Poll: Which position will perform the best this season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, May 27, 2022.

?

Which position will perform the best this season?

1. Quarterback

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Running back

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  3. Tight end

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Wide receiver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Offensive line

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Corner back

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  7. Defensive line

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  8. Safety

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Linebacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Special teams

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Remember it's which one will be our best position not which one needs to be.
    Answer the poll & tell us why you believe it.

2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

This was a hard question because we are strong at many positions, I almost chose corner back, but I chose running back mainly because of the offense will be a run first offense & we are strong at the position with Carter & Hall.

3. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

I voted QB. Reasons: (a) Zach will play somewhat better because he is a year more experienced and will be better. (b) Zach will play much better because everyone around him will be better, and every one of those (including defense) will positively impact Zach's stats. More than any other position, Zach benefits from all the positive pieces that have been added to this roster.

Brook! likes this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Clearly the one position group improved the most and will perform the best is the Secondary. In 2021 we were ranked near dead last in points, passing yards, and even running yards. Our D stunk top to bottom, and the secondary was to blame as much as any position group.

Welcome our 2022 FA class. First, Jordan Whitehead, Safety out of TampaBay. Great pick up. Our safties struggles last year in both run and pass support. Ashtyn Davis won't be taking bad angles anymore. Whitehead was a big pick up for us. Second, Douglas nabbed DJ Reed out of Seattle. Finally, a solid #1 CB. Echols or Hall just lost their starting job. Then, Douglas used his 4th overall pick and Sauce Garner. A 6'3" TOP DB coming out of college. The glimpse we've seen during OTAs Sauce is everything as advertised. A TRUE #1 shut down corner. Reed and Sauce just sent both our starting corners Hall and Echols to the bench. Jason Pinnock and Javelin Guidry can battle it out for our 5th DB. I hope they can play special teams!

Add an improved pass rush. Jermaine Johson drafted in the 1st round and Michael Clemons in the 4th plus the return of Carl "I loved beating Becton' Lawson and our new and improved secondary won't have to cover all day. Beat the WR in front of you for a few seconds and just like that, it's Jets Ball!

Our secondary will be our most improved group on the entire team.

And it won't be close.

Jeff M and WilsonJetsFan like this.
  5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Corner. DJ Reed was a great signing and Sauce has potential to be a top corner. Obviously they're not now, but they have potential to be the best pair of starters in the NFL. Bryce Hall was decent last year and is now depth. Nickel is a little more questionable, but Michael Carter was pretty good last year and will be interested to see if he hangs on to the spot over Guidry or even if Echols or Hall were tried inside.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

I voted running back. In part for the reasons budjet cited above, but also because I think our o line has improved, I think Wilson will be improved, our TEs will be improved. All of these will impact the running game.

lastly, I think hall and carter are very talented, especially hall. And of all positions, I think it is easiest for a star RB to come in and make the quickest impact.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We have so many dollars and draft picks invested in the defensive line.

If they can't get after the QB and stuff the run we are doing things wrong.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I almost voted RB as well. But last season our 4th round pick RB Michael Carter was our team leader in total yards from scrimmage. 964 total yards. 640 rushing, 325 receiving.

In other words, our RB last season did really good for us. I expect Bryce Hall to do even better, but not like 'double better' to win the poll in this thread.

We still have MC, and now we add BH. Plus an improved Oline especially if Becton returns to form. So I expect our running game to go from pretty good to really good. But that's not the same as our last place secondary going from absolutely horrid to really, really good.

9. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

fwiw , for me this is a "most improved" vote

10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

As a guy who was a fan of Hall, Echols and Carter, I think the Jets could have a top CB room w the additions of Sauce and Reed

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I voted RB but CB was a close second for me.

BudJet likes this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We are so loaded at TE right now, I can't put anything else. EDGE is a close second when it comes to expectations, I just don't think we improved enough in the middle and teams will gash us.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Not looking forward to seeing us get run on again... and if Sauce is worth his...err... sauce, he'll be forcing things underneath... our weak spot.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think Sauce will quickly be a fantastic cover corner, but his tackling is going to suck. At least for a while. That was my only annoyance with him at 4 overall. He does not give a shit about tackling.

Other than that, this guy is going to be a fucking animal, I love watching him in coverage. His hand is always in the path of the ball.

Sauce, Moore and Garrett Wilson have the best quick twitch on the team.

Brook! and Acad23 like this.
  15. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

same here
    CB>RB, only just.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I disagree about his tackling... it ain't the best but he is willing to stick his nose in... at least from the highlights I've seen.
    Maybe @GasedAndConfused can chime in on that aspect.

Overall I think he'll be kinda Revis Lite... I'm more worried about the PI flags he'll be getting if he doesn't clean up his technique.
    If we keep losing wide-outs to injury... Sauce can step in... he's got good hands.

I'm more stoked about the pick than I was when JD made it.

Brook! likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I mean it's not a strong suit. His game really reminds me a lot of antonio cromartie.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Pole: Which position will perform the best this season?

[​IMG]