2022 Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Rizzo just shoveled dirt on the Rays season.

2. bicketybam

This is just getting ridiculous. This team is making history. They are just beating the piss out of the Jays.

3. bicketybam

The team with the next best record in baseball is 7 games behind the Yankees (in losses.) That's just unreal.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Think lots of us owe Cashman an apology...

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Kinda sucks for the Yankees that this season every team will make the playoffs

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I've never seen a pitch like this.

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Toronto with the roof open looks like a great stadium to go to. Damn covid, had a plan to go a few years back.

8. Dierking

Cole with the no no through 7.

9. bicketybam

Way to jinx him.

10. dawinner127

I saw he had a Nono through 7. Got done with dinner and turned it on right before he gave up the hit.
    Sorry

11. bicketybam

Honest question. As we've seen this past NHL playoffs, Islander fans root against the Rangers. Do Met fans root against the Yankees? Given the history, I would think they do.

12. bicketybam

Huge win after giving up the lead. Yanks remain the best team in baseball.

13. bicketybam

7 game lead on the Mets, 12 on Toronto.

14. dawinner127

Yeah I actively do, but I think it all depends where you grow up or who you hang around with. Some of my friends are very arrogant and every time the Mets do something well it's always the 2000 WS or 27 titles rubbed in my face. When's deGrom going down next? Another great April for the Mets, but when are the wheels falling off.. again? With some of them you can't objectively criticize the Yankees without getting shit shoved back in your face so yea, definitely root against them. At the same time, I'm not one of those psychos that gets more enjoyment from them losing over the Mets winning.

I know it doesn't mean much unless this season ends with WS #28, but I hate that some of my friends can't sit back and enjoy the ride. It's incredible what they are doing right now.

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It makes more sense for Islanders and Rangers fans to root against the other since they're both in the Metro as well.

I actively root against the Yankees though. Gotta do it quietly since my girlfriend is a Yankees fan... For now.

16. bicketybam

At least you admit it, lol.

I totally get where you are coming from. I root against the football Giants because I used to get abused by my two brothers who were Giants fans when I was a kid. It really made me hate the team and I live it when they lose.

I love baseball and the Yankees but I'm the least passionate about them when it comes to sports. I saw them win 2 world series as a kid and 5 as an adult. I'm good if I never see another. But it does bother me that when they don't make the playoffs or get eliminated, Mets fans rejoice.

I'd love to see another Subway Series. I went to game 4 at Shea in 2000 and took a picture of the first pitch which ended up being a home run for Derek Jeter.

dawinner127 likes this.
  17. dawinner127

Yeah, I'm in the same boat about the Giants. Hope they go 0-17 and lose every game by 50.

I know this is messed up in regards to the Islanders v Rangers rivalry, but I grew up with Palmieri and played sports with him all the way until HS so obviously I have a rooting interest there and want to see him to do well. Rangers are probably my third team after the Jets and Mets, but if he ever leaves the Islanders I go back to hating them.

I don't know if my mental could handle losing another WS to the Yankees.

18. bicketybam

I told my brother I was rooting for a Subway Series and he was totally against it. "Could you imagine losing to the Mets?! The Mets??!!"

I had a bunch of friends who were Met fans during that world series and I didn't break any balls. I knew it had to be sickening to lose to the Yankees. I know it would be brutal if the Mets ever beat the Yankees in a WS but a small part of me would be happy for Mets fans. They are like Jets fans except they actually won something in the past 40 years.

But in the end the Giants will always own New York just like the Yankees and Rangers. Those cups the Islelanders won all those years ago are a faded memory

19. Dierking

Much bigger rivalry. They’ve always played in the same division and Islander home games against the Rangers seem to be half Ranger fans. Always makes for an intense stew in the stands.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  20. bicketybam

Who did Islander fans root for before the Islanders came to be? Were they disenchanted Rangers fans?