Insurance for Zach Wilson...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 7, 2022.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jets tried to fill all the holes they can. You can't blame Joe Do for trying to be honest.

Say Wilson shits the bed as of Week 8 or 9 and tells us he isn't really the answer, as an insurance, who would you try to sign as of this summer. You think Flacco or Mike White cuts it?

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We rolling with Mike White and Flacco.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Poe,
    I say go after a vet you like. Flacco won't cut it. We got a good roster to sacrifice the season for. Ask the price for Garoppolo or an equivalent I say. I missed play offs man.

Poeman likes this.
  4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Jimmy G is going to be expensive and they want consistency in the qb room. I really thinks these are the guys for 2022 at least. I'm not high on Flacco so if Zach stinks or gets hurt I want to see White Lightning

papapump likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

They're not going to sign, or trade for, a vet who is considered anything more than a journeyman which is what they already have in Flacco and White. They're not going to risk a "QB controversy" and put extra pressure in Zach in his second season. They've given him the tools, and now they're going to let him sink or swim on his own, and clearly prove one way or the other whether he's the guy or not. If he doesn't step up, they'll look for somebody new (or at least to strongly compete with him) in the off season.

6. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Josh Johnson will lead us the the Superbowl

Footballgod214, cval and westiedog1 like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMO. We do absolutely nothing more at QB this year. This entire year is about Zach. Time to put the best 52 out there and not create a QB controversy by adding a highly paid experienced QB with a shorter horizon. No way.

8. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I’m sorry I think Mike White can be decent enough if the rest of the team is good and ZW isn’t panning out yet. No need for Jimmy at all that’s just a waste. Then we just draft someone next year or make a trade offseason

IDFjet likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'd sign a quarterback that can play linebacker.

Lon Chaney and Cman68 like this.
  10. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Mike White to the rescue.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This thread is a year early. This roster hasn’t proven to be anything. Yea the draft looks good on paper but until we see it on the rectangle hanging on my living room wall we need to pump the brakes a little bit.

KingRoach, SOJAZ, cval and 1 other person like this.
  12. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

No one new . Lots if losses would be needed to show zw is failure . I doubt if mw or jf will then rescue team. So lots of losses means high draft pick. Where jd tries to get a qb to eventually replace zw.
    But I think zw will improve greatly. Insurance means you replace simething"lost". I am not interested in replacing lost wins with a stopgap

ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  13. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Wilson gets this year and next to prove himself and I think he will. We have two competent backups in case he gets hurt. If by the end of year three, Wilson can't cut it, the Jets should 1) give Mike White a shot (he's earned it), and failing that 2) bring in an experienced vet like Garoppolo but not necessarily him. No to drafting another QB and going through another 3 year development cycle with a talented experienced roster. We need to win with these guys we've drafted the past 3 years

Hopefully, this scenario won't play out, but if it does, there should be consequences for the coaching staff who couldn't get the talent of Wilson to come out, and maybe JD as well for misjudging Wilson. If you miss at QB, it doesn't much matter if your other picks are good.

14. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

As fantastic a job as they’ve done acquiring talent, you have to remember how young the team is, and that pretty much everyone they have will be here next year as well. I think even if Wilson takes a huge step, the Jets might be a fringe playoff team at best, so I’d ride Wilson through the year and if it’s awful just make a big move for QB in 2023.

This roster is so young and inexperienced, I don’t believe they’d be wasting a year of true contention even if Wilson was bad. Better to just roll with the QB’s they have, and attack QB in 2023 if really necessary to move on from Wilson.

15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Hopefully Mike White worked his ass off and is better this year than last.

16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Tebow?

cval and HomeoftheJets like this.
  17. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

the ny jets cannot allow wilson to shit the bed and bench him after 8/9 games. we need to give him a full season, regardless of record, and make an educated decision after the season. if we're 1-8 or 0-9 at some point, it makes no difference because the season is over regardless, we need to evaluate wilson and give him a fair shot.

at that point, we decide if we need to move on.

westiedog1 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

That statement should apply more to Zach Wilson than Mike White. I'm not worried about Mike White.

Ralebird and CotcheryFan like this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

ZW failing should be every Fans absolute worst nightmare!

But if so..I think we should try get back into the first round of the 2023 Draft like Roseman did with Phil (they got a first round pick from Titans I think) if the Jalen Hurts experiment fails

Flacco and White are has beens

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

They should sign the "mayhem" guy from the AllState commercials.... he's obviously pretty durable and can take quite a beating