Has JD vastly improved the Jets since taking over?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 21, 2022.

?

Do the Jets have a better roster now than 3 years ago?

1. Yes

58 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Too Early To Tell

25 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. I Hate The Jets

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I think when he arrived we were certainly trending downwards having moved on from the last veterans of the Rexy AFCCG era into years of complete talent dearth.

He's added some nice pieces and I think we're trending up but ultimately it's going to come down to whether Zach can operate around a top 10 level for him to make the leap from just some random guy to actual GM of note.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

My comment
    Was replied to with this
    And followed up with
    If you think we will in fact use more 2 TE sets, you have a funny way of expressing it.

It’s hard to judge how one reads… but most 5 year olds write in one long paragraph without any flow or separation of thoughts.

Try some spacing, editing, and better content. It’ll make it more fun for the reader. :rolleyes:

#122 KingRoach, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

you need context. the argument was that 12 would be our base and used more then 11. My only argument in the whole thing is no way we will use 12 personnel more then 11 personnel and that only one team did that (fins) and that every other team was under 30% so a WR3 is more important then a TE2 due to the personnel groupings. somehow because maybe you were too drunk or depressed to see straight you twisted me quoting saleh in one thread into saying it was my thoughts in another thread weeks later so I really live rent free in your head but hey if my life was that shitty maybe i'd be thinking more about random people on the internet too. Anyway I do hope you get your shit together and join the rest of the productive adults on the forum who act normal

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You guys need to quit calling other peoples reading/comprehension skills into question.

Just call them 'dumbasses' and be done with it...

Noam and GasedAndConfused like this.
  5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

I hate the Jets
    Yes

6. KingRoach

I never made the claim they would use it more than any other personnel. Never said. Never implied.

I made a simple comment, you disagreed. I’m over it. I’m sure you are too.

I believe the Jets are going to run more 12 personnel and I believe JFM will line up more on the inside than the outside. I am currently unclear on your stance on the former and believe you disagree on the latter.

It’ll be a fun season regardless of what direction they go.

ps. I was serious on the spacing and editing suggestions. You often make good points, make your posts better for the reader

7. GasedAndConfused

it's a forum not a college essay. you have to be a loser to give a damn about proper grammar. I don't really care about it.

you can't just say "more" there has to be a baseline. you also weren't the only one in the discussion. they main debate point between the 4-5 people was whether we'd be running a majority of 12 making a 2nd TE more important or a majority of 11 making the 3rd WR more important. that was the whole point. I said we'd run more 11 others said more 12. I listed the NFL averages that only 1 team ran more 12 and that was the fins. everyone else was under 30%. not to mention about a dozen of those teams are from the same tree as our OC. Now could we somehow break the norm? sure it's possible but unlikely nothing is definite and there isn't much to talk about in the offseason. You decided to jump in saying i was contradicting myself when I didn't then posted me quoting saleh and claiming i said it because you read it wrong and refused to see otherwise. I know your situation and not trying to be a dick but no reason for you to be a dick here. you can troll people on reddit if you want but just be chill here. not that hard

8. toddhershkowitz

toddhershkowitz Active Member

YES
    and it's not even close

9. KingRoach

No… it wasn’t in a conversation with 4-5 other people talking about TEs…. Not one bit. Not in that thread. Not at all. Both of us will be thrilled if you show me I’m wrong, but that’s not going to happen. I’d be thrilled if you said “my bad, I completely mistook your comment and in return I completely mis represented my position”, but that’s not going to happen either :(

Better spacing isn’t a question of grammar. If you were told that while writing your college essays, you should get a refund.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Zack should jump from the bottom, 32nd overall, to somewhere in the low 20's. 20th overall would be fair, and a huge jump.

I picked a 1/3 jump this season due to next year, when our rookie class including Garrett Wilson and Bryce Hall will have a full year under their young belts and will be entering year 2. This will allow them to be more helpful to Zack, who will be entering his 3rd season. If all works well, Zack would move from 20th overall to low teens next season.

After that, as our offense matures, Zack could puncture the top 10. I don't see any huge jumps in his future. Rather steady year over year growth, always getting a bit better.

Nyjets4eva and KingRoach like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

ditto.
    but if you'd like i'd glady put you on blast for your "situation" for someone so smart and with great grammar like you, you can't seem to keep a job or put down a bottle huh? you need less time trolling forums and more time actually being an adult and getting your shit together, but hey not gonna tell you how to live your life.

12. KingRoach

So let me get this straight. I make a comment about wanting to use more 12 personnel.

There were 0 people talking about TE use in that thread, despite you claiming otherwise.

You reply to me, as if multiple people were talking about using 12 personnel more than any other. Which there wasn’t.

And expect me to know about these imaginary conversations and somehow know what you “really meant” by your comment.

You know 0 about my “situation” so I’m not sure how you can put me on “blast”. Hint: alcohol is my least favorite drug and I’m self employed. I’m doing well enough where I’m literally giving away tickets in the club section to Jets games.

But let’s get back to your apology. There were 0 people talking about excessive TE use in the thread we were in. Idk how you expect me to use “context clues” when the context was all in your head.

13. GasedAndConfused

sure bud, whatever helps you sleep at night :)

14. KingRoach

If anyone was talking about excessive TE use, you’d have posted their comment by now. It never happened. Facts and history are not on your side.

I know denying the truth is en vogue rn so you do you.

15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Bryce Hall is a rookie this year? Who was the player impersonating him in 2020 and 2021?

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

nah not worth my time ;) since you wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you in the face so pretty happy you say what you say

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Bryce Breece... what's the diff...

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Breece and Bryce swapped jerseys. Maybe you missed it?

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Now I know about it. Thank you.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Michael Carter