Official 2022 Jets Training Camp

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How's it working out so far?

2. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Any interest in Eric Fisher at the OT?

(.......here comes Maximus.......).

Noam likes this.
  3. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

I do wonder how much of this is the OL trying to jell or if Zach is struggling to pick up the blitzers pre snap. It's obviously tough to know not seeing any of these updates live, but it is a thought that keeps popping into my head.

4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Remember the back and forth we had a couple weeks ago about whether injuries tend to lead to more injuries or not?

https://sny.tv/articles/mekhi-becton-out-for-year-jets-must-hope-it-doesn-t-derail-their-season

Sources told SNY that while Becton’s 2022 knee injury is unrelated to his 2021 injury, the belief is that the 2021 injury led to the 2022 injury. Combining that, with Becton’s history of struggles to stay in shape, makes this situation unfortunate.

Borat and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Hey Joe, when will you sign some help for the OL?

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Hughes talks about the OL struggles without Mechi today.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Calling his bookie to change his bet to the Under 5.5 Wins this year.

8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Well we went from 29th to 11th in PFF’s Final OL rankings from 2020 to 2021, so I would say pretty good.

Wouldn’t you?

PJ4Ever and CotcheryFan like this.
  9. Ralebird

Yep. Generalities that have nothing to do with individual cases. Are you trying to tell us that a chipped bone is somehow related to anything else Becton has had?

Seems to me that you put way too much credence in anonymous "sources", especially those that contradict themselves in a single sentence. "Unrelated" but it "led to"? Gimme a break! Sounds like the Rube Goldberg School of Medicine.

KingRoach likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Not at all. Statistical improvements do not determine a better team unless the statistic is in the W - L column.

11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

again, actually we HAVE seen this movie before. He missed what, six games in his rookie year to injury? And of the games he started, he didn’t finish several of them again because of injury. So yeah, we HAVE actually seen that he’s missed more games than he’s played in two years.

we’ve certainly seen enough to say hey, maybe we should have a plan B in case this guy who’s missed more games than he’s finished gets hurt again. And by the way, we’ve also seen that he hasn’t really been all that diligent in his rehab and in staying in shape. For sure, we never heard stories like we heard about Adrian Petersen being a rehab warrior. And shocker, he was not in shape for OTAs. I’m not seeing the made up stories there. He missed a lot of games. The second year was an unfortunate freak accident with someone rolling up on him…could’ve happened to anyone. Not his fault.

but I think there was definitely enough there to warrant serious concern. Having a solid plan B would have been a reasonable position to take.

That’s my point and that’s what frustrates me. JD should have anticipated the very real possibility that Becton would not make it through 17 games. I had no idea he wouldn’t even make it to one. And I’m not sure about anyone else, but I’m guessing not too many people expect him back this year. We’ve seen THAT movie before.

I’m just frustrated that we’re left scrambling in the eleventh hour to get a solid starter when we really should have addressed this earlier…personally I wanted a tackle at 4 instead of a corner, but that ship has sailed. I’m hoping JD signs Brown as I think he’s probably the best free agent option out there but maybe he swings a trade instead…fingers crossed but we need help here like yesterday

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yes they do.

REVISion likes this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Coincidence then? Could have been anyone, based on pure luck? Or maybe Becton was a higher risk after all based on injury history?

REVISion likes this.
  14. Ralebird

If a guy missing games is always the same story, then you're both correct. I don't look at it that way without there being a relationship between the injuries. That hasn't happened.

Of course there should be a Plan B and probably a Plan C as well but that should be for every guy who ever will hit the field. I see guys here lamenting the Jets did not pick Wirfs, as if he's got some red kryptonite in his socks and cannot get hurt.

If you didn't see any made up stories here you must have never read that Becton's injury in game one last year was a 4 - 6 or 8 week injury. You must have missed those guys making claims about his weight for a year and fitting throw away comments into any schedule they had in mind. You must have missed the guy yesterday who decided his current weight was 380 without an ounce of support.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  15. Ralebird

We're both entitled to our opinions - mine uses the same system the NFL does in awarding the Championship trophy.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ralebird and REVISion like this.
  17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah I think that was whoever said it covering the organization's ass. Don't need another Osemele situation on our hands.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the guys who doubted Becton, were worried about another injury, and wanted another tackle in the 1st round turned out to be right. It's pretty illogical to debate that now.

ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  19. Ralebird

My comments were about what was written here without support. I voiced no opinion about what positions needed to be filled in the draft or free agency.

KingRoach and Mogriffjr like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You should have been a defensive back.

You've got the smoothest backpedal I've ever seen...

KWJetsFan likes this.