Hard Knocks: Detroit Lions

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ukjetsfan, Aug 12, 2022.

1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I thought it might be fun to have a thread for discussion of this season's Hard Knocks. I just started watching the first episode and my head is spinning from one of the most rambling, incoherent train wrecks of a speech I've ever heard from a head coach. Dan Campbell sounds like a complete idiot, mixing metaphors, jumping all over the place, not finishing thoughts. Not a great start!

#1 ukjetsfan, Aug 12, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    joe, JETFUEL1580 and KingRoach like this.
  2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I love the city so I’m pulling for them but it’s going to take a lot to turn that team around.

I didn’t know Dan had spent time under Sean Peyton so hopefully he surprises us.

3. ukjetsfan

Sorry! I meant Dan Campbell, not Dan Quinn!

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

1st episode was awesome, it could be the best season of Hard Knocks since the Rex Ryan Jets.

Dan Campbell is awesome but I am so jealous they have Aaron Glenn as DC. I hope he's the HC of our Jets someday. Maybe if it doesnt work out with Saleh, Glenn could be next. He is the type of leader this org needs

5. ukjetsfan

Campbell came over much better over the rest of the episode. And I agree about Aaron Glenn - he has a calmness about him, while still being serious and at times intense. I'll be interested to see how he comes across.

6. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Yeah I enjoyed the episode. If you enjoy things like this Amazon has a series called All or nothing that they do with football/soccer. This season it's with Arsenal. I actually think they do a better job with it than Hard Knocks.