2022 Season Win Prediction Poll

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Borat, Aug 15, 2022.

?

2022 Regular Season Win Prediction

1. 10 or higher (Playoff Caliber?)

5.9%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

3.9%
  4. 7

23.5%
  5. 6

31.4%
  6. 5

19.6%
  7. 4 or below (Clean House?)

15.7%
  1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I have never been so down on this cursed Franchise

I don't see us buying a win at this point

Douglas and this entire CS will exposed as utter failures unless they at the very least keep us competitive in all 17games ie not down by 21 points by middle of 3rd qtr

I sure like the S Payton idea ...I mean why not ???

If Jaxsonville can recruit a decent Coach don't see why we cant

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I'm all for the Sean Payton idea as well, but then again, I think I'd rather put my hopes and dreams into more realistic scenarios, like buying a billion dollar lottery ticket.

As for this season, I have no idea. The Jets are going to suck... again. On the other hand, if Zach misses significant time, in the truest of true Jets fashion, I could also see old man Flacco leading them on a playoff push, with Zach coming back in the middle of the playoff push with the controversy over who to start hanging over the heads of the franchise the whole way, until they collapse in a blaze of absolute Jet glory in Week 18 with the team's first playoff berth in a decade-plus on the line.

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Payton would be a good hire if he was given control and allowed to hire a caddy GM. This would be similar to the Pete Carroll hire in Seattle. If you're going to turn a franchise around you need all oars pulling at the same pace and towards the same finish line. The benefits of having multiple perspectives in the room are valuable for a good team retooling after a successful run. They're almost non-existent for a bad team coming off a lost decade because there is so much to do and fighting about the details is the last thing you want to get into.

REVISion, HomeoftheJets and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I thought I was smoking some good shit.

FJF, NYJetsO12 and jets_fan like this.
  5. jets_fan

I don't really see it happening, but it would be a rather Jet-like thing to happen when we're sitting here with a young QB we spent a #2 pick on and need to find out if he's the real deal. While the analogies are certainly far from perfect, we did see something similar when Geno was knocked out and Fitzpatrick stepped in. Would be a case of only the Jets could make the playoffs and still have it be something of a wasted season because we still wouldn't know anything about the QB we drafted #2 overall a couple of years ago.

That said, in reality, they're not getting anywhere close to the playoffs. Six wins for this bunch would be an accomplishment, of sorts.

westiedog1 and JetsNation06 like this.
  6. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

All optimism evaporated in record time this season. 4 or less until I see SOMETHING improve. It's amazing how this team looks the same year after year after year.
    Still holding out hope our def isn't as bad as it looked against Philly.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. jets_fan

Mine evaporated long ago. A more accurate depiction would be that this joke of a franchise sucked it out of me.

We've seen promise before from this franchise only for it to figure out some way to crash and burn in spectacular fashion. The promise heading into this season is no different. The real reason to watch this season is to see what spectacularly funny moments this bunch can bring us. What new, totally unexpected ways can they come up with to blow games in the final moments that we haven't seen before. Surely someone has something in their back pocket to top Gregg Williams' all-out-blitz. :D.

I'm only half serious there, but the comedy has become a large part of the draw in recent years, and will continue to be until the Jets put actual results on the field. Until they prove to be a winner, I'm going to laugh at them like the laughingstocks this franchise has become over the past decade.

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Another season of “home improvement Sundays” backed by the sounds of games played by more competent football teams.

JetsNation06 and abyzmul like this.
  9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Team has better talent around Zach this year. If Wilson can show improvement then 7-8 wins is reasonable. If not then probably another 4 win season which would really suck. At that point I think the media/fans would have the pitchforks and knives out for Saleh, JD, and Wilson. Saleh would most likely take the fall since everyone feels JD had an excellent offseason. But at the end of the day teams are judged by wins and losses.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'll be off the Jersey coast loading up the freezer for winter.

Jets81 and Br4d like this.
  11. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I think we got 6 wins in us. I think there’s some kind of silver lining to Wilson and Becton getting injured.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

If Joe Flacco takes the reigns at QB this season I think the Jets could win a lot of games. There's a lot of talent on the team and what it needs most right now is solid play at the QB position. Of course that doesn't help the Jets in their long term QB search with Wilson on the sidelines, but I'm just sayin' this team can win right now with the right QB at the helm. Some would argue that if Wilson takes the next step it would be better, however, from what I saw against the Eagles, it doesn't look like he's taken it. So the choice is 1) another season of QB struggles with ZW or 2) a team that can be formidable and win now with the vet Flacco.

