Your excitement level for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 24, 2022.

?

Jets win total for 2022 season

Poll closed Sep 18, 2022.
  1. Above 5.5 Games

83.9%
  2. Below 5.5 Games

16.1%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Last year in May, I started a thread asking folks how they felt about 2021 season. Just finished reading it and boy oh boy how wrong I was.

If interested to read, here is the link to 2021 edition of this topic.

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/your-excitement-level-for-2021.95813/

Now it is July, I didn't renew my season tickets and my final decision is not to renew them until I see a winning season from Jets. Will stubhub games and probably go to 5-6 games as always.

That said, I am genuinely excited for 2022. You might ask, why are you still excited after your 2021 excitement turned out to be bust. I don't know. Maybe it is the great 2022 draft, maybe it is the hope Zach is giving me after working his ass off during offseason, maybe it is the Free Agents we brought in.

This time, I will add a Poll to see and document how everyone felt about the season. And my gauge will be Vegas's win line which is set at 5.5 games. Picking above 5.5 games won't make you an optimist but against the brutal schedule, it will show you are at least positive regarding the upcoming season.

That said, please vote and tell us why your excitement is high or low. :)

This thread will be revived after the season to see how right or wrong we were :)

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am super pumped up for the 2022 New York Jets! Definitely over 5.5 wins for me. My goal is to be competing for a playoff spot in January. I think the Jets can do it. 2023 they will be really tough to play, but the 2022 team won't be easy for opponents either.

cval likes this.
  3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I’ve gone on the record in other threads saying I think the Jets are going to really turn things around this year so I think going better than 5.5 wins is very doable.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I do not think Zach Wilson is going to be the guy.
    Which means we are looking at a 5 or 6 win season at best.

The line is 5.5 for a reason, the odds makers are pretty spot on a lot more than they are way off.

5. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

why not? Because on one year with bad weapons and Oline play? It was Darnold your guy? Just curious

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I said above 5.5 because that includes bad years like 6-11 and 7-10, and I do think that those are more likely than 5-12 or 4-13.

Even with that, I certainly wouldn't put the over/under any higher than 6.5 or 7, so "being excited" seems an overstatement. I am interested to see by how much they improve, but I won't get "excited" until it's reasonably clear that they will be playing meaningful games in the second half of November, even taking into account the tough early schedule. If they're 2-7 at the bye but Wilson is playing well, I will be happy about what that could mean for the future, but sure won't be excited about the present.

Edit: I see I didn't post in last year's thread. I probably should have let discretion be the better part of valor and not do so this year, but what the hell. I think anything between 5-12 and 10-7 wouldn't be shocking, but the Jets fan in me still can't dismiss the possibility of 3-14 completely.

#6 statjeff22, Jul 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    PJ4Ever, cval, nycarl and 1 other person like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

6 or 7 games is where I have them peaking. If Saleh takes over defensive play calling before mid season, and Zach shows some poise, maybe higher. I have seen tough looking schedules turn into creampuffs with a bad draw of injuries.

There's a lot more to be hopeful about than there was last season. It feels like a much more complete team, though it still has a bunch of holes.

8. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Definitely high excitement because it’s obviously different. In years past, I’d hate the moves but still try and justify them.

- Sanchez’s college coach said he wasn’t ready for the pros but maybe the staff knows something we don’t.

-Darnold had 1 good year and I’m unimpressed but he looks like he’s best on the run and with this OL, he’ll be doing some running.

While many jets fans were mad we didn’t resign Robbie Anderson, I loved the move.

While many fans were against the idea of drafting a corner at 4, I’d been pushing for Sauce for a while.

While many fans were against drafting a top RB with a premium pick, I’d been pushing it for a while (granted I was thinking Walker)

Point being, I feel especially invested in this regime and this team because I believe in this regime and this team.

Hopefully if the team can prove they’re no longer the SOJ and the fans will stop being the traumatized SOJF.

ukjetsfan, azhar80 and Noam like this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

A ton of question marks exist for the team, so I can't say I'm excited. If Zach takes a year 2 leap, Saleh shows growth as a HC, and they're playing meaningful games after Halloween, I will be moderately excited. I say moderately because I want to go into a season thinking we're capable of winning it all and we're not there yet.

