Kit Harington Attached to Jon Snow ‘GOT’ Spinoff Series

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYGalPal, Jun 16, 2022.

1. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Well this is exciting news!

Poeman likes this.
  2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Can't help thinking this will be a disaster.

Doing the Dance of Dragons I get. It's basic plot is written and there's plenty of leeway to flesh it out. Doing a spin off with Arya on her voyage I kind of get too. There's sort of precedent written. This has nothing to base itself on. It will piss off ASoIaF nerds and probably GoT ones too.

3. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

I wonder if Martin is involved at all with this? If not, then it will probably be a disaster. Last seasons of Thrones went to shit after writers didn't have any reference material to exploit and were left to fend for themselves.

And if he is involved, then this might be one more reason why he can't get the last book(s) written in god knows how many years, the man just has too many projects going on.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Skeptical about this. Excited for the Houee of dragon’s this summer and would probably watch this if it comes out but low expectations.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm sure he's involved enough to get more royalties pouring into his wallet. Anything to avoid finishing the books that it was all based on.

/asoiaf nerd

MoWilkBeast, Poeman and phubbadaman like this.
  6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'm more hopeful about this then the House of Dragons for some reason. Much more interesting to explore what happens after the shows ending and maybe Jon travels the world.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in that new Lord of the Rings show?

8. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

I'll definitely check it out, but if it looks anything like the Wheel of Time, which was Amazon series as well, I will stop immediately. That show sucked, no two ways about it.

Trailers looks really nice though, so there's hope it will be decent

abyzmul likes this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jon Snow spinoff I want to see is in 30 years when Snow is in late middle age. He's the Commander of the Night's Watch and things have gone to hell south of them after the death of Brandon Stark. Jon Snow leads the Night Watch in an attempt to keep civilization alive in the 7 Kingdoms as three powerful houses attempt to take sole control of the dying lands.

The Night King of course is dead and so the Night Watch's traditional job has slowly turned into a fading memory with just the need to exile certain bastards and inconvenient sons keeping the service alive.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah that sounds like an EP's wet dream. They surely will go that route instead of sticking with what they considered their winning formula: dragons, zombies, gay blowjobs, and tits.

FJF likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Well here’s my idea

Flash forward to the future, climate change has devastated the 7 kingdoms, severe drought has made most of the areas uninhabitable, nearly all of the population now lives in the North, on top of one another.

Jon Snow’s descendant holds the throne. (A bi racial handicapped person identifying as female of course). “She” , named Lydia still receives visions from Jon Snow at night though who guides her (we have to have Kit Harrington in this thing somehow)

—-
    The wall is now a cyber wall, and the night’s watch are a group of nerdy but witty computer hackers. Just like the previous nights watch the computer nerds have taken a vow of celibacy, but only a formality with them, as they weren’t getting any anyway.

They have been communicating with a hostile planet just outside the world as they know it.

Lydia Snow faces pressure to invade that planet for its lush resources, an ironic ode to the original Game of Thrones where they were the ones invaded. “She” needs to balance good and evil all while considering opinions from her inner circle and her long deceased uncle Jon.

there will be lots of zombies, dragons, computer viruses, gay blowjobs, and tits. (only shown with clear consent so as to not offend)

#11 BrowningNagle, Jun 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

By definition Jon Snow has no descendants since he is at the Night Watch where chastity is the order of the day and he killed his main squeeze already before the series ended. No spoilers here for the .03% of the population that has not seen GoT yet.

And BTW how the fuck did HBO screw up the last season of GoT so royally when they got the first 6 seasons so right?

It's no wonder that their status as the pre-eminent content creator in western culture has gone onto the trash heap since then.