Garrett Wilson Signs Contract..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, May 18, 2022.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

The Jets now have all three of their first-round picks under contract. Jets rookie wide receiver Garrett Wilson agreed to terms on his four-year, $20.55 million fully guaranteed rookie contract.
    Thats all 3 first rounders signed. In 3 years JD has transformed this team from a joke to a well run organization. No over pays, no dead money. Players want to play for the Jets, we're definitely a team that is young & on the rise. Media finally talking about the Jets with positive vibes. Now lets get the rest of the '22 draft class signed & ready for camp. In JD I trust! Oh, & don't forget to sign Kwon Alexander.

#1 BudJet, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But, but, but if he doesn't win 8 games this season he is a failure and probably needs sacking off...

Apparently

Noam likes this.
  3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

If we don't win 8 games it will certainly not be JD's fault. He has done everything to put the team in a good situation. I say it would be on the CS not JD, & I like Salah. Players play hard for him. Just got to turn it into wins. Bills were 6 & 10 under McDermott his second year, then they broke out in his 3rd year. Continuity makes a difference. I'm not saying we shouldn't win games this year, but there are so many variables, injuries being one, how well the team plays in spite of a loss, example is the Bucks game last year, we loss but played well, (no blowouts). To say if we don't win 8 games we should pull the trigger on JD & Saleh. My prediction however is 8 wins, but I'm not ready to cut ties with JD & Saleh if we don't get there.

#3 BudJet, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
    NYJ1970, KingRoach, NYJetsO12 and 6 others like this.
  4. K'OB

I agree my post was laced with a lot of sarcasm for what other posters have been saying.

I agree bar 5 wins for me, hey maybe even as high as 7

BudJet likes this.
  5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I’m more interested in Larry Ogunjobi than Kwon Alexander, but if they bring him in cheap I’m ok with it. I like Garrett Wilson in #17. I’d love to see JJ get #11 from Mims, or get #99 if Vinny Curry doesn’t make the final roster. The team’s DE group is super deep so I could see Curry not making it. Even if you don’t count Franklin-Myers, they still have:
    -Lawson
    -Johnson
    -Martin
    -Clemons

And possibly Huff who could make it over Curry.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  6. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

They do? Maybe we’re on our way to that but I don’t think we’re there yet

7. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

W.....T.....F are you talking about? I'm pretty sure they got their first round picks under contract last year too (and the year before...and the year before....)
    and: 4-13.

Ron

ouchy likes this.
  8. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken I believe Zach held out a few days, Sam held out a few days.

9. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

So does that mean JD was bad last year but good this year? I'm trying to understand why signing first round picks in a certain period of time
    means anything whatsoever.

Ron

10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

It's not just the picks signing, it's the trades, the Draft moves, free agency, creating cap space while building the roster. JD has really done some nice work these past few years. & has made the Jets a more respectable franchise.

11. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Sweet!!! Boy those pics of Wilson in Jets colors looks so fitting. I can't wait for training camp.

12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

13. K'OB

I hope he gets it back, I've a fucking jersey coming with Wilson 5 on it :eek::eek::eek:

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

From the small number of practice drill clips I've seen, Garrett Wilson looks big to me. Say, that should be it's own thread ;) No Kidding, he looks taller than I expected which is a good thing.

15. K'OB

My Garret Wilson shirt just arrived from China, I can not overstate how impressed I am with the quality of the shirt, it really does feel like a proper short rather than a knock off, the numbers and nameplate are great.

But and this is the funny part...

I got an XXL shirt as all my football shirts from China have been tight as fuck, I have had a large and an XL and still tight, this shirt could fit me in twice, the disappointment is real.

It actually feels like I could order a large in this shirt and it would fit me fine, I have waited 6 weeks for delivery but for less than £25 it really is a great buy.

I have the feeling it is sized as if you are going to be all padded up lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#15 K'OB, Jun 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Like the Browns , we can get rid of a bad Coach like Kitchens and get a Stefanski if Saleh shits the bed

It would mean that our GM is doing his job right

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Ironically my Zach Wilson jersey from China just came today. I don’t know why anyone would ever order an nfl licensed authentic jersey when you can get these for a fraction of the price with no major discernible issues. I do find the Chinese jerseys to run small though especially the neck. But I’m also 6’4” and would probably be the tallest person in China.

Brook! and K'OB like this.
  18. K'OB

First NFL one I have bought, the soccer ones are always small but hell this is like a circus tent on me.

I need another fat UK fan to buy it off me and I will order another one :)

Out of interest what size did you order?

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

For my height I have to get a 3X, which is really a 2X (maybe even XL) in the US. The struggles of tall men are not chronicled anywhere near enough.

K'OB likes this.
  20. K'OB

Any bigger UK Jet fans feel free to get in touch and we can discuss a fee and postage costs lol

[​IMG]

I am a 46" chest

It actually doesn't look as big as it felt the first time I tried it on but the arms are the impossible to deal with part lol

#20 K'OB, Jun 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    Brook! likes this.