Bengals Tried to Steal Jets’ Big-Money Free Agent

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Jun 19, 2022.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I’m sure a lot goes into a FAs decision including money, positional utilization, and culture.

We have plenty of money.

“Everybody eats” is the phrase the DL loves and both Conklin and CJ seem to think we’re going to run a lot of 12 personnel.

We’ve built the culture, it’s time to show its a winning culture.

2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I like the term you use snowball effect, because that's what is happening...last year it was Cory Davis & Carl Lawson, 2 big names, this year it was Reed, Whitehead, Tomlison, Ushama, Conklin. JD has brought in a good mix of FA veterans without losing the youth on the team. Winning makes a difference but players can also see potential & direction that a team is heading. Also a favorable coaching staff matters & I believe players like playing for Saleh, that was a reason Reed & Tomlison said they signed. You also need a favorable scheme that players want to play in, & thats what Ushama & Conklin said that drew them here. There is definitely a new vibe in Jetland & it's getting better each year.

#62 BudJet, Jun 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Totally agree with your post BUD! My hope is that the Jest put together a a very competitive season 9-8 or 10-7..maybe squeak into the post season with a strong rung game and defense.

If that happens, I think you'll see us attract Vets in their late 20's & Early 30's looking to win a championship.
    Look at the Bills and Von Miller, Jamison Crowder, Duke Johnson ect...Depth and locker room is super important when making a run in the playoffs.