It’s not politics, it’s history

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KingRoach, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So just sticking to the Roe decision your very Conservative view is something you are entitled to Blue..does this represent what the vast majority of citizens feel?? Not sure..especially after a recent Poll showed the SC has a 20 % approval rating..FTMR is more like a minority religious view that is being shoved down our throats by a small group of Judges (That's Authoritarianism!)

And who are you to decide what is "morally correct" ? That's seems more Orwellian and Fascist frankly

And as Christians where does it say in the Holy book " life begins at conception" ???For myself I also read about compassion, forgiveness, and loving kindness to anyone who has made a mistake or who is the victim of rape or incest

#381 NYJetsO12, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Ralebird likes this.
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I’ve never once in my life said abortion should be illegal; my position is clearly on the fact that Roe vs Wade was a bad ruling and overturning it was the correct call. It’s a state issue not a federal issue. The SC’s job isn’t to make laws, so their popularity is irrelevant. All that matters is they make the logically correct rulings, and if we use the public outcry about this ruling as a barometer of the polling results, they don’t seem to grasp that so their disapproval is a result of their own ignorance. Wanting abortions to be legalized is not what this ruling was actually addressing — that is s decision of the legislature. The Supreme Court was simply ruling whether the legal reasoning of Roe vs Wade proved it was a federally protected right. It didn’t.

your claim that morals are fascist or Orwellian is so extreme I don’t think it deserves a retort. Sorry. I believe there is a right and wrong and killing is wrong.

I’m repeating myself from earlier in this thread, but removing any religious concept of the spirit, soul, consciousness or free will from human beings and you are left with a naturalist position that those elements are nothing but natural chemical and biological reactions whose complexities are so great we can’t predict them and it’s that lack of being able to predict it that leads to the illusion of those things. Thus the non-religious naturalist position is life starts at conception and simply grows from there from its less complex form to its more complex form, because that’s how things simply grow in the universe, including the universe itself.

to dispute that you would have to argue when some non-provable aspect of a person gets injected into the natural physical body that is separate from the body, and that is when the physical mass becomes a person. Is that the position you are taking? That sounds like a very religious position to me.

#382 JetBlue, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

All of those recent justices testified that it was a settled matter and they wouldn't repeal Roe v. Wade. They lied to Congress and the American people

They also can choose what they want to rule on, they chose a matter than was already decided upon 50 years ago ahead of more relevant, pressing matters. The court is a joke

NYJetsO12 and Ralebird like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Only one thing for it, time to break out the prayer rugs. Allahu akbar!

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

A high school football coach was firee because after the game he would go to the middle of the field and say a prayer. He didn't lead any students in prayer.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He led students in prayer for sure, as students would go with him to the middle of the field and pray with him. He wasn't forcing anyone to pray with him, but if you're looking for a starting spot, maybe you should play it safe and join him...

stinkyB, NYJetsO12, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The lord can’t hear you unless you pray on the fifty yard line. Everyone knows this.

stinkyB, Cman68 and JetBlue like this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

9. BrowningNagle

That's the next case they will rule on. Abortion, prayer in schools and the rights of the Dallas Cowboys star

10. NYJetsO12

Ok thanks for clarifying ...so abortion can be banned or approved by states ? Well ok

You were the one who in an earlier post injected you ideas about morality ...not me. And So that makes you the expert at morals? And a woman has to think twice "about killing" ? You talk about the " naturalist position ..free from religious overtones " that life begins and grows "like the universe" But in the end and in your moral view you are still against "killing" ...so if your State approves Abortion you would still be outraged and accept the Law I guess

But is a zygot , a single cell organism ..a child?? This is believing conception is the start of life whereas in previous posts I outlined what we currently believe Legally >>> there's is a timeline from conception to a living viable fetus

I would consider myself more spiritual than religious ..and if you are Religious JetBlue that's fine. I think we disagree who and what are being "killed"

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The woman I know are all pro-gun...

They threatened to shoot all white male cisgender men that fabricate stories for clout on the internet.

FJF likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

Back to the topic of the thread

The Jan 6 committee is unexpectedly holding new hearings tomorrow. Originally they were supposed to be off until mid July but today they announced they will meet tomorrow afternoon

NYJetsO12 and KingRoach like this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Just to lighten things up a bit....

14. NYJetsO12

You hang around with Annie Oakley Chief? Figures

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Stop being so dopey...

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I believe I understand and applaud the concept of morality; whether I’m an expert in it is irrelevant. And I’m not forcing it into society, it’s exists here and now. I simply support it.

the genetic code of an independent, individual human life is created at fertilization. All human biology textbooks assert this, it is a scientific declaration not my opinion. That is a human life, simply at its most simple form which is how nature creates.

there is no scientific dispute to this position. A child or adult is simply a term applied to the stage of development the life is in, not what dictates if it is a human life. That’s why the Supreme Court concocted the ludicrous viability standard (which was not its job to do in the process of the ruling) and avoided the argument some people attempt to make of trying to argue it’s not a life, because the science does not support that position.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hey NYJetsO12.... is this your gal pal?

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

That’s strange… only white males? What about other males that vote conservative? If they are against abortion it’s ok, because not being white cancels it out?

19. NYJetsO12

Sorry not sure what you are saying here at all .:

. " the SCOTuS concocted the the viability standard ...to avoid the the attempted arguement trying to make it's not a life?" Huh?

If human life is created at fertilization..the 9 states that immediately made all abortion illegal most definitely agree with you...and all told there will be 25 states with Anti Abortion Laws

And the other 25 states that allow abortion up to 15 weeks ???...and it may take a woman close to 3 months to know she is pregnant...must just be supporting that ludicrous viability standard

Well at least I have an idea which State you prefer to live in ..unless Mastriano wins it can't be PA

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That playing field belongs to the people; not just those people who find it acceptable to mix a person's right to worship as he sees fit, but all the people. I can't wait until a Wiccan coach gathers his minions and prays on a public field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.