Do we have the coaches needed to utilize the talent we have? (Poll)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, May 7, 2022.

?

Do we have the coaches needed to utilize the talent we have?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

There's a difference between changing up the plays called, while remaining true to the offensive scheme, vs. changing the entire defensive scheme. Keep in mind that they went into last season with a mix of guys who were carryovers from the 3-4 system that Gase and Bowles used, plus new guys/rookies, and then add to that all the injuries. I'm not excusing Saleh or Ulbrich entirely, but I think their hands were tied to a great degree by the personnel they had and the injuries.

All that said, they've gotten an influx of talent, plus the guys they had have a year under their belt, so there needs to be a massive improvement this year.

fansince90 and Noam like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the defensive scheme was trash last year. I am worried about the coaching staff. I dont care who you have on that D, you should be able to fix certain issues as they arise

Jojo, westiedog1, fansince90 and 2 others like this.
  3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The offense easily dealt with more injuries than the defense. Even with the injuries our defensive personnel was better than the year before, yet the defense performed far worse.

Good coaches adapt, Belichick's been doing it for 20 years. LaFleur did it last year. Saleh didn't.

Regarding delegation, does it not fall on the HC if the guy he chooses to be DC is a disaster in that role?

fansince90 and Ralebird like this.
  4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Perhaps we watched different teams. The defense was decimated by injuries. We lost the entire secondary and every LB other than CJ. Them we lost DLmen.
    So I guess you've backed off of the nonsense about schemes and what Saleh's role is as a HC and are just going to keep claiming things that are so wrong its comical

Losmeister, fansince90 and cval like this.
  5. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I actually questioned the passing game. When looking at the highlights it seems that most of the play calls were possession/ move the chains plays. The receiver would catch the ball and immediately get tackled, or run out of bounds. We need more explosive plays whereas the success of the play does not solely rely on the athleticism of the receiver to break and shake tackles and then outrun the defense.

6. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, Saleh said the same thing when interviewed. He talked about how key 49er defenders were injured yet he was still able to adapt and develop a dominant defense.

7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

utilize is my on of my least favorite words. i never USE it.