Flight 2022 - New Heights - NY Jets Media Team Does It Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 16, 2022.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is a severe overthink. The last time we did Hard Knocks we made it to the conference finals. One has not a single thing to do with the other.

PJ4Ever and Nyjets4eva like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

From ep5, ultimate white guy Woody Johnson says to Jermaine Johnson "we couldn't figure out what you were wearing".

3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Chrebet, on the Underdog podcast, said the Jets taped 600 hours of film this off season to get the 4 hours for these 5 episodes.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I wonder what he thought of Wilson's pearl necklace :eek:

ukjetsfan and abyzmul like this.
  5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I've watched four episodes and I'm enjoying it because it's about the Jets, but... the constant leaping around on the timeline is distracting and pointless, the background music makes it feel like the whole thing is a promo video for itself, and there is so much we are not allowed to see that it gets a bit frustrating. I guess the events are too recent to reveal all that was going on, but for instance, when we see JD working the phones to try and get a trade to get JJ, it would be far more impactful if we were told who he was talking to, what he was offering and what their responses were. In 20 years or so a book may come out that will tell us those things, but as it is portrayed in episode 4 it's just JD picking up the phone and putting it down, over and over again. I didn't feel like we were being given much of a behind-the-scenes look.

If they really shot 600 hours of footage I don't really know why there has to be so much filler. The endless slo-mo shots of people walking and pull-focus shots of logos just look a bit like a corporate video. It's slick, but for the most part it's empty.

Also, Woody is one of the most awkward human beings I have seen.

On the plus side, I really do get the impression that the Jets have brought in some solid talent this offseason. Between free agency and the draft they have transformed the roster and I am very optimistic going into the season, so I guess the series did its primary job.

6. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Everything you said was pretty spot on! I still did enjoy it tho lol but they def could of done more with it

ukjetsfan likes this.
  7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

That was such a good scene with Joe Douglas on the phones trying to trade down for Jermaine Johnson.

Eyeing tix for Buffalo and Ballmore

Let’s Go!!!!

also shout out to Eric Allen - bros been with the team a long time and this is one area you can see marked improvement!!!!! This is how you bring a winning mindset to the team and fans !!!

Let’s Go!!!

Brook! and cval like this.
  8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Extended clips from New Heights with MLF talking about GW, Breece Hall, Ruckert, Mitchell, MC. E. Moore and ZW.