Better Call Saul on AMC

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JStokes, Feb 7, 2015.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I loved it. Can't wait for the final episodes.

REVISion and The Dark Knight like this.
  2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Thought the first half of this season was a little slow but that was a great final episode.

I'm really starting to dislike Jimmy and Kim. Lalo is clearly a bad guy but what a great and compelling character.

The Dark Knight and NYJalltheway like this.
  3. bicketybam

The whole series is seeing how Jimmy McGill turned into a Saul Goodman. You should be starting to not like him. He's a scumbag. I mean, I love the character because he's funny as fuck but he's a shitty human being.

Lalo needs a bullet in his head and I can't wait. Fuck that guy.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Just finished.

Thought the last 4 episodes were eh. Show finale was super meh. No way Saul takes 87 years over 7. Just not who his character is or has been for the entire show.

KingRoach and IDFjet like this.
  5. bicketybam

Totally disagree. Did you even watch the show?

6. dawinner127

No I’m just bumping a 3 month old thread for shits and giggles

7. bicketybam

Well besides the fact that it was universally lauded, what exactly is your issue? Saul was Saul until he realized that Kim turned herself in. At that point he finally decided to be a decent guy. I have no issues with the way it ended. Fucking great show.

8. REVISion

I thought the ending was very fitting for the show. A chaotic rollercoaster like the ending of Breaking Bad is awesome but it wouldn't have fit BCS. This ending was about as good as they could've ended it IMO. Bittersweet.

bicketybam likes this.
  9. dawinner127

I thought the show was incredible up until the last 3/4 episodes. I'm not saying it was bad whatsoever, just it wasn't as amazing as I thought it was previously.

I didn't like how it was always Slippin' Jimmie and always out for himself and then all of a sudden because Kim turned herself in and gave her statement he finally becomes a decent guy? It's like he randomly had an epiphany and said to himself he needed to change, Idk. I would have totally been fine with him somehow getting over and finishing on top like he always has in every scenario.

It was alright, nothing great, nothing awful. It was fine.

10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Stupid writers--same thing with final episode of Dexter--can't they write an ending that leaves the audience happy?

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

12. REVISion

The ending of Dexter was awful, like all-time bad. I don't know how that can be compared to BCS.

In the BB/BCS universes people generally get what they deserve based on their actions. Saul was a career criminal and general scumbag, it would've been surprising if he hadn't gone to prison for a long time. I think Kim was the only person who he cared about enough to compel him to finally change his ways at the very end, and he needed the pain of having lost her before to realize that.

bicketybam likes this.
  13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Good points--I think the Kim angle leads to him turning over a new leaf but I guess my issue regarding the BB/BCS justice idea is they usually don't kill themselves like Saul did.

I don't think tax evasion was any part of the sentencing although he had this load of diamonds. I think they could have written something along the lines that these diamonds supply enough wealth to start a pro-bono true law business, Kim actually joins the firm, there's a big picture of his brother in the office along with Howard and they live happily ever after, etc. It's corny but just as likely as the written ending and I think a feel-good story that leads to many future paths. Just my preference--

14. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Absolutely the worst ending of a TV show ever.

The “decent guy” argument is laughable. Kim made her choice to “come clean” and she was in no legal trouble. She could have been sued and lost all her future earnings… but she was living in mediocrity so what’s the point? All Jimmy did was deny Kim the option of ever getting back with him, confining her to an unhappy mediocre life.

Jimmy screwed Kim and he screwed the defense lawyer. At least that part of the show stayed consistent, anyone who trusts Jimmy gets fucked.

And why are they still after Pinkman? The man was working with the DEA and was kidnapped.