Deshaun Watson Traded to Browns

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Br4d, Feb 20, 2022.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

One cannot bargain away one's rights in the employment process. While the fourteenth amendment may guarantee the right to due process in public courts of law the concept is maintained in civil proceedings.

Any player's ability to work is certainly limited by the NFL as it is the primary employer within the industry at the compensation level in question and has salary guidelines and requirements. It is true that a player could get a job bagging groceries but not at an equivalent salary or with the same benefits. The NFL controls the market for professional football players in the United States. Preventing a player from receiving payment guaranteed in his contract is the equivalent of depriving him of that salary particularly in light of the short career expectation of an NFL player.

Goodell, as NFL commissioner, or his designee brings the charges against any player and acts to prove the charges the NFL has made against any player. By any stretch of the definition, the commissioner carries the role of prosecutor.

3. Ralebird

I could not care in the slightest how ignorant you believe I am. I know how to read for content and how to properly quote someone. Where is your acceptance that you have misquoted me? Man up - it's what adults do.

I'll ask again, just in case you missed it - aren't you the guy who claimed an NFL player cannot sue the league and, as proof, linked to a story about Tom Brady suing the NFL? Ignorant indeed!

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol I wasn't even the one who you claim misquoted you. way to prove yourself wrong once again. OMG you can't make this shit up. You can't even get out of your own way of making yourself look bad.

5. Ralebird

Certainly more than one poster here has misquoted me. (If you were not one of them I thank you and apologize.)

And are you saying you're not the guy who claimed players can't sue the NFL?

6. GasedAndConfused

I won't respond until you stop mis-quoting me ;) you are being too much of a hypocrite right now.

7. Ralebird

When have I ever misquoted you? I already apologized for making an unsupported allegation but feel free to keep dodging your claim that players can't sue the NFL.

8. GasedAndConfused

literally the last post and this one. you are just completely lost dude, I think your mind is broken

9. Ralebird

It appears you have no idea what a quotation is. No wonder you are "literally" confused. Is English a second language for you?

10. GasedAndConfused

thanks for taking the bait :) you know someone is completely lost and outmatched mentally when they have to correct grammar, which is what I wanted you to do next. mentally small people are so predictable :)

11. Ralebird

I wrote nothing at all about grammar. You are truly lost.

12. GasedAndConfused

hmm sure your still trying to wrap your head around everything but got so clueless you can't follow and conversation. I applaud you though. it's hard being you every day. you are so brave.

13. Ralebird

Would you care to rewrite that in understandable English? Where did I correct grammar as you stated above? It's tough to follow your comments when they have no basis in fact.

14. GasedAndConfused

nah i'll just let your head keeepz spinnings

15. Ralebird

So, what is your native language?

16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Again, Ralebird tried to throw cold water on the propect of Watson missing game 2 against the Jets. In order to do that he needed to take a position that Watson would probably sue. Once that was challenged he dug in deep and here we are. Guy doesn't know when to cut his losses. Worst poster on this forum bar none.

GasedAndConfused and Acad23 like this.
  17. Ralebird

Again, BamBam gets it wrong - I have never put out a forecast of what punishment will be imposed, if any, on Deshaun Watson.

My interest here is not as limited, nor as selfish, as those who want to make the Watson story about the New York Jets but has always been one of curiosity about the law and how it is interpreted, what it can do, and what it can't. I use "the law" here to represent not just what happens in an actual court of law but also within situations of non-judicial punishment as the CBA and PCP of the NFL dictate.

For anyone interested in how the case will actually be decided and how that may very well not be consistent with what they consider "public opinion" Mike Florio addressed the situation today on his podcast. While I do not agree with everything he opines upon, we are substantially on the same page and he has focused on some of the very points I have given my opinion on here. For those who disagree with me, understand that you are also largely disagreeing with a guy who has spent a couple of decades practicing labor law - a fact I did not know about Florio until tonight.

The video included is about an hour long and the Watson case is in the first 21 minutes. It looks like we should expect more detail from Florio this weekend.

Friday’s PFTOT looks closely at the next steps in the Deshaun Watson case (yahoo.com)

18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I've already quoted exactly what you wrote. I'm not doing it for the 3rd time. You are an arrogant nearly 80 year old bastard. You fucked up trying to be a pick and you just won't let it go. I'm done with you.

19. Ralebird

Repeating your bullshit does not make it any more correct. I have never forecasted Watson's punishment, if any. That can be verified by anyone capable of reading and understanding the English language.

So you climbed a tree and can't get down? Tough crap, sonny.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

#320 joe, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022