Bengals Tried to Steal Jets’ Big-Money Free Agent

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Jun 19, 2022.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Amen to this post. 100% spot on.

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good questions.
    Well, there is no better source to validate your question than the fans that watched every one of his snaps. Bengal fans and players alike hated the signing with a passion and their TE room surely didn’t improve as a result , so there is that. They lost a key asset.This was a great, much needed addition for the Jets at excellent value as many here have pointed out. Most TGG fans wanted that badly . Couple that with our other signings and one couldn’t watch the NFL network or ESPN or any other sport venue during the first wave of free agency without hearing how spot on free agency was for the Jets.
    Hope this year we can put to bed some of the past history and stop throwing mud at every free agency signing. JD is light years ahead of his predecessors. History be damned.

3. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Glad him and Conklin and ZW were @ Tight End University..Antone surprised Ruckert wasn’t there? I didn’t think his injury was severe enough to keep him out + even if it was, that’s time not only with some teammates, but watching and picking brains of the best TE’s in the league he missed.

4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Why you guys continually engage with these 2 posters is beyond me.

Noam, LAJet and BroadwayAaron like this.
  5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

They didn't sign Tony Gonzalez they signed two solid pros and drafted another to sure up an area of need. I don't see the downside.

KingRoach likes this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The difference this year is that they didn't put all of their eggs in one basket, which mitigates the risks you fear. It is now the deepest position on the team.

If you want to cry about something, I would like to direct your attention toward our run defense.

CotcheryFan, Acad23 and joe like this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets are paying Uzomah more than Belichik pays most of his solid starters.

He must be laughing like a hyena the last few years as he watches the Jets cluelessly dig themselves into a deeper and deeper hole.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hunter Henry is a year and a half younger than Uzomah and got a 15mil signing bonus and is making 25mil in guarantees over a 3 year deal. Far gaudier.

The Pats spent more than any team in FA last season for a first round exit. They aren't laughing at anyone.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Woo boy. One more swing and a miss in this post and you’d have been out.

Mogriffjr, K'OB and bicketybam like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Are you now saying Uzomah is not a solid starter? I’m confused. Yesterday he wasn't a pro bowl caliber, today he is not a solid starter, tomorrow he should ride the pine because he is too old? Also you need to see what BB has done pay wise in free agency over the last two years. Money was no object.

11. BroadwayAaron

I still can’t believe we have people whining about the 16th highest paid tight end in the league. There’s no other explanation for that other than wanting to be miserable.

Evan Engram hasn’t made a football move in two years and he’s making more than Uzomah. Will Dissly averages less receptions per year handily when you remove Uzomah’s one-catch rookie year and they make the same amount. Logan Thomas has been a tight end for three years, had one good year and is paid more than Uzomah.

I just cannot fathom getting panties in a bunch over this. Yet here we are.

ColoradoContrails, Jets79 and Noam like this.
  12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

He’s the 16th highest paid TE yet hasn’t made 1 meaningful reception or 1 meaningful block as a Jet. You continue to praise him and he’s done absolutely nothing!!!

hmm, it’s kinda fun to say absolutely brain dead things.

cval and BroadwayAaron like this.
  13. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

We really don't know that. Matter of fact all signs point to the opposite based on their conferences.
    Saleh has mentioned games are won in the trenches and he doesn't think TE is a huge need.
    Saleh has also said "an offense is only as good as it's 3rd WR" which to me tells me he believes 3 WRs is the main personnel which means 11 not 12 is what we want to primarily run. it also would make sense since we signed cole and drafted moore last year and kept crowder. we took QB and O-line then WR with the top 3 picks. obviously we won't be taking a QB this year, but both o and d lines are in play as well as WR in our 1st 4 picks. I think DBs for them and LBers and TEs will be later sleeper guys.

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

We do know the Jets ran 12 personel a ton to start the season but drastically adjusted their use because the TEs performed so badly. Now that the TEs have improved one would expect them to run a lot more 2 TE sets than they did over the final 12 games.

Yes, I agree that 11 personal is run a lot more often especially on 3rd down but would still expect the usage of 12 to go up.

KingRoach likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It will be a fun year. I think is fair to say we really don’t know what personnel grouping we are going to run and when. Last year with our weak TEs and WR injuries we couldn’t run much of anything. It could very well be a balanced mix of personnel 11, 12, 22, and even 13 in some occasions.MLF is definitely going to call the shots as to what and when IMO, with very little oversight from Robert except in selected plays agains specific defenses.

Noam and KingRoach like this.
  16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

actually Mark Domenik, former TB GM now on NFL Radio said the only thing he didn’t like about the bengals offseason, and the one thing he’d have done different, is keep Uzomah

but regardless…TE has been such a shithole for us for years now, I don’t see how JDs actions this offseason don’t make you happy. He literally cleaned house and upgraded our TE room with two solid veterans and drafted a promising TE to boot. The room is no longer a black hole.

how is that not a good thing?

#56 Jets79, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Weird people saying weird shit for weirdnesses sake.

The only trouble with this kind of crap is when they try to be taken seriously on other subjects in the future, people remember the outlandish comments and it does them no favours.

Kind of like the irony of naming yourself after a shit QB

Nyjets4eva, bicketybam and Noam like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

thank you sir

Jets79 likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

Which is why I’m convinced the whole thing is an act.

20. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

i agree with all of this but i think it's important that the Jets start winning on the field or else they'll immediately lose that small amount of respectability they've gained. FA players want to know they can win with their new team. Yes, some players sign with teams based 100% on the monetary compensation. Darrelle Revis and more recently Leveon Bell come to mind in that regard, but MOST players are also looking for a chance to win. So getting more wins will absolutely help the Jets more or less like a snowball effect.