The jets will win at least 10 games this year and contend for the playoffs.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bleedgreen, Apr 30, 2022.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

For sure, and it’s possible all of the guys we drafted don’t perform well this year. I just think the days of having to wait 2-3 years for guys to produce are long gone.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

10 wins isn't happening.

Before last season the consensus here was that we'd win 7 games. We won 4. 7 sounds about right for this upcoming season. Anything less is failure and anything more will be a pleasant surprise.

It all comes down to how much of a leap Wilson can make. We have no shortage of weapons, we should have a good offense at the very least unless Wilson is awful.

3. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I go back a lot further than you . back to even before the titans existed. So my frustration level should be off the charts. But I really feel JD is very good and I trust his judgements. each draft was much better than the year before. The coaches?...we will see. The have the backgrounds necessary so hopefully they also get better from their rookie year. the players? so much went wrong last year and realistically could again, but at some point the crap has to stop happening. I don't care if the players we have are the best at their positions. I care that they are very good playing for the Jets.
    If the Oline plays up to potential it will be very good. If ZW makes the leap our offense should worry other teams. Moore could be dynamic. Davis could hold on to the ball. Hall could add the needed jolt when he is in the game. the defense is my big worry but they gave it a lot of help. I am not saying the Jets are great, I am saying if everything jells they are better than 500.

KY Jets Fan and horsehead like this.
  4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Well Dolphins did get a one of the top OT in Armstead, one of the top WR in Hill and a very decent back up QB in Bridgewater. They resign a very good TE in Gesecki and also added RB Chase who is a pass receiver RB. Waddle and Eichbegerg their big two Draft picks last year are an experienced year older.

Not saying we can’t beat the dolphins at least one game but I think Dolphins on paper have improved offensively. .

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they’ve improved pretty significantly on offense for sure. A wildcard is how the defense looks without Flores who was a good coach

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Can the Jets win 10 games , of course they can but it is unlikely. The NFL is fickle and a lot of games will be close. Seasoned veteran teams learn how to win the close ones. Let us put this in perspective shall we? The Bills only won 11 games last season , 49ers 10 , Bengals 10. The Browns and Ravens were expected to make a playoff run only won 8 games the Colts only won 9.

7. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

We had a good draft, but it’s too early to start the hype train.

Remember last season? We’re still a young team. We should win more than 4 games. I’ll be happy with 7 or 8 wins, but 10? I’d love to see it, but..

8. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but no way can I see ten wins.

I expect Zach to take a big jump overall, but there is really little doubt that he will have 2 to 4 bad to really bad games in the course of a season, not to mention that if he misses any games the backup QB situation is totally inadequate IMHO.

Also, we will be very young, there is probably little doubt that there will be a couple of outings where we play well enough to win, but just cant close the deal due to rookie/young player mistakes.........a dropped ball, a missed tackle, a coverage breakdown, a bad penalty, giving up an untimely sack, etc. Some shit will happen, after all we are the JETS.

Here is what i am looking for:

1. More wins on the field - we need to go from 4 to at least 6, I would guess 6 to 7 would represent reasonable progress. 8 or more off the charts and beyond my personal expectations.

2. Last season we were decimated by injuries. There will always be some, after all this is the NFL, but I am assuming we will be average in that department and especially that nothing major will hit Zach that would cause him to miss more than a couple of games.

3. Significant progression by Zach. He has to get to the point where he is amongst the 15 to 20 best QBs this season and hopefully on his way to future stardom.

4. I think we have acquired a lot of explosive weapons, I expect a nice combination of some longer time of possession drives along with some really big plays. if the O-Line hold up our O needs to improve from last season's 18 PPG to the mid twenties.

5. our def PPG needs to improve from 29 PPG down to the 22 to 24 PPG range. Just not being on the field as much will be a big plus.

6. The eye test - really most important of all - forget the stats, forget the wins - we have to look like we belong on an NFL field and can be competitive with anybody. Buffalo and NE in particular blew us out last season. We simply cant have 4 more non-competitive games against divisional rivals.

westiedog1 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

2. Last season we were decimated by injuries. There will always be some, after all this is the NFL, but I am assuming we will be average in that department and especially that nothing major will hit Zach that would cause him to miss more than a couple of games.

3. Significant progression by Zach. He has to get to the point where he is amongst the 15 to 20 best QBs this season and hopefully on his way to future stardom.

If this happens I would be immensely disappointed with 6-7 wins. How does the QB improve from 32 to say 16, yet the team ekes out 2 more wins (and they should/ could have won 6 last year)

KingRoach likes this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Look no further than Zach Wilson as proof of that. He lost us a bunch of games last year.

Ralebird and James Hasty like this.