It’s not politics, it’s history

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KingRoach, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Poeman and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

So Whitmer cruises to victory unopposed?

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

JackBower and FJF like this.
  5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

While this is fucked up, the biggest issues with local state politics is Gerrymandering. It's insane that not only is it legal, it's accepted practice. Time consuming can't be a reason not to do things right, and it should be federally illegal and common sense lines should be drawn country wide.

This is not ok.

[​IMG]

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Krassner's prosecutorial 'hands off' quote was in reference to ILLEGAL gun ownership, so are you suggesting that espousing more stringent gun control and a more lassi-faire attitude towards ILLEGAL gun ownership run hand in hand? . Hardly.

What is it about the English language that continues to escape you Blower, you emotional simpleton?

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t want to say the data is wrong because it sounds right, but the data kept on gun violence has always been shotty at best to my knowledge and very unofficial. That’s always been by design from the NRA lobbyists.

While I disagree with the decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, that decision is the absolute least of this countries worries. Or it should be.

We have the worst prices at the pump in the countries history and our President is shipping millions of barrels of oil over seas as an example of the retardation in Washington.

Acad23 and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The president of the United States is now in charge of shipping oil? Oh, gas prices are down recently, not near as much as crude oil prices though. Someone should look into that, especially if that is the utmost problem we are facing.

9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I asked you if there’s another quote bc the previous one doesn’t represent what you claim it does. Again, if there is another quote or longer quote where he says they won’t be investigating or prosecuting illegal gun crimes, I’d love to see it.

Do you always ask stupid questions and then answer them too? You do. Wow that was fun, I can see why you do it!!!!

Arresting and prosecuting street dealers hasn’t put a dent in the war on drugs. You seem to think that means police won’t be arresting street dealers and the state wont be prosecuting them.

Ps. You don’t have to find me a better quote. It doesn’t exist. I’m sorry you don’t agree with 18 months worth of research that was done but I’m sure your “gut” and your impeccable reading comprehension helped you in your own extensive study on crime in Philly.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/phila...ort-city-council-20220127.html?outputType=amp

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's not the "utmost problem"... that's far above your comprehension level... but it is a problem.

The US Is Depleting Its Strategic Petroleum Reserve Faster Than It Looks
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...ategic-petroleum-reserve-faster-than-it-looks

11. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

You do know that US refineries (99%)aren’t equipped to refine US oil, right?

You do know that gas is the highest it’s been all around the globe, right?

Im sure it was accidental but I got a chuckle out of “data kept on gun violence has always been shotty

12. Ralebird

Are you somehow of the mindset that linking one man's opinion of the oil reserves situation answers any of the questions I raised?

It appears you do not comprehend those questions yet have decided to make bogus questions about my comprehension level? Perhaps you'd spare yourself some embarrassment by dealing with the subject at hand rather than attempting to cast aspersions.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You can't even tell when someone agrees (at least partially) with you.

So kindly get bent...

14. Ralebird

Odd, I've never had anyone agree with me by questioning my comprehension level. Perhaps this discussion is better confined to the thread you opened entitled "Putin's Price Hike" even though it says nothing of the sort.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You don't know the average voter all that well right now. People on the right and left are burrowed into your fox holes and unable to see what's actually happening.

Clarence Thomas didn't just get Roe V. Wade overturned he immediately started blathering about a bunch of other decisions that he thought were wrongfully decided and how the SC needed to overturn them also.

That's why the wrong way numbers shot up 20 points over night. The SC is there to be a stabilizing force that supports the rule of law, not a runaway bull in a china shop.

KingRoach and papapump like this.
  16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The important thing to remember is that Cipollone is the President's attorney, not Donald Trump's attorney. He's there to protect the Office of the Presidency.

I do not know what information he is privy too but I am going to guess that Trump was not sophisticated enough in the heat of the moment to make that distinction.

That means that if the Committee asks the right questions they're going to get some mind-blowing answers.

KingRoach and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I hope his testimony is a bit more damning than "he grabbed the steering wheel"...

Still wanna see Trump in leg irons though... anything less will disappoint after all the cost & effort of this hearing.

19. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

No leg iron cheers from me. I would prefer an outcome like the movie, Trading Places. The grifter bastard needs to be broke.

KingRoach likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

C'mon... he can always pawn off his gold toilets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.