Bright Side vs. Darkside

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 24, 2022.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You forgot special teams.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Did we get new owners and I'm just not aware? It's not a drastic reach to believe that someone can like how things look on paper but still be mindful of the awful owners at the top..

They haven't changed, until we win consistently with the group that Is In place now, It's a never say never situation when It comes to these owners.

That's a fact.

We all hope they don't meddle In things, that doesn't mean they won't though at some point. Especially If this year Is another flop.

I think even If this year Is a flop, the GM and CS should be kept regardless. I do believe we have the real deal there with that combination.

That doesn't mean much though.

Oh, I appreciate your attempts at being funny though.

It wasn't, but, you know.. "A" for effort I guess.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

People always shit on Woody but I think he's better than Hess was. Hess was fucking clueless, like Mr. Magoo. By the time he finally got a clue and hired Parcells he was nearly dead. How many years did we go without a GM under Hess ownership?

KingRoach likes this.
  4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

You’re right, funny isn’t my thing. I’ll go back to being a dick.

You sound like a beaten dog who quivers at it’s owners voice and it’s bordering pathetic.

I know you're not trying to sound pathetic but you do, so “F” for lack of results.

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

From 2000 to 2010, the team never went more than two years without a playoff appearance. If Doug Brien could make a late FG in Pittsburgh, there would've been three AFC Championship game appearances.

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

So you created this thread to be a dickhead?

Sweet... You suck at that too.. I'm pretty sure you actually need to offend people to hold that title.

Let me know If you want to actually talk about Jets shit, opinions, and such... I'll be around, Fella.

Maybe you'll be better at that. That's doubtful too though.

7. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only one scratching my head with that post.

Noam and Jeff M like this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing to realize about top 3 QB's is the pressure on them and on the organization as a result of being picked so high in the draft.

There are literally 2 QB's picked on the #1 in the last 30 years or so who lived up to the billing and had long successful careers. They're both named Manning. They both had Archie Manning standing behind them.

Andrew Luck had a chance to be the third but injuries did him. He had Oliver Luck standing behind him. Joe Burrow may have a chance to be the third but he's taking some heavy hits early in his career.

The last thing a team should want to do is use a very high draft pick on a QB. The pressure cooker that creates will cook the good prospects let alone the picks of desperation.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If you're going to grade everyone as harshly as you grade QBs (e.g. leaving out the guy who just won the Super Bowl), there have been zero non-QBs taken with the first pick since Peyton Manning who have lived up to their billing.

10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

BS told ZW on draft day that BS was there to pull up ZW not the other way around.

You are 100% right, #1 picks have a lot of pressure on them. Couple that with the fact they are usually picked by the worst organization which is usually going thru turmoil.

Let’s take Matt Stafford as an example. Was he mired to mediocrity bc he wasn’t able to live up to the pressures of being a #1 overall pick or was he stuck with a bad organization who couldn’t take advantage of his talents?

Luck is a great example. Possibly the last prospect who deserved the title generational out of college and even so, his immense talents weren’t enough to overcome the bad management running the team.

I’ve stated this opinion many many times: Patrick Mahomes wouldn’t be in the GOAT conversation if he’s been drafted by the Mac/Bowles led Jets

11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Last year we saw what Stafford could do.

It would see that the problem was the Lions organization and not Matt Stafford.

Hard to pull the cart when the wheels are broken or missing.