Becton moved to IL.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jul 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I’m with you on this one…there were PLENTY of reasons to be concerned about Becton….the nagging injuries in his first year, missing an entire season for something that by most accounts I heard would not have been a season ending injury for most players, the questionable work ethic….plenty of legitimate reasons to doubt his ability to stay on the field for 17 games…and shocker of shockers, looks like he will miss most or all of this season.

call it bad luck, call it being just too big, whatever it is, it sucks. I’m just disappointed that we let Moses go and we passed on 3 great OT prospects in Ik, Neal and Cross…I get the thinking and hopefully Sauce will become Revis 2.0, but not addressing OT in the draft until a developmental pick in the 4th is not looking so great now, and it wasn’t like it’s out of the blue…it was a legitimate concern then and more so now.

Lets see what JD will do…maybe Brown, maybe a trade, we’ll see, but we can’t go into the season with McDermott or Edoga as our starting RT…ugh…we face some top pass rushers in our first four games with Baltimore, Miles Garrett, TJ Watt, Hendrickson… that’s a tough sled…

REVISion, ouchy, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Regarding the opinions of Becton's recovery. It seemed like at the end of last season and leading up to the draft everyone had serious questions about his ability to recover and stay healthy. Then after the draft, when we didn't take a top tackle, a lot of people switched to, "he's going to fine - probably a beast". Maybe because that is how the coaches were acting but none of it made good sense. Even casual fans could tell his situation seemed problematic.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I would go further and argue that he didn't show up to camp in shape. He had dropped some weight, but he was clearly not fit by any stretch of the imagination.

REVISion and cval like this.
  4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

mentally i have moved on

he'll not have an NFL career

i just dont see it

Lon Chaney likes this.
  5. ukjetsfan

Also, the new name of this thread made me think he'd been switched to guard.

Lon Chaney and REVISion like this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Sounded like he showed up in camp in very good shape. The coaches seemed very happy with him. Rather than go home after OTAs he stayed in NJ worked out at the facility everyday for the 40 days left prior to camp and left a very positive impression with the CS despite only being medically cleared in May. The new Athletic reporter said he was dominating in the run game. He stayed out there practicing full reps on extremely hot days. I don't see anyone calling Fant out of shape because he has been taking a lot less reps than Becton. Even known Becton hater Cimini wrote an article yesterday talking about the great work Becton had been doing and how hard he was working.

The argument can be made here is that again he was overdoing it and playing through pain and maybe he needs to learn to take it easier. We can see he has been having knee discomfort, had been hobbling, limping, in pain but kept practicing. The question is how much damage did he do by continuing to practice through pain? He may have aggravated the injury from last year which may have never fully healed and this might explain why his injury lasted from September to May.

#106 Noam, Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    Ralebird likes this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Tune into Twitter for for the ongoing story of Mehki.

10. ukjetsfan

"it’s also funny how they couldn’t wait until something bad happened"

Well, they didn't have to wait long, did they?

REVISion likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, Becton will have plenty time between diaper changes to tweet till his heart's content. Good thing he got his money upfront so realistically, he doesn't have to come back at all.

13. Losmeister

too fat

busssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst

Wirfs? Nah.

14. Losmeister

I was waiting for something GOOD to happen... year 3 still waiting...

nuthn against the kid. seems like a nice fella.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Too many Becton threads really. Let’s continue on the INJURED Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.