What is it with Jets fans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, May 22, 2022.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

With this team I can't blame anyone that is perpetually down about them. Luckily I'm bipolar when it comes to the Jets so sometimes I'm a sunshiner and other times a darksider

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I like low hanging fruit. Some don’t like me punching down but I’m ok with picking on the mentally challenged.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I didn't provide evidence because I don't like naming names, but if I wanted to, I could pull up numerous personal attacks over the last couple months. Heck, the poll created the other day was a personal attack until either the OP or the mods changed it.

4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Being a Jets fan is like being in a fairy tale specifically The Boy Who Cried Wolf and Henny Penny.

Bright Siders have been so optimistic for so long, their credibility is shot when good moves are actually finally made.

Dark siders are always so panicked, no one who with any critical thinking can take them seriously right now.

ouchy likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Are you going to be continually obsessed with me and detail topics to try to start a thirteen year old flame war? Go find some threads to lie about your life in or maybe start another poll and promise you’ll leave if you get less votes.

I’ve posted a handful of times in the Jets section since the season ended and you’ve responded instantly to 90% for them. Do you have alerts on? Hop off my dick, I’m not into old slimy men with big internet egos.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Like I said in response to Cman originally, there is a big difference between being skeptical and completely lacking the ability to have a conversation because everything is bad and nothing is good. But like I also said luckily that only defines a subsection of this website.

“Braxton Berrios better be two times as good as Jamison Crowder because he is getting paid twice as much“ is a perfect example. So much stupidity laced throughout that statement but it’s someone’s actual opinion. How are you supposed to converse with someone that operates that way?

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Maybe message boards aren’t for you.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

no, they are. Dumb people are not for me. Although I guess those two things go hand in hand.

KingRoach and Noam like this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I rest my case.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Reading some of the responses in this thread, I have to ask: What is it with Jets fans?

KingRoach, ouchy, bicketybam and 2 others like this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I read the title in Seinfeld’s voice.

12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Little jealous of you older guys got to see those Namath teams... Then I remember you had to live through all the Jets teams since :D

papapump, NYJetsO12, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

fanboyism lives

James Hasty likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My two cents. With the long subpar Jets history behind us being pessimistic and take the “show me with wins approach” is clearly the preferred way to be if you want to keep your sanity and I fully respect that. Most skeptics want to see success before they buy into the hype but also like optimists wish the best for this team moving forward. Nothing wrong with that. We all want success. We are fans.
    But there is a vast difference between pessimism by most fans and just plain throwing negative shit on the wall by a few after every single current attempt to improve this team, be it trades, drafts, contracts, player movement, you name it, no matter what the case might be, it gets attacked, immediately declaring failure and the incompetence of the whole staff, no supporting facts, just some doom and gloom random comment pointing out nothing ever changes no matter what. Of course the season has not even entered training camp, but who cares, we are already a bunch of hopeless losers.
    Well, so be it, I suppose if you want to be an active member on a board you should expect a few of those. Just ignore the noise and move on. Lots of great stuff by most here to focus on. I am slightly skeptical but very optimistic the ship is turning.

KingRoach likes this.
  15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HomeoftheJets and ouchy like this.
  16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

If we can't be optimistic in the offseason what is the point of being a fan? When you have been as bad as the Jets have since the 2015 run the offseason is only thing we have to get excited about. That excitement might have been misplaced (I think the hiring of Gase was tough on all of us) but the off season is all we have had.

This time we have finally done what everyone was begging for when we were only winning 7-8 games a year which was a complete rebuild. We now have that and this what it looks like. It means building a young roster with a lot of bumps along the way. I am hoping it has worked and the Jets are actually competitive this year. We got some glimpses of it last season and it was fun. (Titans, Bengals, Bucs, Philly etc) Let's hope we get that every week this season.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The fact that we are still hanging on after all the Jets incompetence on the field and off is perseverance enough and shows how good a fan base we are

Woody Johnson does not deserve this fan base for example

HomeoftheJets, ouchy, Acad23 and 3 others like this.
  18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think I can get behind watching this team try to scrap for 6-9 wins this year as they continue to build and see the young players improve.

With our tough schedule I think anyone expecting playoffs is in for a tough season ahead.

If we could win half of our division games it would give me a lot of confidence that we are finally on the right path.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No joke. The fact that there is anyone left after Idzik, then Gase, should tell you enough about the resilient fanbase.

As far as optimism... is it too much to ask for a season above .500 before we start singing praise? I'm not even talking playoffs here.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Small wins. Keep stacking them then eventually the wins on the field will come. (Trust the process) :)