Jets catch a break with Browns

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CaptainCap, Aug 1, 2022.

1. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

Browns QB Watson is going to be suspended for the first 6 games. Jets are playing them on September 16.

IDFjet likes this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Ya, I get the whole "we catch a break!!!" but at the same time I'm patiently waiting for our team to grow beyond needing to catch a break to have any chance.

I would prefer to play the Browns when both teams are at full strength and beat their asses straight up!

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

They did not catch a break. He was never playing in week 2 no matter what.

JETFUEL1580, joe, FJF and 2 others like this.
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I consider the Jets first two road games to be winnable - more winnable than the first two homes games. I know the Jets have a rotten history in Pittsburgh but does anything about the Steelers really jump out at you?

Nyjets4eva and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, the Pats fans were really disappointed when their team was winning conference and league championships against shorthanded teams. They got more breaks in the first decade of this millennium and any team has a right to get.

Fuck it.

MoWilkBeast, Brook!, FJF and 2 others like this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

When we talk about a Jets team catching a break by playing a team at the right time the 2006 team is the poster child for that. We caught so many breaks that year with startting QBs and playing teams at the right time. Off the top of the head we started the season against the Titans after they traded for Kerry Collins less than a week before the game, we played the Dolphins with two new QBs playing after injuries one was the legendary Cleo Lemon's 1st start. We played the Pats after the bye week after Belllicheck made the rare mistake of insulting Magini rallying a Jets teams that hated Mangini's guts to suddenly being united behind him under the theory that he might be an asshole but he is our asshole and only we can insult him. We played a competitive Raiders team after they decided their season was over and deicded to give up. I recall there were 3 or 4 other really fortunate circumstances that year. Maybe we used up a decade or two of luck in 2006.

Jets81, JETFUEL1580 and KingRoach like this.
  7. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Is there some historical equivalent for what is happening in terms of the money Watson is making vs. his outstanding legal situation?

Are people buying Watson gear in Cleveland?

Am I the only person who thinks that Watson was the sexiest man in the NFL three years ago, and now he looks like undead Michael Jackson in the Thriller video?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#7 twown, Aug 1, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  8. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

Last year we faced a substitute QB. Anyone remember Gardner Minshew w/the Eagles. Not good.

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

With the schedule they have, I'll take a "break"

10. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, anything that can help the Jets get something out of that tough start to the season is welcome.

mrjet80 and Noam like this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

To summarize. Jets beat Browns = 1/2 a win. Jets lose to Browns = fire everyone.

12. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Myles Garrett and Nick Chubb still playing?

azhar80 likes this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Browns game still won’t be a gimme. They have a very good roster. It certainly helps to play against Jacoby Brissett instead of Deshaun Watson though.

REVISion and mrjet80 like this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don’t see it as catching a break. There no breaks in this game Worst thing in the world is to go in thinking we have an edge. We need to go in confident no matter who we play and where.

bicketybam likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A word of caution about counting chickens - if the NFL appeals this penalty (to itself) and the penalty is increased by Goodell or his designated appellate decision maker to a level unacceptable to Watson I would expect the league to be sued in federal court. In that event it would be almost routine for Watson to ask the court to put any suspension on hold until the case is heard. It could take months for a court to even decide if they will hear the case; in the meantime an injunction putting the suspension on hold could be expected.

The league has three days to submit, in writing, any appeal they choose to initiate and Watson would have only two days to respond to that before Goodell or his designee get the case. There does not appear to be any timetable on when such an appeal must be decided.

#15 Ralebird, Aug 1, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Could very well end up more than 6 games if Goodell doesn't want the same blowback the league received after Ray Rice's initially short suspension. .. as for Watson and his ballwashing boy groupies - DIAF

17. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I won't feel good until this game is over. Myles Garrett is a dirty player and worried he will intentionally hurt Wilson.

REVISion likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe somebody will hurt him first.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I feel like I've seen this movie too many times. Star Quarterback is out. Backup quarterback then proceeds to absolutely torch us.
    I really hope it's different this year.