It’s not politics, it’s history

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KingRoach, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I tried that meditation stuff. At first it was good, but after doing it a while my mind would sort of go blank and lose focus.

After that I couldn't see the point.

#281 Acad23, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

And apes will kill all the babies of competing males after they become the dominant male so the females go back in heat and the male can procreate his lineage into existence.

it’s amazing that the people who call themselves progressive believe in participating in the same type of behaviors of animals we should have progressed intellectually beyond. Or perhaps we’ve only progressed intellectually enough to deflect from the behavior with semantic games meant to confuse and distract the easily confused and distracted.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I am pro choice but I do not believe their is a constitutional right that protects abortion. That said, I was very upset by the overturning of Roe v. Wade. I think it will put women in danger. I was willing to live with the way things were. This is a disaster in the making. Who the fuck wants to go back to coat hanger abortions and dead women? Fucking nuts.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Feel the same. And why now?

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I too am not big on defending abortion as a right, but it needs to be legal. An unwanted child in society that either can’t be provided for properly or won’t be out of haste is way worse than stopping the process a couple months in.

FJF likes this.
  6. JetBlue

It’s a shame society can’t have that reasonable discussion because too many people ignore the fact that Roe vs Wade was simply a terrible ruling because they liked and wanted the outcome. Abortion belongs to the states, and states having different laws is exactly what the United States is about. Don’t agree with Texas’ politics you can move freely to any of the other 49 states in the union. That’s what it’s supposed to mean to be an American, not to demand the federal government force your beliefs on every state that they have no authority to force on them.

and we definitely don’t want the Supreme Court making policy when that’s not their role and pretending it’s simply a ruling.

maybe because I’ve lived my entire life with abortion I’ve never once ever thought it should be illegal. Being pleased that Roe vs Wade is overturned has nothing to do with a desire to see abortion illegal, it’s simply a result of preferring laws actually being constitutional whether they make me happy or not.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, certainly the characterizations of the parties is.

I wonder if this topic could go two days if labels like Democrats, Republicans, Liberals, Conservatives, Progressives, Rightist, Leftist and Radical were banned and posters had to specifically identify exactly who they were talking about and had to support their claims.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

You’re equally ridiculous if you think either of these parties are on the right track.

9. Ralebird

I don't know where in hell you got that. I have made it quite clear over the years here that I abhor the power political parties have in this country and the fact that those we elect to represent US invariably turn to representing and paying homage to those parties regardless of the desires of those they are elected to stand for.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

You’re ignoring how difficult it is to simply pickup and move to a different state. Especially when you factor in that the states are relatively clustered together in ideology outside of the Midwest so you’re looking at moving multiple states away.

I could finally comfortably pickup and move at age 30 right now for probably the first time in my life. Your characterization isn’t inherently wrong of America, but you’re ignoring the economics and logistics of such a proposition based on one policy.

The most important things I look at when voting are related to finances which is why I have always skewed Republican because I dislike the idea of the middle class footing the bill and being impacted the most by any grand plan that requires financing by the federal government. But overturning this ruling and the subsequent celebration by the right is a horrible political move. The Republicans had a chance to take commanding control of two out of three branches in the fall and may have just pissed it down the drain on something that has nothing to do with anyones finances and is motivated by religion.

FJF and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  11. Ralebird

Can you supply some support for the bolded, please? If this is a "position" taken by the Democratic National Committee, I'm sure a position paper is readily available. Unless, to get to the plural, you know of at least two individuals registered as Democrats who think biological males of the human species are capable of giving birth, presumedly to a human. Of course, if you can find two there I'm sure there are sufficient numbers of registered as Republicans that two equally crackpot Republicans can be found; minor parties as well.

12. JetBlue

Difficulty doesn’t really come into play; that’s a personal choice one would have to make when deciding what was most important to them. I’m sure it’s a lot easier to pick up and move to a different state today than making the trip to Oregon from Kansas on the Oregon Trail, yet people made that journey because nothing about living in the United States, or the laws and constitution of it, guarantee or promise ease of life or happiness, simply the freedoms to pursue those things.

yes, lower economic individuals are affected more than people with more resources, but life has always been difficult on this planet when you don’t have much. Thems the breaks. It’s part of being human.

13. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

14. JetBlue

I don’t need that specific evidence, more than enough elected Democrats have supported the position that a trans man is a man that it is beyond dispute. those declarations have been so widespread and public it serves no purpose to even do a simple search to validate it. Are you denying this is true?

the inherent repercussions of the position that a trans man is a man, and the claims that men can get pregnant, is that abortion now also impacts men. More rational human beings would actually think their positions through before making such asinine declarations, but the progressives are just winging it as they go.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Wow I didn't know you equate Republicans with whiny bitches. I wouldn't go that far, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

16. HomeoftheJets

I don't know either but I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. IMO a registered Democrat who doesn't vote isn't worthy of being counted though.

17. HomeoftheJets

18. Jonathan_Vilma

That’s using something 200 years ago to justify an action in 2022. “Oh well it was equally difficult in 1873 so who cares.”

We need to evolve as a human race beyond the whole deal with it, I used to walk 20 miles in the snow to school sonny boy mentality.

Regardless, what gets me about the ruling and the people that are super pro life is - what the fuck does a person (say a UPS driver) in San Antonio, Texas care if a 20 year old college student in Dallas, Texas gets an abortion so she doesn’t have to drop out of college and figure out how to provide for a child she wasn’t prepared for?

A young lady having an abortion affects none of these evangelists yet they’re upset about it. Why?

19. Ralebird

Oh, hogwash! You may not personally need the evidence because your mind is made up but to make outlandish claims here without even the thought of supporting them makes even the BS section of TGG a worse place to be.

You may have heard or seen such nonsense on alternate media sources but you cannot support it at all. Now you are attempting to divert from your original premise that there is some type of movement within a given political party that biological men can give birth to a totally different one that transsexuals should have the right to determine how they are recognized according to whatever gender they accept. Two totally different subjects. Once again, the premise that your making of such a claim being valid in the absence of any support is ridiculously asinine and is a perfect example of those who will go to any length to create or repeat bogus partisan issues. It also shows your quiver is empty.

#299 Ralebird, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

What type of Meditation did you practice Acad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.