Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Chris Simms was talking him up quite a bit as well.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not much for embellishment, are you?

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I agree. Didn't he score a TD against Jags not running of bounds in similar situation? It was a non contact injury, it's not like he didn't run out of bounds and then got hammered. Going forward Zach has to understand his limitations. INT was brutal and should not have happened. The question is if this is correctable or not. I think it is. Zach will make some dumb mistakes. This is his second year. Josh Allen had some bad throws his second year too. We need to look at a bigger sample, which is why I really want him to play in regular season as soon as possible. We need to find out either way whether he is ascending or not. We don't have the answer yet, even though that preseason throw was pretty bad.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think the word Garrett is searching for is "touch".

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

DJ Montgomery appeared in 3 games total and for 2 of them you can count the snaps he got with your fingers
    Tariq Black was active for only 1 game all year and played sparingly in it

Daniel Brown was almost exclusively a special teams player. In his 12 active games last year he saw several games with 0,1, or 2 offensive snaps

Lets not act like Zach Wilson had to throw to those guys all year, that would just be dumb

Ralebird likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Tariq Black is much better than all of you. Smh.

KY Jets Fan and BrowningNagle like this.
  8. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

...and Joe Theismann

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Not at all.

Let's not act like Zach didn't have shit to throw to all year. All TEs sucked, not just Brown. Receivers had most drops in NFL and were injured for long stretches. Oh, he also threw to Mims and Smiths. #1 was Barrios a lot of times. There is no embellishment here, Tariq Black was the guy he met on the way to the game from tunnel.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

In Fairness Black and Montgomerey both had only one big game each in snap counts because of injuries. Jeff Smith had multiple big games. But, the star you missed was the Jets leading receiver last year in snaps played Keenen Cole. Oh and you are right Zach pretty much had no weapons all year. To start the year Moore and Carter were rookies coming off injury and not ready to contribute. By the time they got comfortable Zach was injured but when Zach came back both Moore and Carter got injured along with Davis. The same can be said for the OL.

Hopefully, we will not only suffer less injuries this year but have better quality backups.

#390 Noam, Aug 18, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

In a regular season game you risk more because there is reward.

Zach's not trying to win a job... his job is to keep his job.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This doesn't surprise me. I think Zach will learn to adjust, especially as he gets feedback from his receivers.

KY Jets Fan and Borat like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

He better learn fast. If he has another poor season, the chances of him becoming a good NFL quarterback go down dramatically.

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

As GW said, Flacco is a veteran and has a better understanding when to zip the ball and when to take off than a second year player. What surprised me what the honesty of GW, as sometimes WRs would not say anything that could be perceived as a slight at any of their QBs. I just think GW was asked a question and gave an honest answer. He mentioned something that to be frank is to be expected at this point in their careers. Zach has a lot to improve on, and I expect him to make a lot of improvements this year. If he doesn't, he is not the guy. I think he will though, and we need to find this out by him playing in regular season.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Agreed. If he hasn't taken at least a Josh Allen type of second year leap, and has a similar or even a little better season as last year, as much as I think he has talent, we need to start looking for a new QB.

16. StealthDefense

StealthDefense Active Member

Zack got hurt last season, came.back a better QB. Maybe this is his thing...lol. get hurt early so he can come back for the season relaxed and accurate.

I really want this kid to succeed. Not just because he is a Jet (98% because he is a Jet) but he is easy to root for. Seemed like he was getting use to being a leader. But, let's say Flacco lights it up, should he sit and watch till Flacco implodes? I know it's not likely. Ignore if someone mentioned this earlier.

Stealth

Nyjets4eva and Acad23 like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

Jets79 likes this.
  18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's pretty obvious: Brady Quinn is just jealous that Zach has that DAWG in him!

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson be like

[​IMG]

20. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Easy answer. Yes. The rest of the team shouldn't have to suffer because of one player. If they're winning, and it's not because the defense is simply playing lights out and carrying an anemic offense, then you keep rolling with the hot hand. This franchise needs to win now, and under this scenario, if they're winning now, then you keep rolling with it.

Ralebird and Nyjets4eva like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.