CBS Sports: Jets are the 3rd most improved team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 5, 2022.

1. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

The Jets are much improved if they stay healthy. I'm most encouraged by the potential of a potent run game. Hall and Carter should be a nice 1-2 punch, especially if the line can gel. I suspect we will try and use the run game to limit Zach's tendencies to play hero ball. When teams start stacking the box, I think we have the talent on the outside and in the seams now to make the defense pay. That's the key
    If we can do that and limit the big play on defense, the Jets may be a 8-9 win team.
    Hopefully lots of close games

stinkyB likes this.
  3. Early 80's

Early 80's Active Member

Bottom line. The team has improved with Free Agency and NFL draft talent added to the team. RB+WR+TE+OL(barely)+DE+CB.

The teams' improvement on the field will rest with the improvement of Zach Wilson. He struggled as a rookie with a poor supporting cast. If HE improves, the team will improve.

4. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yeah. Trade Zach for a haul of picks. LOL

FJF likes this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This article was the wildest thing I've ever read.

They have us starting 2-2 and then going 1-12 down the stretch with losses to Chicago, Detroit, JAX, and @Seattle. If we come out of our first 4 games with a 2-2 record, I could easily see us winning 7-8 games this season.

Jets79 and cval like this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

We started off 2-5 and improved to 3-5 after a loss to NE.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

On paper we have Talent ..and have improved on that this Draft and Offseason

So for me the real question is how does the Coaching Staff use or misuse these players

So do all of you trust Saleh Ulbricht and LaFleur??

Game planning Halftime adjustments play calling on Defense and Offense is crucial

The Jets are not a Team that can just " win on their own"..cmon now

#27 NYJetsO12, Jul 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    Cman68, JETFUEL1580 and KingRoach like this.
  8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

That's a really Good question. We should Know more this Year.

KingRoach likes this.
  9. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Agreed!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Prove it on the field

Ralebird and Cman68 like this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Really just to echo what has been said already many times….

i think personnel and depth is definitely getting better…tempered a bit by the fact that a good part of that is from rookies who’ll have to carry forward their college success to the NFL at key positions for us with G Wilson, Sauce, and JJ…history shows not all first rounders pan out so if all three actually deliver as hoped that’d be an almost unusual case. Also, injuries can’t be as bad as last year where we lost our best pass rusher, our top LT, our two top WR, two starting S, etc

and especially so, Zach HAS to be better. A LOT better. He can’t be the worst rated QB in the league. I’d like to see him in the top half of the rankings, but no lower than 20….if he continues to rank too low then I’d start looking for a replacement rather than waiting and hoping it clicks for him….like Bill Walsh said, with a QB you’ll know after about 20-25 games if he’s got it or not…

and finally, I DO think that we may be very much improved but the record may not as much…the AFC is STACKED, and our schedule is BRUTAL. We play three teams that we historically have SUCKED against in Pitt, Balt, and Den. I don’t care who’s playing QB in Pitt we just never beat them…the last time was with Curtis Martin I think. Same with Balt…we never beat them and I don’t think I’m going out on a limb by saying we have no answer for Lamar Jackson. Same with Den…another team that we can never seem to beat. Just a tough road this year all around….Buff is Buff, Miami is improved, Belichick hasn’t lost to us in forever since Bart Scott and Co. so just a lot of rough games on tap this year.

if we get to 7-9 wins and look competitive in the losses I’d say that’s like the best outcome I can see right now. You never know as each season is it’s own beast and surprises do happen, but if I were betting on this team, I’d probably land at like 6-7 wins tops.