Addition by subtraction?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets81, Aug 13, 2022.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think that’s the next logical step. The roster should be good enough next year for some journeyman to compete with . Sort of like the titans and tannehill only not in a horrible division so we’ll be competing for a wildcard

ColoradoContrails and abyzmul like this.
  2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I agree about this addition by subtraction theory in terms of this forum. We would all be better off if people would think before they post and post less.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We need to take a giant leap forward this year and become a winner. Forget the pipe dream opportunity to draft high yet again and land another QB. That is a looser mentality. Zach or no Zach this team needs to find his winning ways first and foremost. If there is no confidence in White or Flacco to hold the fort get someone else. Let Zach heal 100% before he re enters the field. Then let’s find out what we have. If that fails, we might consider trading for a proven commodity a la Denver unless a QB fall on our lap through the draft. Meantime, let all the other pieces jell and get this CS to prove they can compete and win against the league.

4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

subtract the jets from the greater NY area, agreed

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think he should sit this year out and become one with his clipboard. Team isn't going places this year anyway so why not let Flacco/White take the asskickin while putting on a QB clinic for ZW to HOPEFULLY learn from.

6. Cman68

and if the CS doesn't turn it around this year, they get to do this all over again in '23 and '24?

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

White? No thanks. He sucks.

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Sorry, but I can't go along with this. Zach needs to sink or swim when he's ready to play again. By the time he's ready, the OL will have had plenty of time to gel.

SOJAZ and Noam like this.
  9. Cman68

yeah but we both know he's gonna see the field at some point..

10. Cman68

His OJT curve isn't getting any flatter with him playing. Still makes the occasional great throw followed by the bonehead throw. He might be one of those who need to watch and learn first, then execute. Another year on the bench won't hurt ZW as his development seems to have plateaued anyway. Maybe Flacco can keep the season alive until Columbus Day.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don’t know about 24. No one will be safe by then if we didn’t turn it around starting this year.I think Saleh is safe for 2023, but some of his CS might be shuffled out if we only show marginal improvement. I think the talent base is currently good enough to take away many of the excuses of last year.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I believe Flacco is perfectly capable to lead this team. He is not going to be Brady, but maybe with the resurgence like Fitz was for us . Zach can learn much. Joe has plenty of good throwing left in the tank and he knows the ropes. And he might be armed with a damned good RB tandem for starters, plus some excellent TE and WRs he has not seen in years.

13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Its Lafleur he is an awful OC. Nothing will improve until he is gone.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

No mulligans... they have better talent. If the team fails to perform its on the CS. No excuses.

Cman68 likes this.
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Lafleur is probably just fine. The offense worked fairly well last season when the QB was doing what he asked them to do.

However that said it probably is a case where the Jets either get to have Lafleur and his system and find somebody to run it well or they can have Zach Wilson.

It definitely should be noted that it is the OC's fault if the offense fails because he is asking the QB to do something he's not very good at. Get the best out of your players is a mantra that every coach at every level lives with. Putting the system above the talent is just insane.

16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You're like a broken fucking record. Holy shit. You regurgitate the same shit over and over ad nauseam.