Three Preseason Trade Candidates on the New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Jul 1, 2022.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think you have the wrong Bryce. I’d say Hall is bigger trade candidate than Huff. The way they rotate the d line I’m not sure they’d be willing. To get rid of anyone they feel could be productive. The corn room however is becoming a little crowded and Hall is a starter in this league.

boozer32 likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't think that many teams will value Bryce Hall high enough to make him a good trade candidate at this point. Plus, I'm not in that much of a hurry to deplete our corner depth so soon. Let's see how they play first.

An embarrassment of riches in an area where we have struggled for a decade is not a bad thing. Although if we can get a starting caliber run stopper for Hall then I might change my mind.

boozer32, Jets79 and Brook! like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’d be awesome to get something for Mims or Huff, but I can’t imagine anyone would give anything up for either one.

Mims is a bust who can’t get on the field despite being on a team with bad receiving corps and Huff is the equivalent of Frankie Luvu.

White might have some value because of the QB premium (6th/7th rounder?) but he’s still a quarterback that’s started nearly as many games as all of us in the NFL. He’s more valuable to us than a possible 6th round special teams gunner in the 2024 draft.

5. MaximusD163

I get it but the Jets are 5 deep at edge before you hit Huff, while they are 2 deep at boundary corner before you hit Hall. There really isn't a spot for Huff on the final 53 I think

6. MaximusD163

It will largely depend on preseason performances for all involved

7. MaximusD163

I think teams would be interested in Hall, but I agree that I don't want to immediately empty out depth at the position. It's nice to have experienced players on the bench.

abyzmul likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I absolutely will not trade Hall. Lets not jump the gun here on a guy that can be a superb back up if not a starter under the right circumstances. Depth at the position is crucial

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

As far as Mims is concerned, lets see how he does in training camp, the health of the WRS corps, and were he will be ranked in the depth chart after training camp to make a decision. Trading him now, at the lowest point, seems to me the worst possible time. If he shines in training camp and the CS is happy with the corps without him so be it. If he shines, he migh either be kept or traded for value. If he doesn't, he might not make the cut or traded for peanuts, not a happy scenario

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I would wait till someone comes calling about Bryce Hall. Don't try to trade him. A team will want him, then we will get better value. If not Just keep him for depth.

FJF, themorey and SOJAZ like this.
  11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would keep both Hall & Huff. We have no idea how any of these rookies will pan out. Both are pretty good at their positions and the one who could be in trouble is Echols.