Official 2022 Jets Training Camp

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 17, 2022.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ok well that felt like a waste of time

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Welcome to the internet

3. BrowningNagle

I guess, it just seemed kinda strange.

One guy said Flacco isn’t a good mentor, and you disagreed with him, I think, but you also don’t have anything to suggest he’s wrong and ultimately acknowledged he could be right

ouchy likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I don't think he is even that good, maybe Josh McCown 0.5

Lon Chaney likes this.
  5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

There is evidence of Flacco being a good mentor. Here are some things off the top of my head.

1. ZW has talked about how helpful Flacco has been to him in at least 3 interviews in the last year. ZW has talked about how he pesters Flacco with non stop questions and how he has taught him to prepare for games and focus less on what the defense is doing and more on his keys. In other words stop trying to do too much.
    2. Flacco in numerous interviews the last year has talked about how many questions Zach asks and his thirst to know everything.
    3. JD went out of his way to bring Flacco back.
    4. Zach has talked about how much he learns watching Flacco run the offense.
    5. Flacco attended Zachs passing camp.
    6. Saleh has talked about the relationship in a positive way a few times. I can't recall specifics but my recollection is they were favorable towards Flacco being a positive influence.

#325 Noam, Aug 1, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    azhar80, Mogriffjr, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I was questioning why he suggested he was a “weak” mentor as opposed as claiming he was a good one. I was wondering if any new information had surfaced.

I left a more detailed response to Ralebird as to why I believe Flacco’s previous quotes aren’t applicable. ICYMI when Flacco has been in a position to be a starter ala Ravens and Eagles, he’s stated his job is to play football. When Flacco was on a team with a young locked-in starter ala Sam and the Jets, he’s commented being accepting to the mentor roll.

As far as his quality of mentorship, the only thing I’ve heard was Flacco telling Zach he needs to take some zip off the ball on his short passes that were breaking receiver’s hands.

Edit: Noam’s post is way better

7. BrowningNagle

I personally think Flacco, like most vets, will say anything to stay in the show, so his personal comments mean nothing to me.

Attending Zach Wilson's party doesn't say much of anything either, I don't think that was a work excursion.

Flacco is here because Woody Johnson loves him. Standard practice with the 53-man roster would be having Mike White as the sole backup, considering he played at a higher level on the field and he's got an actual future. But the owner is the boss so...

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I also think signing him was a Woody move. It was a panic move and completely out of character for Joe Douglas. If they liked him so much they wouldn't have let him go to Philly and then had to give up draft capital during a rebuild to get him back.

REVISion and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Flacco is a JD guy. JD scouted him and was a big part of why Baltimore drafted him. JD tried very hard to resign Flacco in 2021 but he decided to go to Philly where he thought he had a better chance of playing.

10. abyzmul

Source?

11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Google it. If you have paid attention to the Jets the last few years you will have heard Hughes on his podcasts talking about it and other beat writers. It is not a secret that JD tried to resign Flaccoin 2021. It is pretty well documented. Nor is it a secret that Flacco has been a JD guy his entire career. That is readily available to anyone who pays attention.

If you are really that lazy I will look it up for you. Let me know. But google is not that hard.

Edit: Going under the assumption you are exceptionally lazy I googled it for you and here was the 1st link. Not very hard.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/...-joe-flacco-before-he-signed-with-the-eagles/

Hughes has given much more detailed information if you have followed his podcasts. I know he can be annoying but he kicks out out a lot of nuggets on his podcasts. Hopefully he will do the same at his new job.

#331 Noam, Aug 1, 2022
    bicketybam, KingRoach and cval like this.
  12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

People really do talk out of their a**. Nothing you said is a secret and is very well documented. People just have their own reality and agenda and anything going against that agenda must be false.

Mogriffjr, KingRoach and Noam like this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I think the problem is most of these people do not read about the Jets or watch podcasts. 80-95% of the crap a lot of these posters say they would know is wrong if they actually paid attention to the Jets and read articles. In a sense it is an ignorance and laziness problem that we see throughout our entire society magnified and reflected in the posts we see on this board by a very loud, vocal, angry and opinionated segment. I know a lot of people do not like NC as he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. But, NC was right when he said he was tired of being disagreed by people that do no work, no research, do not read and just make up opinions. I under his frustration dealing with people that just make stuff up making their own reality without ever actually doing the work of becoming an educated Jets fan by reading, watching and listening about the Jets. It is very hard to have an conversation or exchange information with lazy ignorant people that make up their own facts.

#333 Noam, Aug 1, 2022
    KingRoach and cval like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

Lets not forget that Joe Flacco was traded for on a Monday, but couldn't get his sorry ass to the facility until Friday last year, which is the whole reason Mike White got that start against the Bengals

A general manager is never okay with that

--

Had Flacco shown up on time though, the Jets would've had 3 wins last season instead of 4 and the no.2 overall pick in the draft btw. We'd be talking Aiden Hutchinson right now

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Connor Hughes "Zach Wilson with a gorgeous touchdown. A 70-yard touchdown to Elijah Moore that easily traveled 50-plus in air. His best throw of summer. Not close."

16. abyzmul

I'm not reading "tried like hell to keep him." I'm reading "had an eye on him." And it's from your favorite guy, Rich Cimini, who you personally have disregarded over and over again for having an agenda.

Talk about ignorant.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree with you and CVAL 100% on this point. IMO You can hardly watch an interview with any player without hearing how they pick the brain of the vets, share techniques and learn from each other. Especially with the rooks. It goes on all the time. That is the best kind of mentoring and goes on everywhere. Most players and coaches worth a damn have been doing this since times memorial. And the mentoring is not just about football by the way but outside of football as well. There might be a subset of players that don't want to be bothered at all, alla Aaron Rodgers, but that is the exception, not the rule. I see it more and more than ever with the Jets now under the good leadership of JD and is a testament of the type of players he brings in.
    As to Joe Flacco, unless you are blind and deaf I don't think he has done anything to indicate he is nothing but a team member, and supporter of the young guns. I think some people are searching for something to bitch about no matter what the case might be.

KingRoach and Noam like this.
  18. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

ah TGG...always at least one slap fight happening somewhere

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Just to be clear Flacco was not eligible to join the Jets until 5 days after the trade under covid 2021 protocols unvaxxed had to wait 5 days before they could join a new team. so if he was traded on a monday he was not eligible under league rules in 2021 to join the team until friday. shockingly, some people will out of ignorance not know that he was forced to sit for 5 days then make up a BS argument to suit their previous BS unsupported argument. Once again the problem with American society and this board is ignorant uneducated people that do not read and attempt to inform themselves and instead just make up shit.

#339 Noam, Aug 1, 2022
  20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Flacco was always a JD guy. He was a big reason the Ravens drafted him. He wanted to keep Flacco, Flacco wanted to start and thought he had a better chance in Philly. JD was heavily criticized for not having a veteran QB on the roster last season. When it was evident Flacco was not going to see the field in Philly with Zach struggling and hurt they brought him back. It was not Woody it was all JD. It was an admission that he made a mistake that he thought he could get away with by having Knapp on staff. He was wrong.

ColoradoContrails likes this.