Welcome to the Jets Micheal Clemons

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Snatch Catch, Apr 30, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

probably pretty fair. we likely only carry 5 LBers and 4 safeties but we'll carry 7 CBs (because hardee) so thats 16 spots leaving about 9-10 for lineman so I still think it has to be trimmed down. i could see curry being released

not that i'm overrating them but just based on the contracts. JFM just signed an extension for 12.5 a year and is a solid DE/DT hybrid so he likely is a lock. martin we just gave a deal to as a FA where we can't cut him this year. huff is easy to move or can be stashed but he did have a high pass rush win rate and from watching him on film he's a very above average situational pass rusher. not even close to a full DE as he's a huge liability in the run game but h'es a very legit rusher and cheap as hell. if we tried to PS him he'd be taken quickly. curry is the one likely to be cut IMO as he's old, coming off injury and doesn't have a lot left in the tank.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I’d be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts (what does that even mean) that we trade Hall and White before we cut Curry

3. GasedAndConfused

I think if there was a trade market for white he would have been gone already since we resigned flacco. I could see us moving hall or echols

4. KingRoach

I think the trade market for White is going to develop after he plays a couple games in this friendly offense and reminds other GMs that he’s in the MF hall of fame. I could see the Texans, Rams and Colts all showing interest.

FJF and cval like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

doubtful. he's been aorund long enough and got to play 2 games last year his value isn't high. even former 1st rounder baker and jimmy g who's been successful haven't seen much heat on their trades

6. KingRoach

I think the difference is Baker and JG would be competing for starting jobs so teams like the ones I mentioned wouldn’t be interested in Baker or Jimmy G.

He’s only played in 2 full games and 1 of the games he had a hall of fame performance.

To reiterate IF MIKE HAS LIGHTS OUT PERFORMANCE IN THE PRESEASON I think a trade market will develop

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

He destroyed LSU tackle also. I like this pick by the Jets and he can become a situational pass rusher this can become something good.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

i doubt it. like i said he's been around a bunch. lots of teams could have swung an offer. nobody has. we probably want to keep 3 Qbs anyway

9. KingRoach

Thank you for repeating your point without acknowledging the part I felt important enough to put in all caps.

If you reply to this comment please don’t add any new information just repeat yourself using slightly different words.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If he has a lights out preseason, why would we trade him? Hell we should start him

Ralebird likes this.
  11. KingRoach

Probably the silly CS thinks that ZW is far more talented and has the ability to take this team to another level. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

and they think the same about Joe Flacco too

13. KingRoach

I think Flacco’s value is of a seasoned vet who can help ZW become a better FQB

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

It refers to a time when doughnuts cost almost nothing. A nickel, for example. So... "I think this is so likely to happen, I'm ready to bet a dollar to win a nickel."

Inflation has technically killed this expression, but we still get the idea.

15. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Clemons reminds me a lot of the Maxx Crosby story. Fell a bit due to some incidences off the field. But has the ideal tools to become a really good pass rusher.

Because of our coaching, I think I like our chances of getting the most out of him.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Still can’t believe we traded Brett Ratliff. Had a lights out preseason. Could have been our franchise QB

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Not what it used to when a dollar was a dollar and a doughnut cost less than a nickel. Inflation has ruined a tasty metaphor.

Edited to add: I've been twowned.

#57 Ralebird, May 3, 2022
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Isn't that what they thought last season? How'd that work out?

19. KingRoach

Pretty well. He actually threw more Touchdowns and yards than both Rodgers and Mahomes did in their rookie seasons. Let’s see if he can match Mahomes’ sophomore season.

ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

Good one except it’s not comparable because Mike White has actually won a game in the NFL