Jets Sign Kwon Alexander

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Jul 28, 2022.

1. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Awesome signing, hope he can stay healthy.

2. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

This post sure is something lmao

Mogriffjr, KingRoach and abyzmul like this.
  3. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Duplicate

4. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Solid move, not a special player but a consistent contributor who will help shore up the weakest position group on the team.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This is a terrific signing and a very underrated move at that. I am pretty sure JD didn't break the bank here, and yet we have a starting caliber player at our weakest position. Love it. Out of all 3 guys that visited - Larry Ogunjobi, Riley Reiff, and Kwon, I really think Kwon can help the most.

Larry would be definitely nice to have, but our D line is already super deep, where we are probably going to have to release a good player or two. Larry would make our strong unit a bit stronger, but he is not addressing position of weakness. Reiff to me is very overrated. He got paid 12 mil by the Bears, and the guy stunk last year. Burrow was a tackling dummy with Reiff protecting him. I guess I wouldn't mind the depth, but if we actually had to rely on Reiff to protect Zach, I am scared shitless. I wanted a good Tackle to back up injury prone Fant and Becton, not Reiff. Backup tackle is still a weakness, but Reiff, who is by the way turning 34 this year and may get even worse than terrible last year, is not the answer.

Kwon is 27, turning 28, in his prime, had a pro bowl season a few seasons back, and even last year he was a good player on good defense. Played in 12 games, started 8, had 50 tackles, 3.5 sacks, a pick. He also comes at the position of the single biggest need on the team. Injury is a concern for him, but we are getting him on the cheap, and even if he can give 12 games like last year with similar production, it well worth it. Overall, considering we invested financial and draft capital in other positions, to get a guy of this caliber on the cheap this late in the game is absolute gem for the Jets.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

JD is the man.

KingRoach likes this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Quick excerpt from the article above.

"New York seems ultra-high on Williams’s potential. It is clear that Williams will be getting an opportunity to prove he can be a long-term cornerstone for the franchise. In the meantime, Alexander will likely eat up sub-package snaps and provide viable competition for the youngsters.

Alexander’s presence is a significant floor-raiser for the Jets in the event that Williams sputters this year. If Williams gets off to a slow start, the Jets can turn to a guy they can trust in Alexander. They are no longer forced to either ride out the storm with Williams or turn to a youngster who might not be ready. Alexander can take the reigns in the starting lineup if Williams is a liability early in the year."

#27 KY Jets Fan, Jul 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

who is Harris?

I can't help but feel we missed a big opportunity by passing on Nakobe Dean btw

Burnz likes this.
  10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Marcell Harris, Jets signed him back in FA.

In the mold of Hamsah and Sherwood. Converted S who they think can fill in at the WILL spot.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Wow can't believe they got him at that price. Phenomenal work by JD. Basically a no-risk signing with a high ceiling

14. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I liked Dean a lot and was hoping they would draft him, but the only possible place they could've drafted him was at 69 - which they used to move up and get Johnson. Unless you wanted him at 36 over Hall which I would definitely disagree with.

Borat likes this.
  15. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I love JD, really hope he’s here forever

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You can't hit on them all. Dean was a tough one, since he was considered a blue chip talent, but medicals were a concern, so the guys we got ahead of him (JJ and Hall) who are also blue chip talent but without medical issues, where clearly ahead. The next pick we had was 20 spots later after he went. We would have to make yet another trade, while already giving up quite a few assets to get JJ and Hall. Hence, yes, it would have been great to get him, but the opportunity was really not there for the Jets.

Also, let's see what happens to his injuries: one thing Jets did this year is spent premium assets on players without injury history, given what happened last year. LB is a non premium position, and with Kwon signing I feel much better about it, even without Dean. Granted Kwon is not without injury history himself, but for 1 mil, this is an absolute slam dunk.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

He’s been really really good on trades, contracts, and the last two drafts look pretty damn good as well…best GM we’ve had in a long time and is helping to wash off the stink of idiots like Mac and Idzik

18. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

Turnin' turnin' turnin'

Our roster's still concernin'

Keep them scrubs a-churnin'

[​IMG]

abyzmul likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well this sounds good

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'll need to get the stink of 6 - 27 out of my nose before canonizing anyone.