6 Reasons Jets RB Breece Hall Will WIN Rookie of the Year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, May 21, 2022.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Breece Hall has 6 Infinity Stones that could lead to him winning the rookie of the year award. :D

I still believe that Michael Carter will be a significant factor in the offense, but I do foresee the Jets giving him about 15 touches per game which would be about 250 for the season.

Breece Hall's Inifinity Stones:
    -3rd Down Back
    -Scheme Fit
    -Supporting Cast
    -Workload
    -Nose for the Endzone
    -Big Play Ability

Let me know what you guys think. Can he win the award? Other reasons he could win?

Savatage and Jeff M like this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Since he has the infinity stones, can he make Bill Bellichek disappear?

Jets69, NYJetsO12, apjbfc and 4 others like this.
  3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Watched before you even posted. Don't think he'll win it with Michael Carter in house, but I do expect a big season. It's going to be exciting to see the roty battle.

Edit: Also I always forget we're both tgg class of 04 lol cheers
    Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  4. PennyandtheJets

Class of 04 lol. I love it!

Michael Carter definitely will still be a factor, but I do think 250 touches can get the job done for Breece.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. PennyandtheJets

That snap is a little random tho lol

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

You should join the group coming to the Green Bay game if you get the chance. Seems like it will be a good tgg turnout. And plus I'm already here.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

7. PennyandtheJets

Ahhhhh, I wish I could be there. My wife and I are already making plans to go to Denver.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Onne big reason is the lack of viable rookie qb candidates. Really opens up the field for the skill positions

9. PennyandtheJets

Great point to make here.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't know about ROTY or infinity stones...
    but Breece does have a sweet skill set that should fit well with LaFloor's offensive scheme.

4.39 speed... good hands.. and a nifty spin move.

He'll be fun to watch.

11. PennyandtheJets

:D:D:D
    Certainly the complete package :D

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We'll see.
    I love his dodgy-ness in the open field and light traffic.

There was a long run he ripped off where there was one defender that was gaining on him and Breece took the perfect angle
    to avoid getting tackled before he crossed into the end zone. That's good vision and smarts.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I think net net, he was the best value pick for the Jets. Just like Saquan Barkley was overrated, I think Breece Hall is equally underrated. I expect great things from him.

And can someone throw some love on Mike Leafleur? He will kill it this season as well.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If Pickett beats out Trubisky, he might have something to say about this.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Beast will only go as far as his OLine takes him. JD to his credit has upgraded that unit with higher quality talent and LeFleur with any luck at all, won't call so many gut runs. Splitting the load with Carter will help as well but down the road, I think Beast will become the featured back. We'll see how TC plays out first..

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

X factor ran an excellent article a few weeks ago about how Breece Hall helps fix 3 big NY Jet RB issues.
    1. The Jets RBs led the NFL with 15 dropped passes led by Ty Johnson's 9 and some shaky hands by MC. Hall had one drop in 59 catches.
    2. Pass Blocking. Jets RBs had the 2nd most amount of pressures given up with 15. Again led byTy Johnson with shaky pass blocking by MC.
    3. Home run ability.Hall brings the ability to turn any touch into a TD.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/05/14/ny-jets-breece-hall-issues-rb/

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I normally wince when any fan base points to a RB as the Saviour of their offense. The running game HAS to be complimentary with may other weapons besides just the RB in order for that element to shine. Becton and AVT must be dominant. Moore, Wilson, Mims, and Davis must be another one of those complimentary pieces. Our TEs have to be another, and then Zack Wilson's play-action-pass ability must be there too. And LeFleur has to know how to capitalize on all his different weapons.

We have all the pieces! let's do this

Oh, when we drafted Mims, one ability he has that could help resurrect his career was his down-field blocking. He's a good and willing blocker for the run game. That alone could get him on the field more this season.

18. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

Looking in my crystal ball, there are a few highly-drafted rookies that are in a good position to make a ROTY run. In order of likelihood:

1. 30% likely - Sauce: It's not fair to expect any rookie to be a 100% shut-down NFL corner right away. However, my take on Sauce's film is that he is even better than advertised and a future NFL HOF DB. (Bold prediction, I know, but what's the fun in making predictions if you don't have the cajones to say anything more than "it's too early to tell until it's already happened"?) And the schedule will give him every opportunity to prove his skills against the best WRs and QBs in the league. It's not fair to expect Sauce to completely shut these stars down every week, but I fully expect him to consistently limit their production to levels that are far below their averages, and I expect some picks too. If he can do all of that, he should walk away with ROTY.

2. 25% - Breece Hall. The way everyone looks at running backs is weird. A top-tier RB can be a ridiculous weapon if used properly. The problem in recent years is that NFL teams aren't using them properly because RBs have a short career and teams don't want to constantly spend their top draft capital on someone with a short career. So, teams are pushing a pass-first offense, and even the best RBs are relegated to second-tier status. But JD's offseason moves suggest that, at least for this year, we are going to more of a run-focused offense while our young QB and receivers develop. If that's correct, it's an amazing opportunity for Breece. He has a great line and TE room blocking for him. He has an offensive scheme centered around him (at least this year). He has a great counterpart in Michael Carter to ensure Hall doesn't have to shoulder too many carries and risk injury from overwork. We have fast WRs and a QB who can throw the deep ball so that, even in a run-first offense, secondaries will have to stay honest to avoid giving up big passes. Finally, Breece has no significant holes in his game that would limit his touches. He has a chance to be a star in an offense that, this year, may center around him. If he steps up, he could put up stats that would definitely warrant ROTY consideration.

3. 20% Devin Lloyd: Lloyd has an interesting opportunity. He's very good, and he may be going into a very good situation for his rookie year. LBs can put up good stats in a 3-4 defense (which Jax will probably use often). Jax also lost two of their top starting LBs, so there is room for a rookie to get lots of reps. Also, while their offense should improve, it still has a long way to go, which means the defense will be on the field a lot. That gives a rookie LB more opportunities to pad his stats. Lloyd should have a good year.

4. 10% - Hutchinson or Thibodeaux: Either of these guys could produce a pile of sacks that would make a good case for ROTY. However, I think this is unlikely. While both of these guys should have a very solid year, their rookie production will likely be a big drop from their NCAA numbers because because NFL tackles are simply much better than NCAA tackles. It will probably take at least half a season, and more likely a full year, before either of these guys round out their game enough to start putting up big sack numbers. I think they have a tougher path to ROTY than Sauce/Hall/Lloyd.

5. 10% -- Neal/Ikwonu: Unlikely, but if no skill player puts up big stats, and if one of these guys is pretty dominant in their first year, then maybe one gets ROTY.

6. 5% - Stingley: Stingley has great potential but he was not as consistent as Sauce, especially over the last two years. Consistency matters for DBs. If he somehow manages to become super consistent and put up the big plays we saw in his freshman year, then he certainly has ROTY potential, but that's a big ask for a guy who had a two-year let-down to finish up his college career.

Brook! and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You win ROTY but your team loses games

That's not a Win Win...so let's hope for the best outcome

20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Look the kid looks like the goods, and was the highest rated guy in his position. Size, skill, talent all looks to be there. He's playing a position were he should make an immediate impact as soon as he hits the field. If he can give us at least 6 years of production I will be incrediably happy.