Robert Saleh on Rich Eisen Show

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 20, 2022.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if I’m reading this correctly. Are you suggesting that you have knowledge about Saleh’s prep work?

Most people use the “surface level” stuff to judge bc we don’t have access to the inner workings of the franchise.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So if nothing else he’s passed the background check and isn’t a registered sex offender.

Championship!

abyzmul likes this.
  3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I don't know how good the prep work could be when the result of it is the worst defense in franchise history and multiple huge blowout losses, one to our biggest rival.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I interviewed a sex offender about a month ago. Searched his name him during the interview and even saw the arrest report on a local news show. He was interviewing from a supply closet. A fucking supply closet.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It was really pitiful.

A moderate jump in offensive capability won't be enough to overcome another poor defensive showing.

REVISion likes this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I don't think they look anything alike. Do you have any sort of empirical evidence that says they look alike?

KingRoach likes this.
  7. KingRoach

I’m so proud of you right now. It must have been hard to admit “I don’t know”. It’s way healthier to admit you don’t know then to speculate poorly.

8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

You know it's possible to not have every post overflowing with snark, right?

cval and Acad23 like this.
  9. KingRoach

It’s quicker and easier. Plus I doubt any real answer is going to change anyones view.

Here is a real response to your post implying Saleh is unprepared has doesn’t have a strategic mind.

We have no idea how Saleh is as a strategizer.

Remember the TB game where ZW went in for the sneak and was stopped short? Saleh was initially blasted for making a bad call but it came out later ZW made a bad read and the coaches were livid as the ball was supposed to go to a wide open Berrios.

We have no idea how many much smaller instances there are of a young player on a young team making the wrong read. None.

What we do know is the players love Saleh and he’s studied under some of the better football minds in the game today. It would be surprising if the likes of Pete Carroll and Shanahan kept on a coach who didn’t prepare feverishly for games.

We don’t really know how that translates yet just like we don’t really know if he’s good at managing strategic decisions within a game.

We’ll find out more this year but 16 games with an incredibly young roster playing a new system is not a reasonable sample size.

cval and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  10. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Perfectly stated thank you. One season with a young team, (QB especially) is not enough time to determine what he is as a coach. Yes their were some games were this team looked ill prepared at the beginning, but I also saw a team that put up a few pretty good fights as well and beat some pretty good teams (Titans, Bengals) in the process. This team is young and inexperienced. I believe personally that Saleh will grow from last year and it will be noticeable this upcoming season. Mistakes as you mentioned with Wilson and other players will happen as well. Part of the game and I can accept that. Still Saleh needs time, and people are underestimating players love and respect for him.

Look at Urban Meyer last year. Players openly mocking him in practice, his coaching staff hating his guts, laughing stock in the media, and that would have been our head coach had we had the number #1 pick and took Lawrence. That would have been a typical Jets hire per say and following Gase none the less YIKES!!!