would’ve had to pay Moses for 3), and Becton should’ve been told he’d have to come in and earn the starting job from either Fant or Moses. While you guys all want to insult me and make fun of me now, I guarantee you 4 games into the season you’re gonna be screaming about how our OL sucks, and I’ll remind you.

12. Donttasemebro

your persecution complex and overreaction to people who don't share your views are both tiresome and repellant. You must be a treat in person.

Noam and cval like this.
  13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I replied to someone who quoted me and asked what I felt now. Your insitence on being part of something that has nothing to do with you is tiresome and repellent. Go ahead and hit that block button if you don’t like me.