Nyjets4eva and jets_fan like this.
  13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I keep going back to a previous statement, "Wilson still looks like he's back in high school." I see NO maturity across the board. I'd have to agree about what some are saying about Flacco. With the talent on the team this has more of a late 90's feel with Testaverde. However, alas, the Jets never do what they "should" do. Wilson will come back in week 2 and the NY Jets will take 4 wins AND the under. This team has ALWAYS found a way to under achieve and I'm really very sick and tired of hiring useless coaches and front office people.

At this point I don't see us winning a division game. The difference in talent and how the organizations are run is night and day. If you can't get out of your own division there is no hope. I watched exactly ONE Jets game last year that wasn't on NFL Game Pass (so I can fast forward when I get thoroughly disgusted) At this point if there are 2 I watch fully I'll shock myself.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is probably the biggest reason the Jets under-achieve. The HC hires are almost always first time HC's from the coordinator ranks in the NFL. The Jets also hire guys who just got fired somewhere else, which is almost always a mistake because there's a reason they just got fired and they definitely need more time to reflect on it.

The GM's are always first time GM's and they tend to be guys who talk the talk but can't walk, period.

It's not clear why the Jets are so fond of newbies given the track record but it is possible that compensation and control are high on the list. Hiring new guys makes them indebted to the ownership and most of the time they are very cheap. Joe Douglas is not cheap and it is unclear why the Jets gave him such a good deal. The results are predictable given that he is under no economic pressure to win. He'll retire at the end of his Jets career, whenever that is, with no money worries at all and likely having spent a couple hundred million of the owners cash on misfit toys.

Brook!, Dierking and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. jets_fan

This is a big part of it, but also the fact that anybody who has done it before and is making the rounds for interviews again, are going to have options. And people who have options don't choose the Jets.

Br4d and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

After the draft I was as optimistic about this team as I've been in at least 20 years. Even though not taking a T at #4 was troubling, it indicated that maybe JD and CS had much better info about Becton and could count on him. Then OTAs came and no Becton and my "Spidey sense" started tingling. Then he got hurt - again! - and my "Spidey sense" was on fire. Added to my concern was Fant still recovering, and no good alternatives at that point, and shades of past years where the OL is a mess. TC reinforced this with reports of so many sacks and pressures being allowed. Yes, Zach looked improved, and the new "toys" looked good, but if Wilson doesn't have time to find them they're not much good. And then of course Zach gets hurt. The estimate of 2-4 weeks to me is P.R. to keep skeptical fans mollified. I think it's at least 4-6 weeks based upon my own knee surgery, and reports of many other pro athletes having similar injuries. If they rush him back to try to please the impatient fan base it would be a Jetsy thing to do, and a high probability of him getting hurt again, but worse.

Add all this up and I'm slipping back into my "dark sider" mentality, honed over 60 years. I'm even starting to reassess my unquestioning faith in Wilson, as getting hurt like he did in a P.S. game shows poor decision-making. I'm going with 6 wins, a change from my previous 6-8 wins, but won't be surprised if they don't reach that, but also can still see them exceeding it if many of the current questions are resolved. At this point I feel myself slipping away from this team that has given us fans very little reason to remain.

17. NYJetsO12

Absolutely true ..we need EXPERIENCE not someone who gains experience at NYJs expense

Do you remember the Flak I got from all sides when I was excited we had Mike McCarthy in the building??

We let a SB winning Coach leave for Dallas :/

(I am going to wait for all the gasps and Vilmas re post how McCarthy "would have been terrible" here) lol

Br4d likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

Yep ..this Team is like season after season of the worst indigestion heartburn and gas. Like making the greasiest version of sausage and peppers hahah

(and I like sausage and peppers) :)

But its also mea culpa time for me>>>totally fooled by Wilsons enthusiasm and maybe those long throws..sigh

Maybe a mad scientist can install Joe Fs brain into ZW's head ...you 6 wins CC? What teams can possibly be as bad ? Please tell my friend

19. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I went with 6 wins and if there's no additions, it doesn't matter which of the current Jets QBs starts.

A more interesting poll might be, "How many times will the Jets get blown out."

20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

With the o-line looking shaky again, I've dropped from my original 9 to 7, and I was thinking hard about 6.