Flight 2022 - New Heights - NY Jets Media Team Does It Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hear you. Last 11-12 years has been total failure and heartbreak. We deserve good things. Hopefully Zach and Saleh prove their worth because seems like Joe Douglas is the man.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This series was incredible. Binged all 5 episodes and that 4th episode was special

This is better then Hard Knocks. Hype level is real but the authenticity of the production and how genuine these players and staff we are is what has me low key amped for our franchise long term. Just holding it in and enjoying this development

hornblower likes this.
  3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Recommend people to mainly watch episode 4 if it becomes too much in early episodes

dmw and KY Jets Fan like this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Enjoyed them, a lot of filler as per, a lot of ra ra ra, as per but as already said episode 4 is the best one, isn't it always, maybe this will be our new hope as well :D

Leicester Jet and NYJalltheway like this.
  5. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed it. I learned plenty about scouting and the hard work it takes for a front office to get the right people in place. The GM and the coaches are on the same page. Nothing is guaranteed but the plan is in place and lets see what happens. By the way coaches are always rah, rah even when they don't feel like it. It's their job. Like that teacher you had first period when you were half asleep and he was too but he pretended he wasn't.

Noam likes this.
  6. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I enjoyed them, better than a lot of the crap TV serves up these days!

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Going to start watching this leading up to the season. As an eternal optimist with all my sports teams, something to keep in mind is that this stuff is designed to excite you about the team. Be wary of the Kool-Aid they're presenting you with.

This team has potential to be a pain in the ass in all 17 games. Will they? Most likely not.

Joe Douglas completely revamped this roster and honestly, I'm not sure what else he could've done to improve the roster more besides add 1 more linebacker and a roaming, ballhawk type safety. The offense is stocked up with young, promising talent, as well as some good veteran pieces. The defensive line and cornerback rooms are deep. The defense has a good-to-great talent at all three levels of the defense.

With that being said, this team is still young and needs a lot of their young pieces to step up to the plate and become big boy NFL players. Most namely #2. I'm expecting a lot of ups and downs with this team.

KingRoach, Noam and RonPi like this.
  8. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode and found it boring (although, admittedly, I found Hard Knocks boring except for Rex Ryan). There's no way I'd watch five hours of this.

Ralebird likes this.
  9. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Very much this. If I could could rub a magic lamp and make one thing about the Jets happen, it would be for the entire fanbase to adopt a "win first, then praise" mentality. It would force the ownership and front office to actually achieve something.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I've reached that point with this team. I'm very happy with the moves they made in FA and the draft, but it's time they prove it on the field.

KingRoach and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'll probably watch all these when I get a chance, but frankly I've watched so many P.R. videos only to see them crash burn up against reality that I'm wary of watching another. I need to see actual improvement on the field, not necessarily a winning record or the playoffs, but certainly in the hunt for both. While I've given Douglas a long leash, and still believe he has a winning blueprint, it needs to start producing positive results in the W/L columns or he needs to feel serious heat. I know he isn't to blame for all the previous failures, but neither am I or any other fan.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

There was a lot more fluff and disjointedness in this edition, but the organic reactions when Stingley got picked, when they realized they'd get Wilson, and when Baltimore (I think?) passed on JJ to let their trade happen were tremendous viewing.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Let's see some results on the field.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

May not be a popular opinion on here, but I can't stand these videos. They show that once again, the franchise cares more about PR than actually winning football games. Could you imagine Bill Parcells letting these videos be released before he turned the team around? He'd stuff the marketing department in a locker.

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The best part was the 1st round of the draft. The drama was great. You can feel the anxiety before each pick and the relief and excitement when they were successful each time.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

“the franchise cares more about PR than actually winning games” is a horrendous conclusion to try to draw from this. For so many blatantly obvious reasons. For starters: the GM, coaching staff and players have nothing to do with this outside of what probably amounts to a 30 minute sitdown interview. A production team doesn’t work even remotely close to in conjunction with anyone that has an effect on the on-field product.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Woody Johnson was shitfaced when they made the 4 pick.

REVISion likes this.
  18. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Quoting Mike Garafolo in episode 4:
    "The Jets fans would like the Superbowl to be their Superbowl, and one day it will, but throughout their history, it's like
    the draft has been their Superbowl..."

Ron

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dear Joe Douglas. I don’t know if you are reading this but if not you I am sure one of your lieutenants do. I hope either you will see this thread or your lieutenant will make you aware. But know this about us.

It is June, the dead season, yet we are all here. Read the skepticism in this thread by die hard fans and make it a goal to turn this franchise around one way or another.

We are due for a winning season or playoff. Don’t send us empty handed come week 17. Cheers! Brook! the friendly mod.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's not about how much time it takes the football people to do these videos, it's that the football people are even allowing it (or it's being forced on them by ownership). I can't imagine Parcells, Belichick, Reid, Harbaugh, Payton, etc. letting videos like these see the light of day after a 4-13 season.