Another first for Cman.. Citi field Tonight!!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep! My first ever trip to Citi Field for the Mets/Marlins game. I'll be driving as AMTRAK is asking too much for a R/T ticket. Wifey will be coming along too and its her first trip as well to a Met game. We'll be in the left field stands which is another first for me. Usually, I'm in the nosebleeds but not this time dammit!!

Got reserved parking up on Main St. in Flushing and will take the 7 train back to the stadium. Figure that should help with the traffic as we try to get back on the Interstate westbound.

Hopefully the Mets win again! Really looking forward to this. Maybe later this year, I'll get to the new Yankee Stadium. Probably will make it a homecoming too as I used to live not far from there on the Manhattan side!

LGM!!!

Brook!, Br4d, stinkyB and 4 others like this.
  2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Have fun. I haven't been to either new stadium also unfortunately, went to both the old ones. Hoping I can get to Yankee stadium when the kids are a little older.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Have fun. I almost flew up there this weekend, then realized what weekend it was and should have some beers with Pops.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I hear it's a really nice stadium. I can tell you the new Yankee Stadium sucks.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Have fun, @Cman65 !

As a former Mets fan... I'm only slightly jealous...

#5 Acad23, Jun 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Enjoy Cman! Citi Field is amazing

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Enjoy and post some pictures!

Cman68 likes this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Let's Go Mets!

stinkyB likes this.
  9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I went to see Mets vs Phillies and Scherzer pitch recently. Was my first time at Citi Field...As a big time Yankees fan I can say I like Citi way more then the new Yankees stadium

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A fourteen year old relative who is a Yankee fan went to the Mets game last night and wore a Jazz Chisholm Tshirt, one of his out of town favorites, Chisholm came over for a selfie with him before the game. After he went 0 for 3 he gave the kid his bat. He also got one last year at the stadium from Kyle Higashioka. Who needs cards?

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Hope you brought your appetite (and money) - the food at Citi Field is very good, but it ain't cheap.

It's a great ballpark to see a game. I always sit upstairs behind the plate - way closer to the action than the grandstand seats I sat in as a kid at Shea.

Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  12. Cman68

Great Day at Citi Field. Very nice stadium and the food was outstanding. I was in section 136 out in left field and you couldn't ask for a better sightline. The wind however had become a factor in the game as it did keep two Marlin homers in the ballpark. It was howling yesterday and thank goodness we bought our heavier windbreakers as it felt more like April than June. I admire you guys that still live in the City. The traffic alone would be enough to make most folks really consider relocating. I was shocked at the development happening in the So. Bronx. Its starting on the road to becoming LIC. Saw condos south of the Major Deegan. Harlem unfortunately still is lagging behind but that's by choice as that land is super valuable to those that own it.

Again, great experience at Citi Field. I will have to make a Yankee game at some point this season but I will bite the bullet and take Amtrak instead of driving!![​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#12 Cman68, Jun 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Glad you had a good time! I could've done without the outstanding photo of the guy with the wedgie, though. o_O

Cman68 likes this.
  14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Is that @17atailgater wearing a thong to the Mets game?

Cman68 likes this.
  15. Cman68

Oops!!

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’ve heard Citifield is awesome. I’m hoping to get there this summer. Getting to Queens from Jersey is just such a fucking hassle. Train is nice but you’re at the mercy of the schedule of course and driving and fighting to get there takes half the fun out of going.

Love Yankee Stadium although as bickety said, most people don’t like it. I’m not sure why.

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It's souless compared to the old Yankee Stadium. Zero character. It feels like a giant generic shopping mall.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hate baseball but as a sports enthusiast I tried to hit every sports arena here in New York region. Citi Field is one I have never been to.

Been to IZOD center while Nets were still in NJ. Hit the old Giants stadium and am a season ticket holder for Jets. Been to old Shea stadium and new Yankee stadium. Never been to Nassau arena but hit the new Islanders arena in Long Island. Been to Madison Square Garden for a Knicks game and Barclay's center for a Nets game.

Long story short, Citi Field is the only active place I have never been to.

I target to go to a Mets game this year as well to finish my arena tour. If you ever decide to do it, let's go together.

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

shit sorry I missed u....was there in sec 123 in the cheap seats. perhaps next time.
    ugly weather day thats for sure.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Cman68

I don't think I've ever had the onions and peppers on my sandwich get blown off the bread before... Man, I'm glad we bought our heavier windbreakers. Had the hoods on by the 6th..

Brook! likes this.