If Zach Wilson is out for…

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Aug 12, 2022.

?

Do you trade a mid round pick for Jimmy G?

1. Yes

37.0%
  2. No

63.0%
  1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Flacco is better than Jimmy G!

IDFjet likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I just watched the play again and it was brutal.
    Every time he dropped back he was staring at his receiver.

Gotta wonder about the coaching Zach is getting... or if he's just football dumb.

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

He’s an average football player with an excellent arm in non-game scenarios whose success is one college season in a sub-par conference. It’s foolish to expect anything more than he’s shown so far.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Shown so far?

He's 4-2 in the post-season and came close to winning a Super Bowl.

Again... show me a better qb that's available... 'cause that's what the argument is about.

And he knows the system. ;)

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

But the team on which he accomplished this traded up for a QB last year. There had to be a reason for that.

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

In other words, Joe vs the Volcano.

ouchy likes this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well there is that... :confused:

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I honestly was asking if a torn miniscus was preventable. He acted like it was with his first post. I don’t think it would be but I don’t even stay at holiday inn express so what do I know.

Noam and KingRoach like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The statement that was made that Zach adding 10 lbs. of muscle caused the injury is ridiculous.

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Thankfully this is a purely hypothetical now, but I agree: this team is not ready to make play-offs yet, unless maybe you get Mahomes like player. And the best chance we have to have anywhere near that level is for Zach to play and develop. This season was largely about development of Zach Wilson and finding out whether Wilson can be that guy. He doesn't have to be Mahomes this year, but a big step forward, and then full potential next year when the team is more mature, that's our realistic path to play offs. That's why when things looked bad with the injury, I was absolutely gutted.

Jimmy G may actually be better than Zach now, but we know what Jimmy is. He can help us maybe win what 7-8 games at the most? But he is not a long term answer. We would spend CAP space and picks to get him, and sacrifice part of the future. Winning the same 7-8 games while developing/evaluating Zach make sense. Giving up assets for Jimmy G to do the same doesn't. And if we start Joe, we can still develop other guys. I recall rookie Mims didn't complain when Joe was throwing to him. We probably end up winning maybe 6 games instead of 7-8 with Joe vs Jimmy if that. And that comes at the expense of assets. There is no point at all for Jimmy on this team, even if Zach were out for the season.

jets_fan likes this.
  11. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

fwiw... i think the 2021 class of QBs is gonna be like 2018... where Allen and Jackson are better than Darnold/Baker and Rosen who were the media darlings...

Trey Lance is gonna be better than TLaw Zach and Fields

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That's like blaming a blackboard for what's written in chalk.

13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Some people can be so silly.

KingRoach likes this.
  14. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

Nope Twitter is who writes on it. The people who use it make it what it is. Mostly a shithole.

KingRoach likes this.
  15. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I know hindsight is 20/20 but why even have him out there without either of your starting tackles? Not saying that caused the injury but really all they did was make everyone feel worse about ZW injury or no. Should've held him out

16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This. 100% this.

It's all a moot point now that we know that Wilson, thankfully, isn't out for the season, or even any real extended time. But even if he had been, there would be zero reason to make a trade for Jimmy G. Yes, he's taken a team to the Super Bowl and almost got a team there last year. Meanwhile, the guy we currently have as our backup has actually won a Super Bowl and been to the playoffs a pretty solid number of times. Yeah, it was a while ago, I get it, but he still did it, and from all accounts, he's having a hell of a training camp thus far.

Zach's the guy when healthy. That's the way it has to be for this team to, hopefully, finally begin moving forward towards digging itself out of the pit of despair it jumped feet-first into for the past decade-plus. But, in the event that Zach can't go, we're in good hands with Flacco. Or, we're at least in much better hands than we would be with Jimmy G.

Borat and hornblower like this.
  17. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Why have him play the pre-season at all? It’s just full of scrubs trying to make a name for themselves.

Why have him play the regular season at all? We have a playoff roster, we need Zach to be healthy when we make that push in the playoffs.

Fuck it, let’s keep him wrapped up until the Super Bowl, The NFC team won’t stand a chance.

Noam likes this.
  18. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: mk. Would he have played all 3 preseason games? Not likely. So no reason to play him in game without his tackles. Lots of starting QBs didn't play at all this week.

19. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The starting QBs that didn’t play (honest question, bc idk), we’re they 1st and 2nd year QBs or veteran QBs who have been leading the same team for years?

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

On what planet is Joe Flacco in his current form better than Jimmy G?