I'll go with a tad over 5.5 now.

10. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

I think the Jets will win 8 or more games. Last year we won only 4 games but that doesn't tell the whole story because two of those wins were against two good playoff teams with the Bengals almost winning the superbowl. Not to be forgotten the game against the Bucs which we lost at the very end. And we played very well against those three teams in spite of all the injuries.

This year, add the one year experience of the coaching staff and Zach, the huge upgrades at TE, CB, DE, RB, WR,OL and that is why I think we can win nine games.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Too many new moving parts for me to get "excited" about '22. Curiosity as to how the team meshes and the performance on the field is where I'm at. If they win more than 6 games? great. If they don't? Not surprised. No playoffs, no superbowl. I'm looking for signs of improvement ON THE FIELD which will require improvement on the sidelines as well.

statjeff22, cval and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  12. Stills1

Stills1 New Member

Guardedly optimistic on a above 500 season. Nine wins are quite doable

ukjetsfan and Brook! like this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think 6 or 7 wins is doable and that is about where my expectations are +/- 1 game in either direction.

There is also a very good chance we are significantly more competitive in every game, but our record barely improves because of how tough the schedule is. There is good chance that our record is going to be determined on how many division games we win so go win 3 games in the division and 7 wins is very obtainable.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Below 5.5 but my excitement is not based on wins. We have a young core I'm excited to watch. I just want to see progress really. Go . 500 in September/October, beat the Patriots, compete in games from the start.

15. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I'm one of the most negative posters the internet Jets boards have seen. For the most part I don't have any friends because of it. But those people of the past that drew my ire are all gone. Being a POSITIVE poster is such a new concept for me. I believe in what JD is building whereas I never believed in anyone other than Rex Ryan (from a coaching aspect) before.

Just count me on the bandwagon . I very much do believe they will win MORE than the Vegas line of 5.5. Personally, I believe they'll go something like 8-9. There's too much talent for this team not to, at some point, get there act together. Staying healthy is the biggest responsibility of the team obviously....

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Our strength of schedule is ranked 17th, which is in the bottom half of the league. Yet its trotted out on this forum like its top 5.

Ralebird, KingRoach and ukjetsfan like this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I think 6 is the number, so I voted slightly over.

With how much more complete our team is than last year, I think 3 more wins is somewhat likely. Wilson played about as badly as a starting QB can play last year, so even an underwhelming improvement from him should net us another couple wins.

Our offense is honestly kind of stacked other than at QB and OT. Two legitimate RBs, 3-4 legitimate WRs, 2-3 legitimate TEs. If Wilson makes even a decent leap we have a real chance to actually be good on offense.

Sauce/JJ will help our defense a lot but the defense is still a wildcard to me given how bad it was last year.

Best case scenario this year is we turn into a shootout team where we can't stop anyone but you need to score in the mid-high 20s to beat us and we're a threat for backdoor wins because of Wilson's arm and our deep threats in Moore and Wilson.

From a macro-perspective, we're coming off of two straight offseasons where our front office largely did the right things in FA and the draft. That's pretty rare for us, and I'm interested in seeing the dividends of finally having a consistent, smart process for building a team.

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am very excited for the season but I do not expect more than 5 wins. This season is about developing players and becoming competitive. I can forsee a season where the Jets are a vastly improved team but still end up winning 2 to 4 games sort of like the lions were last year. The schedule is no joke. We are underdogs or heavy underdogs the 1st 11 or 12 games. I just don't see where the wins come from. There are a handful of winnable games but I think it is very optimistic to think we win all of them and get to 5 wins. 3 to 4 wins seems realistic, The real test is are we still in games come the second, third and fourth quarter. Just being able to stay in games would be a huge improvement. Normally it taakes a team while to learn to how to win. They go from awful to competitive with few wins to before making the next step to becoming a winning team.

The best example of this is the 1977 team. After the best draft in franchise history the Jets posted their third staright 3-11 season but the 1977 Jets were no joke or pushover. The wins came the next year in 1978 when we went 8-8.

20. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

my excitement level is a 3/10

Ralebird likes this.